my GS vs 05 Stang....pitty the Stang...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Quicker than U Think

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my GS vs 05 Stang....pitty the Stang...

didn't really let him stretch his legs I hate street racing, so I kept speeds reasonable....it was pretty hot out, about 90 with 90% humidity......

Younger guy, probably early 20s, had his cool dude glasses on. I pulled along side of him, dropped it into second, and jumped the car forward. He turned and laughed at me ...oh, how do I love that!!!! I don't blame him, after all what idiot would try to run a V8 mustang in a FWD Regal. MUHAHAHAHA Then he nailed it, we were on a roll, and he couldn't pull on me, and I couldn't pull on him much. I hate running on a roll. Then we catch the only light before my turn to my house. He didn't laugh at me this time.....light goes green, we both take off. I had a great launch, but was fighting for traction all the way through 1st gear, so I had to feather it a little. By about 60-70mph I had over a car on him, and was pulling away from him pretty good. I shut it down, I made my point.....'05 Mustangs are my biotch!!!! If we went the full 1/4, he probably would have stopped my pulling after the 1/8th, but I probably would have had at least 2-3 cars on him. And I haven't even put in my TB yet!!! He was probably stock....and I think he won't be mentioning this race to any of his buddies. BTW...I am still running the 3.25" pulley.

Old man Buick 1
Ricky Racer 0

I haven't been on here in a while...anyone ever run at Moroso? I should be going very soon...
Old 07-23-2005, 07:29 PM
nothing

haha thats awesome, have you posted pics of your car, id love to see that.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GS Dave
it was pretty hot out, about 90 with 90% humidity......
you missing so cal yet?

nice kill
Old 07-23-2005, 09:22 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
lol...bad ass dude....keep up the good work....
Old 07-24-2005, 02:21 AM
Blown LS6!!

Awesome run! Sleeper cars are the best. At the 1/4 track I had a pace car corvette (older model- maybe c4??) line up next to me and he looked over and chuckled. I swear I beat him by about 6 bus lengths in the blown CLS. He didn't line up again that whole night. Sad. I'm now thinking about debadging my CTS-V...although the LS6 burble does tip you off to whats under the hood
Old 07-24-2005, 05:31 AM
USTHS76

Had a run in with a Mustang GT (not sure what year, maybe an 01 or 02?) about a week or so ago. This guy kept revving his engine at everyone. It was really loud and annoying. Finally pulled up along side him and we launched. At 50, I had a half a car on him when I had to shut down (a car from a side street pulled in front of me). I don't know how it would've turned out but I think I pissed him off.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
nice one dave
Old 07-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Quicker than U Think

Thanks guys, there is a link to my cardomain page in my sig. Though the pictures are dated...they are in Cali...and lack the IC.

Mike, I do miss SoCal...how could anyone not!!! I really miss the mountains. But I live only 30 minutes from work, and 10 minutes from the beach. This is the beach I go to...
http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm Water temp right now is about 80+. I do like FL gas better, 93 octane vs the 91 crap back in Cali. It makes a noticable difference, especially being at sea level.

Going to take the GS to the track in the next week or so., I'll post the times. Expecting to be in the mid to high 13s. Though the weather really sucks right now, too friggin hot!!
Old 07-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

nice runs. but i dont understand why you do better from a launch? i mean i saw you launching at the track and you can launch 9/10 times better than any cls i have seen. you got some incredible 60 ft. with touring tires which i find quite amazing. but regardless of your launch, when you are going up against a powerful rwd car, how do you get the advantage? when i run into a rwd car that i know is fast, i try to run them from a roll so that i dont get launched on 2 cars before i even get moving!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Racer

hmm....

Thanks guys, there is a link to my cardomain page in my sig. Though the pictures are dated...they are in Cali...and lack the IC.

Mike, I do miss SoCal...how could anyone not!!! I really miss the mountains. But I live only 30 minutes from work, and 10 minutes from the beach. This is the beach I go to...
http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm Water temp right now is about 80+. I do like FL gas better, 93 octane vs the 91 crap back in Cali. It makes a noticable difference, especially being at sea level.

