Mods??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001 | 04:13 PM
Cruisin'

Mods??

Where in Miami is the best place to have mods installed. Headers, exhaust, CAI,sways etc.
Old 06-20-2001 | 04:17 PM
Racer

wish i knew.. the only place that i know of is rick case acura up in west palm.. but thats kinda far and im sure there are some local shops, i would just worried about their quality.

------------------
------------------
2001 Silver 3.2 CL-P
Tints, piaa road lamps, hyper white all around, custom eyebrows, tl-s cup holders, Acura-CL.com stickers, Xplod 10" sub and AMP, cleared out headlights, custom grill
Old 06-20-2001 | 04:23 PM
Cruisin'

My thoughts exactly, just had an a-hole try to charge me 700.oo for a busted A/C, wifes car. I do not like to go to dealers, Miami Acura is in my neighborhood, but you know the deal. When I was looking at the car I asked the salesman about mods and warrenties etc, he was a jerk about it.
dgb
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LarryB:
wish i knew.. the only place that i know of is rick case acura up in west palm.. but thats kinda far and im sure there are some local shops, i would just worried about their quality.

</font>
Old 06-20-2001 | 04:26 PM
Racer

who was your sales man i go to miami acura also, sometimes there really nice and sometimes its just average. You coming to the meet on saturday?

------------------
------------------
2001 Silver 3.2 CL-P
Tints, piaa road lamps, hyper white all around, custom eyebrows, tl-s cup holders, Acura-CL.com stickers, Xplod 10" sub and AMP, cleared out headlights, custom grill

[This message has been edited by LarryB (edited 06-20-2001).]
Old 06-20-2001 | 04:49 PM
Rod
Drifting

Does Miami Acura install Comptech parts? Or any other aftermarket parts?

And yeah, most places down here do ghetto jobs, I don't trust these places. They tell you anything to get your money. Some guy at this place, I think it was Blitz, told me not to worry about the negative camber when dropping my car with Eibachs and that an alignment wasn't needed. He even added, "besides, the tires look cool like that." LOL...he was talking about when the tires look like this from the back: / \
Old 06-20-2001 | 04:58 PM
Instructor

From what I hear, HONDATECH is the best place to get mods.

------------------
Black_Pride
-2001 CL-"S"pankin New
-BLACK-on-BLACK
-NAVI
-SPOILER
-BACK SEAT WHORE
-SMOKE SCREEN
-OIL SLICK
-REAR FIRING MISSILES
-A "HONK IF YOU THINK I'M JESUS" BUMPER STICKER

"If brains were dangerous, you would be safe!"
www.MrCloseout.net
Old 06-20-2001 | 04:59 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black_Pride:

</font>
Where is this place?
Old 06-20-2001 | 05:00 PM
magnet

go to wheel and tire outlet on us1 and 140 st next to cartronics they did my headers and suspension they are my friends they can get you headers rims........etc ask for ben jr and tell him mike with the blue type s sent u

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, aem cold air intake,nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc,
INFECTED WITH POST WHORE SYNDROME
Old 06-20-2001 | 05:01 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod:
Does Miami Acura install Comptech parts? Or any other aftermarket parts?

And yeah, most places down here do ghetto jobs, I don't trust these places. They tell you anything to get your money. Some guy at this place, I think it was Blitz, told me not to worry about the negative camber when dropping my car with Eibachs and that an alignment wasn't needed. He even added, "besides, the tires look cool like that." LOL...he was talking about when the tires look like this from the back: / \
</font>
for some reason i think that they do, but call frank in service, hes a really nice and knowlegeable guy. He will help you out or recommend a good shop. I think he is one of the service managers

------------------
------------------
2001 Silver 3.2 CL-P
Old 06-20-2001 | 05:06 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:
go to wheel and tire outlet on us1 and 140 st next to cartronics they did my headers and suspension they are my friends they can get you headers rims........etc ask for ben jr and tell him mike with the blue type s sent u

</font>
thoses guys tried to rip me and my friends off yesterday. Hyper white high beams = $40 there $25 at the alarm place next door. Whatever, also i baught hyper white led s there to put in the light below the front turn signals, first one of the 2 was defective (not there fault) then they gave me another, it was red, then went back they gave me a blue, I was like WTF! Finnally I got 2 hyper whites that worked but last night when i was showing my friend who helped me clear out the lights and one of the 2 leds stoped working. Whatever, ill go back and get some regular hyperwhite bulbs. It kinda ticks me off that $15 for 2 led s and the stop working after about 5 hours. Oh well, you win some you loose some i guess.

------------------
------------------
2001 Silver 3.2 CL-P
Old 06-20-2001 | 05:27 PM
Cruisin'

You have an address??
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black_Pride:

</font>
Old 06-20-2001 | 05:37 PM
magnet

hondtech is ok its in hialeah

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, aem cold air intake,nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc,
INFECTED WITH POST WHORE SYNDROME
Old 06-20-2001 | 07:23 PM
Cruisin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:
hondtech is ok its in hialeah

</font>
thanks for the info . BTW- sorry about the dumbass comment on the cat thing. But it was kinda cruel