Is it me or has this board got alot more immature?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:28 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it me or has this board got alot more immature?

When i signed up to this board , before it was even acurazine in 2000 the people where ALOT more friendlier. No one put anyone down for asking simple questions, or made fun of anyone. Now it seems that the car got alot cheaper and alot more trashy people are able to afford it. The search function does not always work so people might post something twice, who cares? If you don't know the answer then dont answer!

Im not tring to be a D1@k, but alot of people on the board seem to be immature. Some people have more car knowlege then other it does not mean you have to put them down cuz you know more.

Im not tring to start anything just saying to try to be a little cooler
Old 02-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rightly said, Friend! Everyone should be respectful, except to Civic and Eclipse owners! Seriously.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by StonedCL
When i signed up to this board , before it was even acurazine in 2000 the people where ALOT more friendlier. No one put anyone down for asking simple questions, or made fun of anyone. Now it seems that the car got alot cheaper and alot more trashy people are able to afford it. The search function does not always work so people might post something twice, who cares? If you don't know the answer then dont answer!

Im not tring to be a D1@k, but alot of people on the board seem to be immature. Some people have more car knowlege then other it does not mean you have to put them down cuz you know more.

Im not tring to start anything just saying to try to be a little cooler
Old 02-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
this will always happen once a car gets old and discontinued
Old 02-13-2009, 10:10 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No one put anyone down for asking simple questions, or made fun of anyone. Now it seems that the car got alot cheaper and alot more trashy people are able to afford it. The search function does not always work so people might post something twice, who cares? If you don't know the answer then dont answer!

This is the unfortunate product of the difference between the demographic of people in cars valued at 30K+ and people in cars valued at less than 12K.

However, the seach function does work, most of the time. It makes me sick when I see a; what mods can I bolt on to go faster, what is the best intake, what are headers, my steering wheel shakes when I hit the brakes at 60mph....Thread. I still have a good time though.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
P.

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yea i encountered this kind, also some of the advice given is little to no knowlege I guess you jus have to trust certain members.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Racer

there should actually be a space between a lot, idiot. It's not one word. FYI.

I agree with your post 100%. There's always going to be someone who is new to the forum thing, and new to working on cars as well, if it bothers you SOOOO much, then don't post in their thread.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Not a doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like they were talking about in that other thread, the demographic of active users in this part of the forum has definitely changed over the years. but i have to agree with your original post, man.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Who cares, use the forum for your own gain, and try to help others if you have the knowledge... Ignore the ignorant noobs and haters.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by ljmushock
Who cares, use the forum for your own gain, and try to help others if you have the knowledge... Ignore the ignorant noobs and haters.
sounds about right.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by ljmushock
to the Crying about it wont help any.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:07 PM
'03 ABP YA4-S 6MT

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
let me help you out since you don't get it.

respect is earned, not given. that's why noobs don't get respect anywhere, no matter where you look. they ask simple questions that have almost always already been asked, and can be solved with a simple 2 click search.

and that is also why you don't get any. you have over 2000 posts and your latest threads include "will my springs wear out" (hmm.. i wonder.. something that is beat on every day... will it wear out?? ) and "do these buttons light up" (oh.. acura must not have wanted these buttons to light up cause they never want you to use them)

maybe people don't respect me either, but look at the people who are. CleanCL, LIPPSTUH, BigLizard, brianlin, fuzzy02CLS, just to name a few. they contribute to the community, have new ideas, and best of all, they ignore the noobs like you.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think it has more to do with age, rather than income. Cheaper the car the more teenagers start buying it. Just because someone can not afford, or chooses not to spend $45K on a car does not make them trashy.

