Long Story Guys But I Need Help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 08:04 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Story Guys But I Need Help.

well, just want to tell everyone who is interested about a little something that happened to me last week and has been going on for over three weeks.
my tranny went out for the second time. i had just hit 50,500 on my odometer and noticed that the car was starting to jerk a bit when shifting from 2nd to 3rd. i called marin acura and also notified acura customer relations about my concerns. their recommendations? take it to the dealership for further assistance. so the following friday, i had my sister drop off the car ("you've exceeded 50k the towing will not be free") and to pick me up a loaner rsx.
so far so good...
i waited exactly a week and still received no updates from anyone. so later that evening around 5pm i decided to give them a call. I spoke with danny roque, the service adivsor.
"aye danny, so what's going on with my car?" i asked him.
"uhh... we couldnt duplicate the problem."
this is where things got bad. after a long talk, we agreed that i would come in and drive the vehicle until it basically broke, all because the techs were too busy with other cars.
--------------------------------------------------------------> to make a long story short, it took a total of two weeks to replace the tranny and to wash my car "out of good will (bs!!!)." but this is where things got bad. i noticed a pretty big dent on the right rear quarter panel and a scratch that ran from one end to the other end of the trunk lid. WTF!?!??! i thought. i looked over the rest of the car and noticed other dents that were'nt previously there. i told dean, the service manager of the small dents and the long scratch that i found. His initial response was, "we'll take care of it." so he took my car back to into the shop to buff out the scratch but said the dents would have to be done at a later time by dent pro. as i waited and waited (atleast 30 minutes), i asked dean how this could've happened. his response/excuse...???

A. "your car was dirty coming in maybe you just didnt notice it."
B. "your car has over 50k on it and it's been out there for over a year. things like this happens all the time and owners arent aware of all the dings they get."
C. "we're a close family here at marin acura. if anyone of my technicians were to damage a customer's car by accident, they would notify me first."
D. all of the above

guess what, he tried using all three of these sorry excuses against me and then told me they were only gonna fix the big one after his boss, chad hawkins, wouldnt approve of fixing dents on an old car.
--------------------------------------------------> and again to make a long story short, i got dean (after a long argument in which he submitted) to put in writing that they would fix all three dents. i drove my car home that night since he denied me a loaner but its been almost a week now and i still havent received a call. what should i do? i threatened dean about calling the BBB but he shrugged it off with a "like your one pitiful opinion is going to do anything" attitude. i havent called customer relations back yet cause i dont know what to say or know what i want done to my car. should i take it to a local bodyshop and ask dean to cover it? they're taking so long and seem to not care about this situation. what to do? what to do?

...sorry if it's difficult to understand what i wrote. it's 6:05am and i havent got a wink of sleep.
Old 10-13-2002, 08:19 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
damn...

what ever yo do you have to remain calm (i've always lost my temper and it does not work!!) and use the BBB if you have to and definaltely keep the pressure on him. I would talk to the manager if nothing happens with this guy and DEFINATELY call acura customer service!! Sorry man
Old 10-14-2002, 01:49 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn that's crazy bro! All I can say is go to another dealer! I have one that has been extremely cool, but it's kinda far from you. If your interested, PM me and I will tell you the serivice rep to speak with.