Mettalic Tinted CL headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 01:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Mettalic Tinted CL headlights...

I'm getting my headlights tinted platinum 15%, along with my widows 25%. I want to give it that clean look without taking them apart and clearing them. The light will show through at night, but it will look like a mirror during the day. Might even do the tail lights too. Waddaya think?

ps: I'm photoshopping how it would look soon, I'll post it later.
Old 11-08-2001, 02:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would look good (especially on silver). Smoke colored tint would look good on darker colors. If it doesn't look right, it would be easy enough to remove.

They were recently talking about doing this over on the TL board. They have a few pics there also:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=25199
Old 11-08-2001, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

It looks nice enough, but I still want to do it where I get my tints for the windows. The rear tail lights would come out looking crimson though, I kinda like the bright red look Its got now. I guess I have to think about it for a while before I go ahead and get it done.

If anybody has anymore pics, that would help alot, this would be a great way to individualize, without spending a fortune,

Oh yeah, are ther any other materials I could use that have a different pattern than Gutter Guard, but is still thin enough for my grill. that stuff is cool, but I was hoping for a cirle pattern, can't find it anywhere. Help please
Old 11-08-2001, 12:28 PM
Banned

Hey Ron, did you do the aluminum door sills for the CL??? Just wondering..I think that would look really nice...like the TL guys got.
Old 11-08-2001, 12:51 PM
got kUsToM?

post some pix up after ur done rondog... i think it'll look swt
Old 11-08-2001, 01:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Do they even make door sills for the CL. If so, post a link where they are sold.I would probably get them. There is this site called www.Legend5.com got mad aluminum shit, and these cool diamond cut metal floormats, but I don't know if they would fit. They advertise like crazy, but they are limited in what they carry. Mostly compact car stuff. I think they got sills, but probably not fotr the CL.
As soon as I get the shit done, I'll take photos and post em
Old 11-08-2001, 02:41 PM
Blue Devil

Originally posted by rondog
Do they even make door sills for the CL. If so, post a link where they are sold.I would probably get them. There is this site called www.Legend5.com got mad aluminum shit, and these cool diamond cut metal floormats, but I don't know if they would fit. They advertise like crazy, but they are limited in what they carry. Mostly compact car stuff. I think they got sills, but probably not fotr the CL.
As soon as I get the shit done, I'll take photos and post em
Some of there trim looks good and so do the door sills but I don't know about the diamond cut metal floor mats. Thats just screaming "RedNeck" to me.

<Hillbilly Accent>
"Come on Ma, lets jump in the truck and go check out that new fangled 'Stop Light' thing in town!"
</Hillbilly Accent>
Old 11-08-2001, 02:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by rondog
It looks nice enough, but I still want to do it where I get my tints for the windows. The rear tail lights would come out looking crimson though, I kinda like the bright red look Its got now. I guess I have to think about it for a while before I go ahead and get it done.

If anybody has anymore pics, that would help alot, this would be a great way to individualize, without spending a fortune,

Oh yeah, are ther any other materials I could use that have a different pattern than Gutter Guard, but is still thin enough for my grill. that stuff is cool, but I was hoping for a cirle pattern, can't find it anywhere. Help please
thats not mirror tint on those rears its smoke...
Old 11-08-2001, 03:18 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,195 Likes on 695 Posts
How long do you think that would last since its stuck on the outside of the lights? I bought a roll of 35% smoke and wanted to try and put it on my clear bumper lights since my headlights have the black housings i thought it would match them. What do you think?
Old 11-08-2001, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 1StGenCL
How long do you think that would last since its stuck on the outside of the lights? I bought a roll of 35% smoke and wanted to try and put it on my clear bumper lights since my headlights have the black housings i thought it would match them. What do you think?
I used to have spray tint on my corolla...the cans cost about $5...each one is good for one taillight. The key is to make sure the housing is clean.....and debris free...then you spray....make it even and go over it a few times..then let it dry...and repeat if you want it darker.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Is that stuff remnoveable, I mean is it permanent, and how long does it last? I need to know before I f**k up my tail lights. Oh yeah, can it take the heat of the head lights?
Old 11-08-2001, 04:18 PM
Banned

See I don't know about the heat of the headlights....the tint will stay on permanent if the surface was cleaned correctly...otherwise, it'll peel after a few months....I guess you can remove it with alcohol....
Old 11-08-2001, 06:45 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,195 Likes on 695 Posts
Your headlights shouldnt really get that hot seeing you only have 35 watt bulbs in there. Now the high beams might heat 'em up alittle
Old 11-08-2001, 07:36 PM
Cruisin'

Smoking out taillights

Don't go the way of the spraycan. I had a '96 Firebird that I smoked the taillights. It looked cool for about a month. When the rains came, the smoked lights started to tarnish. I don't know if I did it correctly or not but in the end it looked like sh*t. I tried to remove it but it wouldn't come off. I ended up buying new taillights.