my brakes are woobling!!! Weir Canyon Acura is trippin

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my brakes are woobling!!! Weir Canyon Acura is trippin

Ok, i know i have been driving alot but i thought that my brakes wouldnt warp, yet they have been. I called my service dept, Weir Canyon Acura and talked with this one guy named Scott. I told him the situation and told him how many miles i have on the car, about 21000 miles. He told me that warranty doesnt cover that. I was thinkin.....are u HIGH? He told me that if it was around 7000 miles or so then he could do that. So i was becoming alittle frustrated with him and told him that something doesnt sound right. so i just hung up the phone with him. I called several other acura dealerships and they told me that if the brake pads still had about 60-70% wear on them then they can replace the pads. What is up with Weir Canyon Acura?? I called back later and talked with someone else and they told me another story from a different person this time. Something is not adding up here. Anyhow, what do you guys think i can get out of this? Should I just make a scene over there and tell everyone how horrible their service is? Oh by the way. The last time i went in to get an oil change, i brought my own oil and filter and SCOTT told me that he couldnt do it cause its not Acura recommended items. I looked at him and laughed and said get my your manager. Im really disliking this SCOTT character.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:53 PM
One Bad Mutha

Location: From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
Wier Canyon has undergone new management so I hear. I try to stay away from the place as much as often, but Metro (Montclair)and Thomas (Covina) Acura are my only alternatives in the area, and they royaly suck. Ask for Gary Nice, he seems cool. My car has 25k on it, took it for an oil change, told him rotors were warped, he said no problem we will turn them for you and replace pads, and I overheard that Scott dude tell him "Can we do that, I don't think so" Gary just told him, don't worry about it. Scott seems shady, that place is changing, the folks aren't as nice as they use to be, try Gary though, he was cool.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Intermediate

thanx for the reply. I am rather worried about Weir Canyon especially since i bought my car there. Bob Siska, another guy who usually takes care of my car comforts me when i told him of this same situation there, just Scott seems like the abnormal one. anynow im goin to take it in on monday and see what they have to tell me. If they tell me that they cant do it then im goin to raise hell. Then if they still cant do it then Ill have to go to Metro Acura. At least Metro Acura is willing to look at the situation, plus they will install after market things which is pretty kool. I hope to see you around Chino Hills or Brea
Old 01-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

report this scott guy to his manager/supervisor