Mod now?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 08:59 PM
That's Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod now?

I'm a second year in college. I have the privelege of driving a CL-S. Since joining the board I can't stop thinking about modding my car. First step of course is to get an AEM CAI. My question. Because of the horrible parking situation up at school in LA, I don't even bother bringing the car up with me during the school year. Therefore, my CL-S becomes my mom's CL-S. Question posed:

-Should I throw in the CAI before summer ends and experience the extra thrills offered by the CAI whenever I come home to visit?
-Or should I wait until my 3rd year of school when I move off campus, then proceed to mod the shit out of my car?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
I'm a second year in college. I have the privelege of driving a CL-S. Since joining the board I can't stop thinking about modding my car. First step of course is to get an AEM CAI. My question. Because of the horrible parking situation up at school in LA, I don't even bother bringing the car up with me during the school year. Therefore, my CL-S becomes my mom's CL-S. Question posed:

-Should I throw in the CAI before summer ends and experience the extra thrills offered by the CAI whenever I come home to visit?
-Or should I wait until my 3rd year of school when I move off campus, then proceed to mod the shit out of my car?
Put it in the bank and let the money grow a little. Or better yet put a shit load into a CD for a year and by the time you move off campus, you'll have some decent money to start modding. Besides, the CAI isn't a Kick-in-the-pants type mod. You'll notice the difference but you can live with out it for aanother year.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:31 PM
That's Racist

CD? (, obviously alil' uninformed).
Old 08-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Compact Disc.

Put some money in the jewel case and you'll forget about it. By the time you find it again you'll be ready to mod with some extra cash.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
i say get it now. why not?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:38 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Originally Posted by Chaptorial
Compact Disc.

Put some money in the jewel case and you'll forget about it. By the time you find it again you'll be ready to mod with some extra cash.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:41 PM
That's Racist

Haha. I was thinking literally a CD at first. But I was like... no. It's gotta be some banking term or something of the sort. I'll definitely look into the CD thing. Is there however, something more secure I could use?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:47 PM
That's Racist

I'll definitely consider the CD idea. Isn't there something however more secure? My plastic bag of cash doesn't seem very safe.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
I'll definitely consider the CD idea. Isn't there something however more secure? My plastic bag of cash doesn't seem very safe.

CD means certified deposit. Its the most secure way to get the most out of your money. Check the Money and Investing Thread to learn more about it, but pretty much you can't touch the money, if you do, theres fees. But if you get an ING Cirect CD you can get as much as 4.4% which is very good. Like I said, visit Money & Investing in Ramblings for some more ideas on how to invest it for a year.

I don't know about your mom, but I know mine would complain that its too loud if I put it on and let her drive it for awhile.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:10 PM
drop em like its hot

Compact Disc.

:blaze:
Old 08-31-2004, 10:10 PM
drop em like its hot

if u want the power without the noise go for the CT icebox. it has been said that the icebox performs a little better than the AEM
Old 08-31-2004, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387

CD means certified deposit. Its the most secure way to get the most out of your money. Check the Money and Investing Thread to learn more about it, but pretty much you can't touch the money, if you do, theres fees. But if you get an ING Cirect CD you can get as much as 4.4% which is very good. Like I said, visit Money & Investing in Ramblings for some more ideas on how to invest it for a year.

I don't know about your mom, but I know mine would complain that its too loud if I put it on and let her drive it for awhile.
Damn this is good comin from a 17yr old. LOL I thought no one would of said what a cd actually is...and my mom wouldnt complain about the intake since she would never bring the car into vtec
Old 08-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Linner
Damn this is good comin from a 17yr old. LOL I thought no one would of said what a cd actually is...and my mom wouldnt complain about the intake since she would never bring the car into vtec
CDs, DVDs, I know em all...

Or if your more aggressive, theres investing in mutal funds, still slightly safe, but not garunteed. But you need some moeny to start out with, and more than $200.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
you could do some mutual funds or bonds, if you go with a mutual fund, pick something good like bank of america or citigroup, guaranteed returns... wow how did this thread turn into financial 101
Old 08-31-2004, 11:39 PM
CLanty-eyed

i would pick option 2. save the money up and let it gain a little interest during the year. then you'll have enough money to get much more than a cai later on

seriously lets say you did go buy a cai, and it rains hard while you're away at college. i doubt your mom would avoid puddles like the devil...
Old 08-31-2004, 11:49 PM
something witty

in one year you arent going to make very much interest on what i am assuming is the cost of a cai. maybe enough for the bypass? just wait and see if you want it in the future. you might set your eyes on some spinning 20's or a carbon fiber wing.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:59 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
wait and see. you aren't going to drive it much now anyway so its like spending a car mod for your mom who isnt even going to appreciate or notice the difference. and in a year or so your taste may change and that money can be spent on the new found interest. or if it doesnt change... u'll still be happy to have a new CAI in ur CL. sounds good?
Old 09-01-2004, 02:22 AM
That's Racist

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the input. I bet the money's just gonna go to drinking and karaoke in Korea Town anyway. I'm such a fob.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:47 PM
M to da DZ

Compact Disc.

LOL, let me suggest the new metallica st. anger album, chuck it and use the case, that's all it's good for.

someone's been :blaze: if they recommend a CD to make quick money.