Lexus did it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus did it!

Yesterday I went to the Lexus dealership where I bought my car at and told them about the braking problems. They took a look at the Acura TSB and they cut all 4 rotors, tried it out and weren't satisfied, so they resfurfaced them all again. On top of that, the sales manager gave me 3 gift certificates to a restaurant for having to wait that long for them to do it twice.

They did leave the stock brake pads on, so which pads should I get for the stock rotors?

To my understanding, the stock rotors aren't bad, it's just the pads, correct? What are the best pads to go along with the STOCK rotors?

Anyway, the braking is much better right now. Thank you Lexus! The local Acura dealer wouldn't touch the rotors for free. I didn't even have to fill out or sign any forms at Lexus.

Now, which pads should I get?
Old 07-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow amazing. My mom's car lease is coming up and after loyalty to honda/acura i'm actually considering recommending she pick up a used es300. seems lexus cust service rocks
Old 07-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Zapata
wow amazing. My mom's car lease is coming up and after loyalty to honda/acura i'm actually considering recommending she pick up a used es300. seems lexus cust service rocks
Their service department sells cars because people want great service...and Lexus delivers..I had a friend buy a 2nd Lexus mainly because the service department staff were so very nice to deal with...he already had a LS 400 and he bought a matching SC 400!!...
Old 07-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Beware of leakage

The problem is the ROTORS not the PADS.
Good to see the Lexus :wtf: dealer hooked you up. If your still under the 4yr/50k miles warranty why did you not go to the Acura dealer ?
Old 07-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Did they put new brake bads on after resurfacing the rotors? new pads are a requirement after resurfacing rotor's otherwise your rotor's may get uneven wear due to the used pads.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:26 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Still sucks that a competitor did the work instead of Acura! That is sum buuuuuuuuuuullshit. Good for Lexus
Old 07-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Ask them if Lexus could 'sub-contract' ALL Acura services... - they'd easily double their service $$ 'intake' .. Until they come out with an is300 v8, most of Toyota's products are quickly becoming the attraction of a Buick crowd ... They lack performance, excitement and exhilaration that Honda's motors deliver. With the kill-off of Celica & MR2 [which sucked last few model years to begin with] they completely obliterated the 'more spirited' folks as ourselves... Sure their bet is on Scion.. yet nothing too exhilarating from them thus far... Toyota... [yawn yawn] what [used to be] a feeling ...
Old 07-25-2004, 02:42 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Originally Posted by patek007
Ask them if Lexus could 'sub-contract' ALL Acura services... - they'd easily double their service $$ 'intake' .. Until they come out with an is300 v8, most of Toyota's products are quickly becoming the attraction of a Buick crowd ... They lack performance, excitement and exhilaration that Honda's motors deliver. With the kill-off of Celica & MR2 [which sucked last few model years to begin with] they completely obliterated the 'more spirited' folks as ourselves... Sure their bet is on Scion.. yet nothing too exhilarating from them thus far... Toyota... [yawn yawn] what [used to be] a feeling ...
Yea, Lexus will really subcontract Acura vehicles. They only did it because that's where he bought the car from and he brought along the TSB. He can and should be able to go to any Acura dealer and get his car serviced just the same. Where is your info that Toyota's products are becoming the attraction of a Buick crowd? Toyota has and is always coming out w/ quality products w/ new models and redesigns. At least they have enough balls to come out w/ a v8 instead of Honda trying to pack as much as they can into a v6. And they aren't just betting on Scion, they're just adding to their aresenal. I may be speaking too highly of Toyota but lately I've been examining build quality vs Honda. Yes Honda makes good engines but so does Toyota (ala Supra). You should have added "IMO" in our statement.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Instructor

TypeS boi - all of our threads here are always implied IMO .. I owned an 5 speed 85 celica - the thing was fun & indestructible literally. Supra...? what Supra ? How about Mark IV from 1969 ? Same difference - they are GONE.. let's talk about what they have... NOW.. and their lineup... sucks.. if you pardon my french... back me up on this... i.e. let me know what 'excites' you about them... aside from reliability of course...
Old 07-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The GS's aren't bad. I perticularly think a Black GS 430 looks ver sex and with a few mods can be even more so. Plus its a V-8 and RWD and the new ones will also have an option of AWD.

Thats pretty cool Lexus did that for you. They have some of the best Customer Sevice around. When my dad had a G3 300, the one or two times it actually went in for service they treated us very well. This is one of Acura's major short commings is their shitty service from too many dealers were its rarer to find such bad service from a lexus dealer.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:14 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Seriously, reliability does excite me. Yes I'm serious. Because if I know that a car is reliable and sturdy enough to mod or whatever then I'm all for it. I can't get excited about my CL cuz I have no idea when this thing is gonna go bye bye. Ok, so no Supra right now but I was just talking about the motor itself. Well..IMO their lineup doesn't suck cuz they are still #1 in sales and what is honda now 2 or 3? I'm excited to see what Toyota and honda have to offer in the next couple of years and hopefully tehy bring back the Supra. Besides the Scion tc I have been looking at, I've also been checking out the IS, may not have the power of the CL but its a reliable car w/ RWD, something I've been wanting lately.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chopper
Good to see the Lexus :wtf: dealer hooked you up. If your still under the 4yr/50k miles warranty why did you not go to the Acura dealer ?
He posted in another thread that he bought the car used from a Lexus dealer and then paid $1300 or so for an extended warranty/service contract with the dealer.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice to see you got that taken car of. Too bad you had to get it done at a Lexus dealer.