That is the exact kind of ignorance your are are trying to talking about!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Originally Posted by rp_guy

respect is earned, not given. that's why noobs don't get respect anywhere, no matter where you look. they ask simple questions that have almost always already been asked, and can be solved with a simple 2 click search.

and that is also why you don't get any. you have over 2000 posts and your latest threads include "will my springs wear out" (hmm.. i wonder.. something that is beat on every day... will it wear out?? ) and "do these buttons light up" (oh.. acura must not have wanted these buttons to light up cause they never want you to use them)

maybe people don't respect me either, but look at the people who are. CleanCL, LIPPSTUH, BigLizard, brianlin, fuzzy02CLS, just to name a few. they contribute to the community, have new ideas, and best of all, they ignore the noobs like you.
First off Springs are not considered a wear and tear item, springs will last the life of the car, Shocks will go bad and ARE a wear and tear item.
I do not need your respect , Like I said when i bought my car in 2000 I met up with many from the board in nj/ny area and I was more then cool with all of them! I use this board for information IF you look I just started posting alot again cuz my job in sales is slow and i am slow at work, So to save money instead of buying a new car i just started doing some preventative maintence on my car and need questions answered.

So when you wanna talk about Noobe's like I said i been part of this board since day 1 march 2000 then they changed formats so I been heer since day one. Im in sales but am good with my hands so want to do maintence by myself so i ask questions. Sorry for asking questions.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
B A N N E D

If you think I'm a noobe just look at the join date under our names..
Noone in this post has been part of this board as long as I was here, Like I said that date in 2001 is when the system transfered over it used to be acura-cl.com or something like that so when acurazine merged I had to join again.

Granted it took me 8 years to post 2000 times but my life involes more then my car and a computer!

The only reason I post is cuz im a DIY type of guy and have access to a shop and the techs are friends of mine, So i like to double check anything before doing it. My pops always said make sure you do it right the first time so you dont have to do it again, and i learned alot from here, like recently changeing tranny fluid 3 x3 flush and cabin air filter. I also changed some bushings and tranny mounts from the info I obtained here. My front end is still making some noise so i want to change the shocks now and keep the stock springs ( I just want to know if anyone had that set up with the blue's and stock springs)

So I am sorry if some of you guys get abused and ridiculed in the REAL WORLD , that does not give you the right to abuse anyone on a message board!

This is not to everyone just a certain few!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
i was very noob-ish when i joined and even for the first few hundred posts but as you learn more and more from the forum, then you start to mature and now i'm one of the guys answering the noob questions. Its the circle of noobs i guess.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rp_guy

So just because someone is new here they dont deserve respect? Thats BS! If they act or say things in a way that shows you that they dont reserve it THEN, AND ONLY THEN, dont give it to them.

They ask things because they dont know the answer and dont know if its been answered because ummmm they're new! If you can answer it good, do it. Now i'll admit some of the questions are obvious but who cares.

Just because he has over 2,000 posts doesn't mean he has covered every topic or that he's a know-it-all or an expert on CL's and how they work. Furthermore, if you dont like his posts or you think that they are "stupid", dont read/answer them.

Everyone contributes to the site, some more than others but in the end everyone has ideas or info. You're the one that sounds like a "noob"

And go ahead call me a noob too. I've only been here 6 months so go ahead im part of the so-called noobs

MY

Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
I think it has more to do with age, rather than income. Cheaper the car the more teenagers start buying it. Just because someone can not afford, or chooses not to spend $45K on a car does not make them trashy.

That is the exact kind of ignorance your are are trying to talking about!

Last edited by AnthraciteBeast; 02-13-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, it's all downhill from here...

I started noticing it a while ago...
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Pro

aww man, I was gonna post sumthn but then I read this thread, thought about what I was gonna post and then decided it would fall under "immature"
Old 02-13-2009, 05:50 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthraciteBeast
They ask things because they dont know the answer and dont know if its been answered because ummmm they're new! If you can answer it good, do it. Now i'll admit some of the questions are obvious but who cares.
If a new member is creating a NEW THREAD asking a question he doesn't know if it has been asked before, I can assure you, the answer can probably be found through a simple search. 99% of the new threads created in this sub-forum have been discussed. I can almost assure whatever the question is, it has been answered before, and discussed in great detail. The reason "noobs" are feeling "disrespected" is because people who have been on the forum for some time reply with one-word responses, like "search" or "yes" or "no".