Going to take the GS to the track in the next week or so., I'll post the times. Expecting to be in the mid to high 13s. Though the weather really sucks right now, too friggin hot!!

I'm kinda confused.. the '05 stang runs about mid to high 13's as well. Sounds like you were just a better driver, and not that your car is faster... I also don't see how you beat him harder from a dig. The Stang is solid-stick rear end, it should actually have a better launch then you.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Quicker than U Think

Originally Posted by numbaonestunna
I'm kinda confused.. the '05 stang runs about mid to high 13's as well. Sounds like you were just a better driver, and not that your car is faster... I also don't see how you beat him harder from a dig. The Stang is solid-stick rear end, it should actually have a better launch then you.
At the track, I typically cut 2.1 60's in my car on HR rated Remington tires. lol Your average, non-racing Mustang guy probably runs 2.5s. Especially when he underestimates his opponent.

Power3dfx, my car is all torque relative to HP, so my big advantage is off the line, whereas your TL has higher HP relative to TQ, so your biggest advantage is from a roll...probably the higher the MPH you start, the better. For me its the opposite. I'm driving a mid to low 13 sec car, but from a roll, I can lose to a low 14 sec car. But on a dig, I can run with a low 13 sec car, till my car runs out of breath. Remember, the M90 roots blower becomes parasitic at high boost levels.

Numbaonestunna.....I was running low 14s at altitude....before I added my intercooler. Just look at the traps on my car, I ran a 14.1@95.5mph. Its all about the low end grunt.

I should be heading to the track soon, despite the warm summer weather. I'll try and line up heads up with an 05 Stang and might even get it on tape!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Racer

t.....'05 Mustangs are my biotch!!!! If we went the full 1/4, he probably would have stopped my pulling after the 1/8th, but I probably would have had at least 2-3 cars on him.
Easy there tiger.......I'm not sure all '05 Mustangs are your biotches......maybe this one in your thread......a little vague w/ your badass statement. You sure it wasn't a v6, and if it was a GT, you sure he knew it was a race? I'm finding it hard to believe that your sc/intercooled regal would be able to pull on the '05 that easily.......it'd be a drivers race, and if both were equal I'd say itd be a pretty even match-up - your hp would probably be a little higher, but I'd think the stang would have you in the torque department.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Good job Dave. Never underestimate the power of the SC 3800 series.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:23 PM
2015 RDX Base

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Easy there fiveoh.. For a very very short time before wrecking it I had a GP GTX (same setup as GS) w/3.1" pulley, headers, exhaust, intake, and aftercooler. Before I flipped it I ran a 13.2@104mph. That would have been enough to eat a new body mustang. Like 65 Fury said, never underestimate the 3800 series motor with a supercharger or turbo (grand national) strapped to it. There are guys in GTP/GTX's running 10's and 11's. There's no reason to put him down, or make the V6 or are you sure he knew you were racing comments.

Remember, these cars have work done to them, it all depends on how much you want to spend on a car. Hell there was a CLS with a what, I believe a 800HP TT motor in it. With the right work his GS can be one of the fastest cars on the streets around his town.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Quicker than U Think

Originally Posted by BadAcCLS
Easy there fiveoh.. For a very very short time before wrecking it I had a GP GTX (same setup as GS) w/3.1" pulley, headers, exhaust, intake, and aftercooler. Before I flipped it I ran a 13.2@104mph. That would have been enough to eat a new body mustang. Like 65 Fury said, never underestimate the 3800 series motor with a supercharger or turbo (grand national) strapped to it. There are guys in GTP/GTX's running 10's and 11's. There's no reason to put him down, or make the V6 or are you sure he knew you were racing comments.