Sure ain't no lie when people talk about how good Lexus service really is.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Racer

yes, I did buy the extended warranty from lexus, but rotors and brake pads are wear & tear items and they told me that but they still replaced it.

I will email Acura and tell them that how it can be that a Lexus dealership takes car of my Acura and the local Acura dealer wouldn't.

Yes, I did buy the warranty from Lexus, but they're warranties are good for any certified mechanic, meaning that I don't have to take it to Lexus, but I can take it to any mechanic, even an Acura dealership and Lexus would cover the costs.

Either way, you think Acura would take care of a Lexus' pads and rotors if you bought it from them?

I will email Acura and tell them everything and that the dealer told me that the TSB is only good if I had purchased a new Acura and the rotors went bad within one year.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:49 PM
bp

where is this lexus dealership? i live in naperville
Old 07-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Racer

I bought the car in Michigan. It was the lexus dealership in Utica, MI called Meade Lexus of Lakeside.

The Continental Acura dealer wouldn't do shit for me. that's the same guy who quoted me 640 to install springs.

I come to Michigan all the time, so they did it on short notice too.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
The GS's aren't bad. I perticularly think a Black GS 430 looks ver sex and with a few mods can be even more so. Plus its a V-8 and RWD and the new ones will also have an option of AWD.

Thats pretty cool Lexus did that for you. They have some of the best Customer Sevice around. When my dad had a G3 300, the one or two times it actually went in for service they treated us very well. This is one of Acura's major short commings is their shitty service from too many dealers were its rarer to find such bad service from a lexus dealer.
I am a GS 430 fan also, especially the GS430 with the GS400 17 in five spoke wheel. There is a chick that goes to the pharmacy across the street and she has a black 430 with these wheels, and that baby is CLEAN. My only complaint is 4 doors, just not me.

Originally Posted by Slimey
He posted in another thread that he bought the car used from a Lexus dealer and then paid $1300 or so for an extended warranty/service contract with the dealer.
Your right, I forgot, I did read that thread.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Chopper
Wait, I thought I read quite a few threads that said the rotors get warped because of the shitty pads, not because the rotors themselves are bad.

Are the rotors bad too? Even the TSB says resurface and replace with UPDATED pads.

Would the rotors warp with better pads? Which pads do you guys recommend with stock rotors?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Racer

I'm trying to find an email address on OwnerLink to email Acura and tell them about the how the dealer wouldn't service my car but the Lexus dealer serviced THEIR car, no questions asked.

Does anyone know the email address where I should send this complaint to?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Racer

Come on, I know there's gotta be an email address for acura.com
Old 07-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Racer

What's the email and which pads?
Old 08-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Racer

Well, my tranny went out, here's the story

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149369

So the Acura dealer tells me it's gonna take 10 days to get my car back.

I emailed the guy who sold me the car at the Lexus dealership and told him what happened with the tranny and he called me right back and said:

"Those Acura guys seem to be, what should I call it....dicks that you didn't buy the car at their dealership. Next time, take it to a Lexus dealership and they will replace everything for you, no questions asked and if they don't, tell them to give me a call"

He told me to call the local Lexus dealership, which ironically happens to be right next to Acura's and ask them how long it would take them to replace the tranny. Since Acura already said that the tranny is bad, Lexus won't have a problem replacing it. Could I just go to othe Acura dealer and say "thanks for looking at the tranny and figuring out that I need a new one, but I'll let Lexus do the rest since they'll do it faster"????

Plus, he said Lexus won't be too anal about giving me a loaner, unlike Acura.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Racer

And what's also funny is that he thinks Acura are being dicks about repairing things under warranty because I didn't buy it there, when the truth is that even if I had just bought the car there, they'd still give me shit about it.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Back to a MT!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess its is a dealer to dealer thing. I bought my car in Milwaukee and thought the service there was good. Then I traded that CL in for a new CL navi in NY and now I live in Orlando. Courtesy Acura down here has replaced my heads already and now will do my Ebrake shoes and rear rotors all under warranty. They have been doing a good job making up for the lack of intelligence at Heart Acura in NY.....(don't buy a used car there, they just check the boxes on a the Cerfified Sheet and do nothing to the car) But end of long story, I haven't had any service problems with the dealers I have been to.

On a side note my dad's TL-S had its tranny replaced and it was hassle free....that was the dealer in Madison.