The message I left on the service Managers answering machine just now...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001 | 10:25 PM
Race Director

The message I left on the service Managers answering machine just now...

"Hi James,

My name is Amir safdari, license plate *** ***. I just got back home from Acura of North Toronto for having my rear right speaker replaced. Though the rear right speaker, still does not work. I spoke to you approximately a month ago concerning the extensive list of problems I was having with your service department. I was very pleased that I spoke to you because its seems like with your department, things only get done right when your involved.

Todays experience was by far the most unpleasant, not only did I regret purchasing a car from Acura of North Toronto, but I was so disappointed, that I regret purchasing an Acura all together.

I have been lied to on numerous episodes from your department, and todays was the worst case. Both Sanj Verma, and Bill Winters had told me before I spoke to you that I “NEEDED A NEW REAR SPEAKER” today, they replaced the rear speaker , knowing why I was doing it. Then they told me AFTER replacing it, and realizing it doesn’t work, that they never in fact told me I needed a new rear speaker. This was a STRaight out lie in my face. And Frankly it pissed me off. I have had nothing but hassle with the service department, and today, being lied to really made me furious.

David, a sales, and leasing consultant can confirm, I have been seriously looking forward to trading in my car for the new RSX Type S. Due to these events with your service department, I have decided not only not to purchase a car from your dealership, but not to even go near an Acura at all.

Tomorrow night, Friday the 13th, ..of July, I will sit down and write a STRONGLY worded letter of all the problems I have had, and how it has affected my Acura purchasing experience. I will not hold back like I did with you on the phone about the problems I have had. I have had much more problems with your department then I told you. As a customer that has already purchased 2 NEW cars from the dealership, I am extremely disappointed. And again, this experience has caused me not to own the 3rd Acura, and indeed, as an active member of the whole Internet experience, I will not recommend your department to anybody. And I am looking at designing a Web Site, just to warn people of your department.

I will send a copy of the letter SPECIF LONG letter to you, the Sales Managaer of Acura of north Toronto, Honda Canada, Bill Winters (mechanic), and Night-Service Manager Sanj Verma. I will follow up with Honda about my letter, and I can guarantee you that this issue will not be forgotten, because I feel betrayed being treated like this as a Acura Customer, I have been treated so poorly, that I am taking it as an insult, and have now developed a passion, to see action be taken, and because of this passion for revenge I have developed, I will not let this matter creep away.

I am not asking for a phone call back from you Mr. James Moore, I am just telling you to look out in your mail. If you would like to reach me before I start writing this letter, you can do so at 416-277-9787 and leave me a message, I will be sure to get back, if you decide to call me. "

they seriuosly pissed me off too much, I am gonig to another dealership for the problem, but these guys are going DOWN!

i wanted to write down what i said so i have record, in case this thing gets big...
Old 07-12-2001 | 10:41 PM
Banned

Dude - who pissed in YOUR cheerios this morning?

Seriously though - were they THAT big of a dick to you with a speaker problem? Does a speaker problem REALLY justify blowin your cap at a service manager? (remember - Bose blose!)

If it does, more power to ya. IMHO, I get a bigger rush getting someone to unwittingly do something I want them to - I call it "using the force". You say - "These speakers are bad. You should replace them." They say - "These speakers are bad!!! I'll make sure I replace them!!"

Old 07-12-2001 | 10:42 PM
Burning Brakes

I was thinking the same thing...
Old 07-12-2001 | 10:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by autox-CL-er:
<STRONG>Dude - who pissed in YOUR cheerios this morning?

Seriously though - were they THAT big of a dick to you with a speaker problem? Does a speaker problem REALLY justify blowin your cap at a service manager? (remember - Bose blose!)

If it does, more power to ya. IMHO, I get a bigger rush getting someone to unwittingly do something I want them to - I call it "using the force". You say - "These speakers are bad. You should replace them." They say - "These speakers are bad!!! I'll make sure I replace them!!"

</STRONG>

Sometimes all of the Jedi tricks in the universe just don't help...

I've met some folks, who with a little "Jedi" magic will "turn around" and surprise me

Then, there are others where the use of reverse psychology seems to work

There are hard cases, and so much patience has been used-up, that it gets really hard to be cheery and nice -- in fact some folks only respond to a brutal bashing and some good public humiliation (a number of examples come to mind, and it is not just my encounters). Some people do confuse weakness with kindness!!!

