Lehigh Valley Acura

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lehigh Valley Acura

Anyone use them?
I blacked out on them the other day cuz i was told i was gonna get a loaner over the phone, but didnt put it in the books. they said they wouldn't have anyway since i didnt buy the car there. So why does Park Ave Acura gimme a loaner if i bought my car from Springfield Acura? I can't bust on them, cuz they ARE doing warranty work AFTER 50k miles (they wrote the order at 48.5k) but wtf? i gotta PAY for a rental across the street? They claimed this was "Acura's" new policy, not the dealers. Anyway I can make them gimme a loaner now that thats my local dealer? Or was that courtesy just cuz i was under warranty (which i no longer am)?
Old 09-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lehigh Valley Acura

Originally posted by YuppieCL
Anyone use them?
I blacked out on them the other day cuz i was told i was gonna get a loaner over the phone, but didnt put it in the books. they said they wouldn't have anyway since i didnt buy the car there. So why does Park Ave Acura gimme a loaner if i bought my car from Springfield Acura? I can't bust on them, cuz they ARE doing warranty work AFTER 50k miles (they wrote the order at 48.5k) but wtf? i gotta PAY for a rental across the street? They claimed this was "Acura's" new policy, not the dealers. Anyway I can make them gimme a loaner now that thats my local dealer? Or was that courtesy just cuz i was under warranty (which i no longer am)?

whoa wha? what's acura's new policy? that's bullshit, i got loaners from PAA when i bought my first cls from a dealership in PA. BS.....
Old 09-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

so who should i call to MAKE them gimme a loaner? thats all i want! can i still get one since i'm over 50k tho?

possible for it to be DEALER policy?
Old 09-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

so who should i call to MAKE them gimme a loaner? thats all i want! can i still get one since i'm over 50k tho?
dunno man guess that's dealership policy, which sux. I got stuck with a POS chevy cravalier once at my old dealership but i didn't have to pay for that crap.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Zapata
dunno man guess that's dealership policy, which sux. I got stuck with a POS chevy cravalier once at my old dealership but i didn't have to pay for that crap.
i dont care WHAT i get. best loaner i've ever gotten was a stupid auto RSX. i've had a focus, grand am, taurus... etc. i guess i should call acura to see what they say....
Old 09-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Team Owner

Lehigh Valley Acura either kisses your ASS or treats you like SHIT.
Luckily I have a good relationship there after buying several cars from them.

All the sales guys always come out and drool over my car whenever it’s there.

The only beef I have with them is that they are anti-Comptech and I have to drive all the way to PAA for that type of work.
Nothing wrong with THAT I guess.

Shawn S
Old 09-06-2003, 08:13 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I didn't buy my car from the dealer I get my work done at, and I have been given (in order) an RSX, TL, RSX, and a new TSX with less than 1000 miles on it a few weeks back when the serviceing dealer replaced my drivers window regulator under warranty (remember I didn't buy my car from this dealership). I'd find another dealership to deal with.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i bought my car from L.V. Acura, but they lost my business over a matter of $100 dollars and a navi disc. They told me I get 2 free updates before I decided on the navi, but after i bought, they said they didn't.

and that $100, i bought from l.v. (vinart) honda before, so i had a coupon which they TOOK, and would mail me a check. after a couple months, they told me, "You got a good deal, there's no way in HELL we're giving you $100 back."

good deal? I paid $500 less than sticker for the car!! and i was going to buy the rubber floormats and some other accessories with that $100 from them.

so now i drive 2 hours to PAA, and I get a loaner everytime, even when it's just an oil change or warranty work.

And the 2 hour drive (one time it was 4-5hr 'cuz of an accident on 78) is worth it every time.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

damn... i guess lehigh valley really does just flat-out suck. i'm still gonna call acura client services tommorrow morning before my appointment and ask them what the correct policy's are. i think i may have to just go on over to PAA from now on... ugh...
Old 09-08-2003, 03:29 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by mrdeeno
i bought my car from L.V. Acura, but they lost my business over a matter of $100 dollars and a navi disc...........
I had a feeling Dean would be posting here.
I remember his story from waaaaaaaaaay back.

Like I said, I’ve never had a problem there since I bought my Legend Coupe back in 1991.
And I love their new showroom, but unfortunately it’s much further from where I work.
Their old one was only like 5-minutes away.

Shawn S

PS…. I got the free NAVI DVD that they promised me when I bought my 2001.
It’s all about negotiation man.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:36 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

i think i may have to just go on over to PAA from now on... ugh...

that's what i have to do......sux, but good, pete/tom/wayne/vinnie/jens and the rest of the crew are always so accomodating!
Old 09-08-2003, 01:44 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
thought you were going to give A&H Motorsports a try?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Y2K3CL-S
thought you were going to give A&H Motorsports a try?

not bad....they seem cool. I've been there a couple of times. No complaints, besides their labor rate....a bit higher than usually, but they don't have as many mechanics so... Not bad for quick little visits etc., However, when I am having an issue PAA is the place.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Cars are an addiction

my luck with them has been so far so good. The only thing I had so far was that I bought a demo from them And what the sales man told me never made it anyone else. Like the free oil changes they threw in and the free first service. I went there on a Saturday and played hell when I got my bill, and saw that I owed money. It was straightened out and all was ok. But against my wishes they washed my freaking car for me. I was soo upset. NO ONE washes my car. I once worked at a dealer as a detailer and I know the corners they cut and how bad their brushes really are. Took me the better part of an afternoon to get the light swirles and scratches out.

Moses, what kinda work were you having done?
Old 09-09-2003, 03:40 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by CLean
But against my wishes they washed my freaking car for me. I was soo upset. NO ONE washes my car.
Yea, they washed mine once and put a few scratches in it even though I asked them NOT to.

Now when I go there I make up a 4x6 card that I tape in place right over the speedometer.
It reads in large letters: DO NOT WASH CAR

So far – so good

Shawn S