This morning and my luck with the cars...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 08:46 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This morning and my luck with the cars...

First, Let me spell the good news. I was driving those 8 miles to the dealer ( Rt-3 HW, Nashua) and was followed by another silver CLS.. Going 85 in a 55 zone the guy was like pumped and happy guy and waved to me when I was started changing lanes to get to my exit.

That was the high point...

The bad stuff, I had to get up 1 hr earlier than usual so I can be at the dealer at 8:30 AM.

At the dealer, parking lot. I was pulling back to park CLS and I hit a freaking light pole fixed in 20" Cement post. Yep... I hit the Cement post. What a Stupid landscaper who puts a fooking 20" Cement post at the edge of the curb. Damages are quite few nice deep scratches in the plastic bumper... The X-scrach remover will cover some scratches but it's rough like a sanding paper....

At the service desk, usual wait to get someone free to help me. Paper work done and a surprise.... "Sorry sir we are out of Acura loaners, we will put you in FREE entreprise rental car..." I said, "..but I booked a loaner 10 days ago..."

Damn it.... 5 minutes later.. a Fugly bitsh shows up, paper work done... then she says..

Suprise, "sorry sir, this rental is smaller then usual... it is a shitty POS dodge neon, it is washed but it's has some dents and scratshes, I will note those on the rental doc..." I said, Oh no, I go from a $30k luxury car to this,...She added, " That makes you appreciate your car more" ... I was like

Fook that, I had no other choice... but to drive back to work... the good thing is that my CLS would be ready this afternoon, and I do not have to drive this POS neon for more than 10 miles....

Now, I have to take care of the bumper...
Old 03-05-2002, 09:06 AM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if only that stupid bish knew that she just added insult to injury!!! im sorry, man hope ScratchX takes most of the stuff out...is the bumper dented in?? are the sides of the bumper stickin out from the frame??? again, my apologies.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:12 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

no dents nothing.... just rough surfaces on the plastic bumper.. I hope the buffer would smooth it out as much as possible..
Old 03-05-2002, 10:47 AM
Safety Car

"See you can take the reservation, you just cant hold a reservation, and that is the biggest part of the whole process, the holding of the reservation" Jerry Seinfeld

Yeah, freaking Enterprise rentals.

Here is my story: I was going to take my car to the dealer to see about my tranny, but they could not take me today because they would not have enough Enterprise rentals and I would have to wait. So I am just gonna bring it in tomorrow. Acura rental, huh, have not had one yet.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Did I say the neon is freakin small... I would take corolla anyday oover the POS neon

Anyone mentioned Neon SVT.... What for, it is insane...
Old 03-05-2002, 11:16 AM
Team Owner

I ALWAYS get a Ford Taurus as a loaner.
My dealer switched from Integra’s to them a few years ago to save costs.

It doesn’t really bother me too much because the dealer is only about 5-miles from where I work.

Shawn S
Old 03-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Cruisin'

does Sunnyside always suck? I am looking for somewhere else to go because I've had enough of North Hampton
Old 03-05-2002, 11:25 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Sunnyside is only good for warranty work...

The last few times I had POS rental.. before that I was getting 2001 TL and 1999 CL as loaners...

Now Acura loaners are very few...

Service is nice. Attitude is okay. Schecduled Service cost is a murder. Service Parts at MSRP or more... I don't like the parts guy anymore cause they do not want to bargain and if you come with Internet prices ( like install prices of PAA or parts prices at www.acuraland.com or www.AHmotors.com) they get pissed off quickly and give you the bad ass attitude...

Free car wash and interior vac included.

One thing I hate about Sunnyside.. Their Estimated time to cpmplete a job is a wack... My 15,000 miles service plus few warrenty work took 5 working days instead of hours...So be warned.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by BigPimp
"See you can take the reservation, you just cant hold a reservation, and that is the biggest part of the whole process, the holding of the reservation" Jerry Seinfeld

Yeah, freaking Enterprise rentals.

Here is my story: I was going to take my car to the dealer to see about my tranny, but they could not take me today because they would not have enough Enterprise rentals and I would have to wait. So I am just gonna bring it in tomorrow. Acura rental, huh, have not had one yet.
Hey BigPimp, that's my favorite all time Seinfeld bit I love it when she asks if he wants the insurance and he replies " You better give it to me because i'm gonna BEAT THE CRAP out of that thing "
Old 03-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Advanced

Re: This morning and my luck with the cars...

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
At the service desk, usual wait to get someone free to help me. Paper work done and a surprise.... "Sorry sir we are out of Acura loaners, we will put you in FREE entreprise rental car..." I said, "..but I booked a loaner 10 days ago..."

Sign seen behind counter at Sunnyside's service dept:

Customers seen backing into poles will receive POS Neon for loaner - No Exceptions !

(Sorry, but someone had to say it)
Old 03-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I will let you park your CLS there, if you hit the cemenent pole that you cannot see while backing up ... than you too should get the POS neon.

Anyways, I have now few dents and the new scratches on the bumper, I am planning on going to a reputable body shop, have an estimated and get all the those body crap out of my CLS

$100 to $500, I do not care, I need my car back like new by the coming spring...
Old 03-06-2002, 08:26 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk

$100 to $500, I do not care, I need my car back like new by the coming spring...
if it gets that expensive, get a new one.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:44 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I am thinking about moving from coupe to 4 doors... My wife is expecting a new baby by end of August...

She is bugging me for an SUV, She would love to get an MDX... I suggested the new Honda Pilot.

I would be swaping my CLS with the Honda Pilot (give or take couple grands).

And by Summer 2003 , I will be buying myself a nice 4-doors sports car (S4 or 2004 TL-S, if it is well updated.)