The final solution for pig-heads – a nice long letter with CC to every interested party on the planet. Most people just wont do it, but when they do, it can sometimes work wonders.

Finally, don’t forget that most places record calls and it has caused some serious malcontents to get their butt tossed when a letter got posted to a President with dates, names, and times!

(Oh, I forgot about the BLSH -- Big Lead SledgeHammer...)

WE DESERVE BETTER

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]
Old 07-12-2001 | 10:57 PM
Old timer

"Hello this is Amir Safdari..."
Oh shit, we're gonna get car bombed!

-J
Old 07-12-2001 | 10:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by JRock:
<STRONG>

-J</STRONG>
LOL -- a cherry bomb up the tail pipe!
Old 07-12-2001 | 11:13 PM
Racer

<STRONG>

-J</STRONG>

a wee bit racist....but funny as hell.

Anyway you go Amir!
Old 07-12-2001 | 11:17 PM
Ace rider

Originally posted by autox-CL-er:
<STRONG>Dude - who pissed in YOUR cheerios this morning?

</STRONG>
No man, Amir said this is just one of the problems, he's had TONS of problems in the past with their service department, actuator was one I can remember reading about. After the first one or two problems, I would have switched asap! Amir, you are too patient!

Today I bitched to the service manager about being put on hold about 6 times in the last two days just to schedule a service. So the manager arranged a time (even though he was packed) next Monday and politely listened to my other problems (warped rotors) and gave me a loaner car (which they didn't do the last two times). Now I'm happy!
Old 07-12-2001 | 11:18 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally posted by z28typeSWRXkid:
<STRONG>

a wee bit racist....but funny as hell.

Anyway you go Amir!</STRONG>
racism? whats that :p
Old 07-13-2001 | 12:25 AM
Race Director

yes i have had TONS AND TONS of bad shit from them, and i was gonna switch after they hassled me so much with an actuator, but on the phone they made it sound so simple "its only a speaker, bring it in..no problem.."

oh well, i am gonna go as far as i can with this. I am too pissed, i COULD NOT BELIEVE the mechanic just stood there and LIED to me with that fucking look on his face that he had...
Old 07-13-2001 | 12:29 AM
Race Director

hehe racism..i dont care,

if its funny, i am laughing.
Old 07-13-2001 | 12:32 AM
Old timer

That's because you're the bomber not the recipient.

:p
Old 07-13-2001 | 12:35 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
<STRONG>That's because you're the bomber not the recipient.

:p</STRONG>
Old 07-13-2001 | 01:49 AM
Retired Post Whore

One of our members is really pissed. You go get em. Be very very quiet because its wabbit season.
Old 07-13-2001 | 01:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

i'm glad someone is taking action for service mishaps. i understand that its not the dealers/service's fault that there problems with our cars. but when a problem does arise, the dealer/service dept needs to address that problem. we pay for the service that is done to our cars. but most of the time it seems like people are pushovers and don't complain enough. they pay the dealer's ridiculous prices and sometimes the work is not even complete or it is done incorrectly. that's why a service manager exists. he/she has the job of making sure all the work is done correctly and satisfying the customer. if problems still exist at that level, then further action needs to be taken, as amir has done.
amir, i hope everything goes well and your problems get solved. good luck.
Old 07-13-2001 | 03:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by amirsafdari:
<STRONG>My name is Amir safdari, license plate *** ***.</STRONG>

Just thought that I would point that out

Oh, and you think you have it bad? How do you think they treat Acura owners whose cars are worth less than 10g?
Old 07-13-2001 | 04:04 AM
Race Director

hahaha vince you bastard ..good one..

damn my car looks good
Old 07-13-2001 | 11:26 AM
Advanced

Amir,
I wish you luck in getting some satisfaction out of Acura. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that they take all these 'strongly worded' letters and throw them right in the trash.
I sent them a long letter, detailing the problems with the build quality of my car, and listing a few problems I'd had at the dealer (South Coast Acura, which sucks).
Anyway, that was back in January, and I have not heard one peep out of anyone yet.
If you do put up a website and want more material to add, let me know, I'd be happy to send my letter on to you to post along with whatever you have.
Good luck, man.
Old 07-13-2001 | 11:43 AM
Advanced