I agree with your notion about respect, but for the same question about "will these wheels work, will these springs fit, do I need a camber kit" popping up once a day, these threads are equivalent to spam and get in the way of someone actually trying to perform a real search.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
It's primarily due to the car being cheaper due to age and being discontinued. Kids being either able to afford them and/or fit within the parents budget to purchase them as a first car.

And maybe not all young people are immature (McFarlen or whatever SN Brett uses is a prime example) but easily 90% of those under 20-22 would cause a lot of grief. I specifically recall going to various meets in Jersey where we have been kicked or almost kicked (Those who have gone to the Fort Lee meets) out due to younger members on these boards.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Unregistered user

Originally Posted by brianlin87
If a new member is creating a NEW THREAD asking a question he doesn't know if it has been asked before, I can assure you, the answer can probably be found through a simple search. 99% of the new threads created in this sub-forum have been discussed. I can almost assure whatever the question is, it has been answered before, and discussed in great detail. The reason "noobs" are feeling "disrespected" is because people who have been on the forum for some time reply with one-word responses, like "search" or "yes" or "no".

I agree with your notion about respect, but for the same question about "will these wheels work, will these springs fit, do I need a camber kit" popping up once a day, these threads are equivalent to spam and get in the way of someone actually trying to perform a real search.
i'm sure people who are new to the "forum world" don't know that they should search.

but yes demographics has changed and i'm part of it.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Seton Hall Pirate

one thing i know is this board used to be filled with ny/nj area guys but now hardly any of them even come on here. even less people post pics or anything. most just occasionally surf the black market. when i ask why, its always the same answer " people on AZ are ignorant", and "people on AZ hate on EVERYTHING thats not 10000% JDM in every way".
Old 02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Not a doctor

Originally Posted by notorious7182002
when i ask why, its always the same answer " people on AZ are ignorant", and "people on AZ hate on EVERYTHING thats not 10000% JDM in every way".
i love my CL and it was made in Ohio
Old 02-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=notorious7182002;10520659]one thing i know is this board used to be filled with ny/nj area guys but now hardly any of them even come on here. even less people post pics or anything. most just occasionally surf the black market. when i ask why, its always the same answer " people on AZ are ignorant", and "people on AZ hate on EVERYTHING thats not 10000% JDM in every way".[QUOTE]

Agreed 100%

Hence ignorance!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

I see what you're trying to say but im talking about people that have never been on forums (like lipptsuh said), what can you expect

Originally Posted by RYANGP
i love my CL and it was made in Ohio
Ohio is . JDM.....on a US built car?

Last edited by AnthraciteBeast; 02-13-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Yep, it's all downhill from here...

I started noticing it a while ago...
I know I'm posting and spending less and less time around here.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Racer

May be a matter of immaturity or being too 'seasoned'. The immature perspectives might come from those who didn't have the opportunity to develop the patience/tolerance that comes from having to work for their car, or pay rent or mortgage etc. The seasoned folk who bought their own cars are probably just tired and pissed for having to work so hard to even have an older car such as ours. So sometimes folk get short when they think a question is below them. What is surprising is that these same folk often are the ones taking the time to make a derisive reply. I figure if it bugs y'all so much step the F#$@ on. What really bugs me is that some people are so damn rude when anonymous on the net and chicken shit in person.
Me, I'm pretty much even keel as I ask a lot of dumb questions and am at times a short tempered SOB, too...but I try to check myself so as not to be too Noob or Dick.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by monkeybutt
May be a matter of immaturity or being too 'seasoned'. The immature perspectives might come from those who didn't have the opportunity to develop the patience/tolerance that comes from having to work for their car, or pay rent or mortgage etc. The seasoned folk who bought their own cars are probably just tired and pissed for having to work so hard to even have an older car such as ours. So sometimes folk get short when they think a question is below them. What is surprising is that these same folk often are the ones taking the time to make a derisive reply. I figure if it bugs y'all so much step the F#$@ on. What really bugs me is that some people are so damn rude when anonymous on the net and chicken shit in person.
Me, I'm pretty much even keel as I ask a lot of dumb questions and am at times a short tempered SOB, too...but I try to check myself so as not to be too Noob or Dick.
I just have 1 question.

