los gatos acura

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
los gatos acura

hey guys i am going in soon for some serive done to my tls.
i just wanted to know from those who have gotten a loaner the following questions.

1.are they stingy about loaners? will they give a loaner even when your car is being serviced for 1 day?

2.what kind of loaners do they give out?

3.what is the age you have to be to get a loaner>?

4.do you need to let them know ahead of time if you need a loaner?

thanks
Old 01-04-2004, 10:17 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: los gatos acura

Originally posted by asloudasitgets
hey guys i am going in soon for some serive done to my tls.
i just wanted to know from those who have gotten a loaner the following questions.

1.are they stingy about loaners? will they give a loaner even when your car is being serviced for 1 day?

2.what kind of loaners do they give out?

3.what is the age you have to be to get a loaner>?

4.do you need to let them know ahead of time if you need a loaner?

thanks
I've commented on them before... please be warned...

Go to ACURA-CL.COM Forums > GENERAL > Car Talk > los gatos service department

BTW- Pleasanton Acura has provided me with the following loaners; a TSX (1500 miles on it) and an '04 TL (less than 100 miles on it). I also could have requested an MDX. You need to get these reserved ahead of time.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

damn, the reason i went to los gatos is cause i only heard good things about them.

and that stevens creek acura is the scum of the earth.

is there anyone eles that have a bad experience with them?
Old 01-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Instructor

I've dealt with LG Acura since 2001. They provide excellent customer service and are extremely friendly. Ask for either Bill Plouffe or Jim France. Never had any problems with treatment or quality of work done at their facility (their body shop is also top-notch). How much do I believe in them? I drive all the way from Monterey for their service. There is an Acura dealer in Monterey, but they are full of stuck up and rude MFs. I'd rather drive 75 miles for great service and treatment instead of 5 miles for crap.

And those fools in Monterey don't even know what "Comptech" is! If you speak to Bill Plouffe about Comptech, he'll tell you how proud he is of his '03 Antracite 6sp CL-S. Bill isn't a young guy, mind you! Looks like he's in his mid-50s. Last he told me, he installed headers (but is planning to add exhaust and SC). He even let me test drive his CL-S while my 6sp was in for service! Is that trust or what?

As for loaners, it's always a 1st come 1st served thing. They mostly have TSXs. They also have a pair of white TSXs and a pair of 2-door Integras. Don't know if they still have their 1 silver TL (2nd gen) and 1 MDX.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Instructor

P.S. Don't know about the age limit. Most likely is 25+. As for 1-day use, if an Acura car isn't available, they'll set you up with Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Balla on a Budget

Originally posted by Roleez
I've dealt with LG Acura since 2001. They provide excellent customer service and are extremely friendly. Ask for either Bill Plouffe or Jim France. Never had any problems with treatment or quality of work done at their facility (their body shop is also top-notch). How much do I believe in them? I drive all the way from Monterey for their service. There is an Acura dealer in Monterey, but they are full of stuck up and rude MFs. I'd rather drive 75 miles for great service and treatment instead of 5 miles for crap.

And those fools in Monterey don't even know what "Comptech" is! If you speak to Bill Plouffe about Comptech, he'll tell you how proud he is of his '03 Antracite 6sp CL-S. Bill isn't a young guy, mind you! Looks like he's in his mid-50s. Last he told me, he installed headers (but is planning to add exhaust and SC). He even let me test drive his CL-S while my 6sp was in for service! Is that trust or what?

As for loaners, it's always a 1st come 1st served thing. They mostly have TSXs. They also have a pair of white TSXs and a pair of 2-door Integras. Don't know if they still have their 1 silver TL (2nd gen) and 1 MDX.
LG Acura is AWESOME, Jim and Bill help me mostly. They never have rentals when i go in, so i always need to get a car from Enterprise which they cover of course.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:03 PM
boosted is best

Originally posted by Roleez

Bill Plouffe was the service writer who attempted to deceive me about the poor paint job that Los Gatos Acura Paintshop did. I was very unimpressed with him and didn't feel he could be trusted to follow up on making sure everything was done correctly during my '01 CLS services. But that was a couple of years ago so maybe he's cleaned up his act.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:38 PM
10th Gear

Go to Pleasanton Acura.

I went there for my first oil change. The wife and I drove out and were planning on going to the mall afterward. They offered me a loaner or a ride to the mall while we waited. We ended up drinking some of their sodas and stuff and waited at the dealer instead. It wasn't a busy, although it was Saturday, but they took time to talk with us and I asked every question under the sun about Comptech. They almost convinced my wife to put headers on. We'll see....

good luck with Los Gatos...
Old 01-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Pleasanton Acura gets my business ! Ask for Brent, the Service Manager.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Instructor

I take my car down to Steven Creek Acura and I deal with a guy named Rodney Jaurez, he is pretty chill and laways hooks me up real well...
Old 01-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

are you fucking kidding me! rodney that dumb fuck. hes the fuck who pissed me off and didnt listen to a word of what my problem was and told me to come back 4 days later so he can tell me my problem is normal. Big dip shit, he can kiss my fucking ass.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Instructor

then where do you reccomend people to?
Old 01-06-2004, 02:02 AM
boosted is best

I've been at Sunnyvale and Los Gatos Acura and have bad luck with both of them on numerous occasions with my previous '01 CLS.

However, after 3 services on my '03 CLS 6sp at Pleasanton Acura which included buying the car from them and installation of CT springs/sways/intake/headers/b-pipe/exhaust and konis, they have been nearly perfect in workmanship and fixing warranty items. And they provided me with TSX and '04 TL loaners. I could have had an MDX loaner.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by shmookles
then where do you reccomend people to?

i dont have any places i could reccomend to people. Stevens creek is total shit!

now im trying los gatos acura if they are shit i will try sunnyvale acura, then pleasaton acura.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Instructor

in my opinion sunnyvale is worse then stevens creek
Old 01-07-2004, 03:29 AM
aqj
Who ya gonna call?

I asked this same question a few months ago and was worried because of the horror story posted by cls6sp03.

I decided to give them a chance and have had nothing but good experiences from them. They dop give loaners, I have always gotten the rent a car. I don't know there is an age limit for loaners. I would just call them and ask. Enjterprise usually charges more, but Acura may eat that cost if they can't get you one of their own cars

And they do give loaners if they plan on keeping the car for a while (more than a few hours). You don't need to let them know ahead of time if you need a loaner, just make sure that the work you are having done qualifies you for one.

So don't worry about going to LG, they guys there are helpful. I have always run into Glen at the service desk when I take my car in.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

has anyone gotten a stick shift for a loaner before?

i want a stick.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Banned

You wont get a stick because they only use loaners that everyone can drive
Old 01-07-2004, 10:46 PM
aqj
Who ya gonna call?

Originally posted by asloudasitgets
has anyone gotten a stick shift for a loaner before?

i want a stick.

Dude, it's just a loaner.