Gotta hand it to you...most people just get pissed and find a new dealer. I don't know what your chances are of getting a response from Acura, but maybe it'll scare the service manager that they won't receive the "Acura Precision Team Dealership" distinction or something. I'm sure complaints like yours go into deciding which dealers make the grade, so it'll at least count for something!
Old 07-13-2001 | 12:02 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by crrink:
<STRONG>Amir,
I wish you luck in getting some satisfaction out of Acura. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that they take all these 'strongly worded' letters and throw them right in the trash.
I sent them a long letter, detailing the problems with the build quality of my car, and listing a few problems I'd had at the dealer (South Coast Acura, which sucks).
Anyway, that was back in January, and I have not heard one peep out of anyone yet.
</STRONG>
Exactly, the letter will probably just be passed around the office for laughs and then thrown out.
Old 07-13-2001 | 01:30 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I get my service at the same dealership (Acura of North Toronto)...I didn't get my car from them, but it is close to my house so I get my service done there.

I would have too agree with Amir 100%! These guys stink! They have machined my rotors twice already and refuse to give me new ones and admit there is a problem. I took it in for the sunroof fix, which is still making noise, and since last week when I took it in for oil/tire rotation the engine has running rough and I could swear that they scratched up my rim pretty bad when the rotated the tires (maybe from droping it face up on the floor ) I didn't say anything at the time cuz I was just glad to go home!

Next thursday I am droping it off for a bunch of small problems (some trim, etc.) both my side mirrors (glass) have minor scratches and they claim warrenty doesn't cover the replacement
Old 07-13-2001 | 05:38 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Originally posted by amirsafdari:
<STRONG>hehe racism..i dont care,

if its funny, i am laughing. </STRONG>
That's what I'm talkin about! If you can take a step back and have a good laugh, you are taking life too seriously.

Some of the funniest comedians I have seen are on BET making fun of white people. Oh yea... I'm white... actually 50% Arayan<SP?> by blood. Funny thing is, I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

As the old tagline saying goes, "Don't take life so seriously, its not permanent!"
Old 07-13-2001 | 06:35 PM
Instructor

As long as we're on the topic. Acura SW here in Houston charged me for an air filter change when I have the AEM CAI at my 15K tune up. On one form, the tech crossed off airfilter. But they still charged me for it. I left a messgae for the service guy to call me but nothing. That was over two or three months ago. I've forgotten about it until now.
Old 07-13-2001 | 06:53 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

I picked up my car from Mission Viejo Acura yesterday for tranny problems and the "droopy exhaust". The Service Manager told me "No Problem. Everything is in perfect working order." I say great and go get my car. When I get home, I take a closer look at the exhaust. Wouldn't you know it. One of the tailpipes is significantly lower than the other. If he couldn't see it, he needs glasses. Then while driving around last night, the tranny slipped in 3rd again. It only happened once (not that it is okay), so I'm going to take it back in with a less light hearted attitude and give them one more chance to do it right. If it gets screwed up again (and I have a feeling it might), I'll be writing a similar letter to claim what is rightfully mine (a $30K car with a working transmission and mufflers that hang evenly).
Old 07-13-2001 | 07:12 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by SidVicious:
<STRONG>I picked up my car from Mission Viejo Acura yesterday for tranny problems and the "droopy exhaust". The Service Manager told me "No Problem. Everything is in perfect working order." I say great and go get my car. When I get home, I take a closer look at the exhaust. Wouldn't you know it. One of the tailpipes is significantly lower than the other. If he couldn't see it, he needs glasses. Then while driving around last night, the tranny slipped in 3rd again. It only happened once (not that it is okay), so I'm going to take it back in with a less light hearted attitude and give them one more chance to do it right. If it gets screwed up again (and I have a feeling it might), I'll be writing a similar letter to claim what is rightfully mine (a $30K car with a working transmission and mufflers that hang evenly).</STRONG>
Yeah, simply changing the shifting solenoid didn't work on my car either, but luckily they realized this before giving me the car.