me vs. magnum RT

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you kidding?

Originally Posted by RUF87
Ah, another inexperience noob . . . thinks all you need to have is more power and you automatically win . . . I guess we can eliminate all sorts of motor sports events and just compare trade rag stories or dyno charts

Ruf

That's *exactly* what you need in a straight line. The CL and the Magnum are not that different in weight (300 pounds equals roughly -30 horsepower, or 3 tenths of a second) and since it has 80 horsepower advantage, it still has a bonus of 50+ hp. Plus, it probalby has a better power band, since it starts making torque/hp a lot sooner out of the hemi than the CL motor.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Racer

huh?

Agree, but there's more than HP and TQ to determining who will win . . . tires, suspension, weight, tranny, gearing, overall powerband, mods that help vs one that hurt . . . weather as some are effected by it more than others . . why do you think even among the exact same model you can have a much as a full second variance?

So yes, while on paper the Mangnum has more power and has been tested as being faster . . . but just barely . . . .5 secs in too close to guarantee a race . . . somethings I've proven even on a controlled drag strip.

Ruf

If you have two of the exact same cars from the factory, and there is a full second variance with the same driver, one of them is broken.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by numbaonestunna
If you have two of the exact same cars from the factory, and there is a full second variance with the same driver, one of them is broken.
Look if you don't understand that, that's fine . . . some of us have more experience at this and can help you understand . . .

otherwise I'm done wasting my time here with novices who think all it takes is HP . . . I used to be an auto mechanic by trade and built my own engines . . . I've been racing for almost 30 yrs . . . I've seen the details on production line variations and have seen the variations on hi performance cars . . . similar result from one car to the next . . . from trade rag to trade rag . . . does not exist . . . there are WAY TOO MANY VARIABLES . . .

In the meantime . . . I'll think of you every time I beat a faster car . . . it may be faster, but the other guy has to know how to drive it.

Ruf
Old 04-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by numbaonestunna
That's *exactly* what you need in a straight line. The CL and the Magnum are not that different in weight (300 pounds equals roughly -30 horsepower, or 3 tenths of a second) and since it has 80 horsepower advantage, it still has a bonus of 50+ hp. Plus, it probalby has a better power band, since it starts making torque/hp a lot sooner out of the hemi than the CL motor.
I guess that fact fell flat on its face in my race . . . I should have paid attention to that fact and not even bother racing him . . .

Ruf
Old 04-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Racer

damn...

I guess that fact fell flat on its face in my race . . . I should have paid attention to that fact and not even bother racing him . . .

Ruf
Well thanks for explaining to my "noob ass" exactly how racing works. You have no idea what *I* do for a living, or what I know as far as racing is concerned. Obviously gearing, tire, rotational inertia, power band, launch techniques, traction, induction, and a whole bunch of other features come into play in a race... but let me restate it for you, since *you* don't seem to get it.

All of the above are parameters in winning a straight line race, but in the case of your hemi versus the CL, the CL doesn't have enough going in the other categories to make up for the fact that it comes up short in power. MattG's is the fastest NA CL there is on this board, and he didn't beat the I/E Mag... so that's the end of the story. He ran him more than once, so that helps to take out "driver error", since you imagine that no one of the runs, he might have figured out how to launch/shift properly.

And if you don't believe that power wins straight line races, I'm happy to run you in my ride. Go ahead and change out all of the other factors on your car. Unless you lose 1000 pounds in your car, I don't care what combination of sticky tires, gearing, launch technique etc you bring to the table... without increasing the power of your car, you're going to LOSE.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Honda should sell it!

damn,didnt know the hemi is that strong on the highway.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:38 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mattg

bottom line. nobody has a faster n/a J32 auto than i do. if someone thinks they do, feel free to prove me wrong.
i'm less than half a tenth behind ya matt

i'm going to the track tommorw, gonna be 60 deg, went 14.31@99.4 last week in 80 deg weather

looking for a 14.1x tommorw
Old 04-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
bottom line. nobody has a faster n/a J32 auto than i do. if someone thinks they do, feel free to prove me wrong.

i thnk now u should get a new car (AUTO) since ur so pround of it

and dont u feel lonely being #1 automatic? haha jk
Old 04-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
if my car ever gets stolen and stripped, i'll replace it.

and what is pround?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
if my car ever gets stolen and stripped, i'll replace it.

and what is pround?

Proud... damn u know what i meant!!!!