Remember, these cars have work done to them, it all depends on how much you want to spend on a car. Hell there was a CLS with a what, I believe a 800HP TT motor in it. With the right work his GS can be one of the fastest cars on the streets around his town.
Thanks...I think most people on this board know something about the L67 motored cars...but there are always a few doubters.

fiveo-tl....not all 05 Mustangs are my biotch, I'm not that stupid...this one however was....and it was a GT. Who can't tell a GT from a V6? While the new V6 Stangs are respectable, in bone stock form I would be putting buslengths on him.

As for TQ...I guarantee you, I have definately got the TQ advantage over a stock 05 Stang. A stock GS has 280TQ at the crank, you start upping the boost(like me), and that number goes up real quick. I probably have at least as much TQ at the wheels as a stock 05 has at the crank. Some day I will get dynoed, but being conservative, I think the WTQ is in the 340 range is entirely possible. Unless the Stang driver is very good, I will hole shot him every time. BTW, driver is a factor, I know that, but my car is decenty quick as well.

There is always someone faster, we all know that....but this Mustang wasn't.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Not Asian

good kill
Old 08-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Racer

....I made my point.....'05 Mustangs are my biotch!!!!...
.......fiveo-tl....not all 05 Mustangs are my biotch, I'm not that stupid...this one however was....and it was a GT..... Who can't tell a GT from a V6?....
Dave, which statement are you sticking/not sticking with today?

Nice race.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Racer

2.5's???

At the track, I typically cut 2.1 60's in my car on HR rated Remington tires. lol Your average, non-racing Mustang guy probably runs 2.5s. Especially when he underestimates his opponent.

Power3dfx, my car is all torque relative to HP, so my big advantage is off the line, whereas your TL has higher HP relative to TQ, so your biggest advantage is from a roll...probably the higher the MPH you start, the better. For me its the opposite. I'm driving a mid to low 13 sec car, but from a roll, I can lose to a low 14 sec car. But on a dig, I can run with a low 13 sec car, till my car runs out of breath. Remember, the M90 roots blower becomes parasitic at high boost levels.

Numbaonestunna.....I was running low 14s at altitude....before I added my intercooler. Just look at the traps on my car, I ran a 14.1@95.5mph. Its all about the low end grunt.

I should be heading to the track soon, despite the warm summer weather. I'll try and line up heads up with an 05 Stang and might even get it on tape!!!

You have got to be kidding me. I was running 2.0's all day long, and would occassionally knock out a 1.9x at the track when I ran my Mustang GT. Even in my '03 Cobra (with a crappy hoppity-hop IRS) runs a 2.0x all day. The Mustang stock is geared to beat you in a launch on street tire... with slicks or DR it will kill you (i.e. -- 1.6 60') 14.1@95.5 must be all about the grunt... that's some good torque, that's a pretty low mph for that time. Then again, I don't know what height you're talking about either. I used to run consistent 14.0x in my GT@99, with a few 13.9x@99 (all in the 60')
Old 08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Quicker than U Think

Originally Posted by fiveoh-tl
Dave, which statement are you sticking/not sticking with today?

Nice race.
Until I lose to one, I am going with statement number 1.

As for beating mustangs with my stellar 2.1 60s....at the track, I would assume the Stang guy is serious and knows how to drive, that is a different story...RWD owns FWD, provided they know what they are doing. A good 60' in a GS with slicks is 1.7s to 1.8s. Some do get 1.9s on street tires, but I consider them freaks. No match for a slicked RWD pony car.

BTW, my last car before the GS was a 95 Stang GT Vert...I am not a Mustang hater by any stretch.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:58 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

theres a pretty fast ass gs around here... some old guy owns it and he sits at the local race spots.. races once tunes it for like 15-30 then races again.. all night long
Old 08-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Quicker than U Think

Originally Posted by shineynitelite
theres a pretty fast ass gs around here... some old guy owns it and he sits at the local race spots.. races once tunes it for like 15-30 then races again.. all night long
Some old guy owning a Regal GS...thats rare. lol

In Minnesota...I probably know the guy from the Regal board. If he tunes it between runs, he is probably pretty serious.