my Honda/Acura extended warranty fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:24 PM
uu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my Honda/Acura extended warranty fiasco

anyway, my car is in PAA for 2nd transmission replacement. They called me today that my car's engine mounts are also broken, and they will need to replace for $220. I said fine, since I have extended Honda/Acura warranty. But PAA couldn't find my VIN number in Honda/Acura warranty system. So I called the both the car dealer and the Honda Care. My dealer told me that I did purchase, however Honda/Acura Care couldn't find my VIN number at all!!!!

Now my dealer is trying to find out what happened. I told PAA to go ahead with the repair, hopefully everthing will come through Monday.

Man, this is another strike to Honda/Acura on top of my twice transmission failure... I am losing faith in them.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Red/Ebony CLS 6-Spd

I just purchased (24 Aug. 2005) a 6-year, 100k mile, 0 deductible AcuraCare warranty from Curry Honda in MA. They sent me a booklet showing all pertinent information that the dealer you bought yours from SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU.

It is titled "Vehicle Service Contract" and has an AcuraCare logo at the bottom of the front cover. Inside the front cover is the Identification Page showing all information you will ever need: Contract Holder name and address, Contract Number, Issuing Dealer and address, Contract Effective Date, Contract Expiration Date, Contract Expiration Milage, Deductible amount, Contract Purchase Price, Vehicle VIN#, Make/Model/Year. When you need to verify your coverage, all you would have to do is show them this booklet.

If the dealer you purchased your extended warranty from didn't give you this booklet, he's shirking his duty.

(For those contemplating the purchase of an AcuraCare extended warranty, Curry Honda charged me $1165 for 6 years, 0 deductible, 100k miles. I had 48k miles on the odometer when I bought it. I'm nowhere near Curry Honda (I'm in NJ, they're in MA). I found out about them when they sent me an Email advertising their rate. One can pick up the extended warranty from ANY Honda or Acura dealer as long as you're not past 56K on the odometer. Shop around for the dealer selling it the cheapest.)
Old 09-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by resedaruss
I just purchased (24 Aug. 2005) a 6-year, 100k mile, 0 deductible AcuraCare warranty from Curry Honda in MA. They sent me a booklet showing all pertinent information that the dealer you bought yours from SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU.

It is titled "Vehicle Service Contract" and has an AcuraCare logo at the bottom of the front cover. Inside the front cover is the Identification Page showing all information you will ever need: Contract Holder name and address, Contract Number, Issuing Dealer and address, Contract Effective Date, Contract Expiration Date, Contract Expiration Milage, Deductible amount, Contract Purchase Price, Vehicle VIN#, Make/Model/Year. When you need to verify your coverage, all you would have to do is show them this booklet.

If the dealer you purchased your extended warranty from didn't give you this booklet, he's shirking his duty.

(For those contemplating the purchase of an AcuraCare extended warranty, Curry Honda charged me $1165 for 6 years, 0 deductible, 100k miles. I had 48k miles on the odometer when I bought it. I'm nowhere near Curry Honda (I'm in NJ, they're in MA). I found out about them when they sent me an Email advertising their rate. One can pick up the extended warranty from ANY Honda or Acura dealer as long as you're not past 56K on the odometer. Shop around for the dealer selling it the cheapest.)
this is the one where they send it to you in the mail correct? I got a small packet with some information on what is covered along with 2 warranty cards with my name on it, vin #
Old 09-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm here in spirit...

I hate Acura service..... Hate to say it but the best service I've gotten has been Ford. No one has beat it yet.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:40 AM
Intermediate

(For those contemplating the purchase of an AcuraCare extended warranty, Curry Honda charged me $1165 for 6 years, 0 deductible, 100k miles. I had 48k miles on the odometer when I bought it. I'm nowhere near Curry Honda (I'm in NJ, they're in MA). I found out about them when they sent me an Email advertising their rate. One can pick up the extended warranty from ANY Honda or Acura dealer as long as you're not past 56K on the odometer. Shop around for the dealer selling it the cheapest.)[/QUOTE]

I guess it's cuz you're a a year younger, mine being an 2002 CL-S. I was quoted $1260 for an extended (on-line quote) and I have 34000 miles on it. Or did you call to bargain with them?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by resedaruss

Hmm... that doesn't sound that bad. I'm thinking about keeping my car for awhile now, so I may look into getting an extended warranty. 1100 doesn't sound that bad (I've got 38K miles on my 03).
Old 09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Hmm... that doesn't sound that bad. I'm thinking about keeping my car for awhile now, so I may look into getting an extended warranty. 1100 doesn't sound that bad (I've got 38K miles on my 03).
Damn, I got that many on my 01

Mine came with the car, so I don't know what I paid for it (Acura CPO)
Old 09-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Red/Ebony CLS 6-Spd

Originally Posted by andyjl
this is the one where they send it to you in the mail correct? I got a small packet with some information on what is covered along with 2 warranty cards with my name on it, vin #
Actually no. My offer came by Email and was from a Honda dealer. I've gotten a ton of junk-land-mail containing extended-warranty offers from 3rd parties (that are NOT offering AcuraCare). Personally, I would avoid 3rd party warranties for reasons already mentioned elsewhere. The junk-mail offers are careful NOT to say exactly who they are--they want you to think they are offering the Honda-provided warranty but AcuraCare doesn't appear anywhere in the literature.

If you want exactly what you had when your car was new, then AcuraCare is the keyword.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Red/Ebony CLS 6-Spd

Originally Posted by Grayson
I guess it's cuz you're a a year younger, mine being a 2002 CL-S. I was quoted $1260 for an extended (on-line quote) and I have 34000 miles on it. Or did you call to bargain with them?
I don't think it mattered if I had a 2002 or a 2003--milage is the big issue.

The Email they sent me was offering $95 off their already discounted price. If that price is expired, I would call them and say you would have acted on that price if they had sent you the offer. Maybe you can talk them into it.

But keep in mind, ANY Honda or Acura dealer can sell you an AcuraCare warranty and there is always one dealer somewhere that is selling it on the internet cheaper than anyone else.