?????
Old 02-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Clemson Tiger

Gotta say, not all teens are ignorant. Just look at Lippstuh and ryangp.

Problem isn't always low income people being able to afford it, but also people who buy cars that they don't know what to do with
Old 02-14-2009, 02:21 AM
dont be mad

this should be in the "ramblings" section.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
way I see it, if it bothers them so much, why log on? I dont care if someone is being immature, rude, ignorant, stupid, whatever. If it bothers me, I'm a grown ass man, I know how to ignore and not let it bother me.

If it bothers you OP then STAY AWAY. Easy as that.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:14 AM
B A N N E D

Also when it comes to someone repeating a questions or topic that has been cover years ago why not just give your insight instead of just saying "Search" and ripping the guy a new one?
Yes some of the topics where covered many times but there is new members joining everyday and most of them have not seen the topic and maybee one of those newbee's would contibute something that has not been contributed before, so who cares if someone repeats a question.
Those people who post one word answers are the people that think they are cool cuz they have 1 million posts. Having a sh()Tload of post makes me wonder if you have a social life not that you know it all!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Pro

^ look at that even a 8 year old knows best. hahaha jk bro. but yeah its gotten worse. was over in the tl section now here in the cl.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Those people who post one word answers are the people that think they are cool cuz they have 1 million posts. Having a sh()Tload of post makes me wonder if you have a social life not that you know it all!
Interesting statement........
Old 02-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Racer

If you've spent enough of your time "over the years" to notice a possible degredation of quality in others' questions and posts here, I ask how much time you are spending on these forums.
This is ACURAZINE, which is an online community. Don't communities exist to foster a certain degree of respect towards those with common interests?
I've seen those that tell new members to "search" for an answer many times. If I see a question posted that I might know the answer, then I will reply. There have been plenty of folks here that have helped me in the past.
As for you other douches, quit bitching- it's amazing that this forum is so important to some that they have to complain about others' inexperience here, as if it's tainting their own special corner of the 'net. Either way, if you want to fire back at my opinion-I'd love to meet you in public, as I do not hide behind anonymous user names on the internet.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bhurlbut
If you've spent enough of your time "over the years" to notice a possible degredation of quality in others' questions and posts here, I ask how much time you are spending on these forums.
This is ACURAZINE, which is an online community. Don't communities exist to foster a certain degree of respect towards those with common interests?
I've seen those that tell new members to "search" for an answer many times. If I see a question posted that I might know the answer, then I will reply. There have been plenty of folks here that have helped me in the past.
As for you other douches, quit bitching- it's amazing that this forum is so important to some that they have to complain about others' inexperience here, as if it's tainting their own special corner of the 'net. Either way, if you want to fire back at my opinion-I'd love to meet you in public, as I do not hide behind anonymous user names on the internet.
Well said. Seems like the world's going to pot, but it would be nice if we could tolerate and support our common interest based community.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:24 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
This thread is the funnies.

Originally Posted by bhurlbut
This is ACURAZINE, which is an online community. Don't communities exist to foster a certain degree of respect towards those with common interests?I've seen those that tell new members to "search" for an answer many times. If I see a question posted that I might know the answer, then I will reply. There have been plenty of folks here that have helped me in the past.
Yes, they do. However, post 20 pertains to what you were getting at. I quoted and put it in bold for you so you don't have to go back to page 1.

Also, just because someone has never been on a forum, doesn't give them an excuse for not searching/making threads that have been beat into the ground. When you FIRST sign up and go to the CL section, theres two big ass stickies saying Read me, 2nd gen info, etc.

Last edited by nbennettksu; 02-14-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Everyone let it all out ........... So that we can begin the healing process :gheyhug:
Old 02-14-2009, 08:32 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
:gheyhug:

I <3 U AnthBeast

Quick Reply: Is it me or has this board got alot more immature?