Keeping stock radio with High Fidility system

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 08:02 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping stock radio with High Fidility system

While I was sitting in a $hitload of traffic today on my way to work, I was brainstorming ideas and ways to have a High fidility system while keeping our stock Radio. I LOVE the 6-disc indash and the way it looks in our car. Here is my theory..

On a aftermarket unit (I.E. Kenwood, alpine, clarion) the pre-out's are a low level non amplified signal. This is how you get low-noise/non-interfearance within your system.

I have heard that using the Line-Level converters cause distortion and noise. This is where I'd like you guys using these to reply to me telling me your opinion on them..

My point? I would like to obtain schematics to the circuity in our radios to tap into the signal BEFORE it hits the amplifier inside the radio, then basically add resistors/caps and jacks to make the signal sutable for an aftermarket amp (i.e. rockford fosgate, alpine)

What do you guys think? Opinions? Suggestions? I'd like to see some of the electrically involved guys chime in on this one.

Thanks!

------------------
Old 01-11-2001, 02:05 AM
Team Owner

The factory AMP for our system is a separate unit and is located on the passenger side in the trunk area.
I have all the schematics from the HELM manual with everything completely explained.

I am considering doing something similar to what you described when the weather gets warmer.
I have an Alpine ERA-G320 Digital Equalizer / Audio Processor that I plan to hook up between the factory deck and the factory or new aftermarket AMP(s).

This setup will give me better control of the crossover points for my SUB.
The Alpine also has several user memories for different types of music.

If you want, I can scan the Schematics and E-Mail them to you this weekend sometime.
If you are into “tinkering” like this, I would suggest you drop 62 bucks for the HELM manual.

Shawn S

------------------
>>> 400+ posts on h/a.net <<< >>> 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com <<<

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-11-2001, 02:07 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn S:
The factory AMP for our system is a separate unit and is located on the passenger side in the trunk area.
I have all the schematics from the HELM manual with everything completely explained.

I am considering doing something similar to what you described when the weather gets warmer.
I have an Alpine ERA-G320 Digital Equalizer / Audio Processor that I plan to hook up between the factory deck and the factory or new aftermarket AMP(s).

This setup will give me better control of the crossover points for my SUB.
The Alpine also has several user memories for different types of music.

If you want, I can scan the Schematics and E-Mail them to you this weekend sometime.
If you are into “tinkering” like this, I would suggest you drop 62 bucks for the HELM manual.

Shawn S

</font>

If your willing to email that, I would also like a copy. I have been thinking about doing the same.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm
Old 01-11-2001, 02:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

guys, if the tl and cl systems are the same (and im pretty sure they are) that amp your talking about powering the sub and only the sub. the amp for your speakers is built into the head unit. and i would consider it impossible to by pass that. i mean, if that was possible, why would someone ever want to buy an aftermarket deck?

correct me if im wrong

------------------
99 TL
Old 01-11-2001, 02:38 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 641 Likes on 283 Posts
I have a full system which sounds like a million bucks in my CL-S with the stock deck, see here:

I used a crystalline converter and it is awesome, cost me about a grand canadian though...

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura Cl Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 01-11-2001, 03:26 AM
Instructor

Astroboy, could you provide me with more info on your system. I want to add a killer system to my cl-s. Thx
Old 01-11-2001, 04:04 AM
Pro

yeah astro is right if we are talking about the same company crystal line made by amanir, they are great the best llc (line level converter) you can buy, auto sound and security did a review of them about 5-6 years ago and the took basic av cables like the cheap recaton ones you get from best buy, and ran a 20 foot set to an amp, but did every thing they could to introduce noise, they ran the rca with the battery cable, the wrapped the rca cable around the computer (80% of emi comes from there) and heard no engine or alternator wine

------------------
2001 acura cl type-s
comming soon
2000 accord v6 sedan
1997 4runner
1992 camaro
1993 volvo 850
Old 01-11-2001, 02:34 PM
Racer

Cristyaline you say???? I know Monster Cable(pioneer) has a high quality line converter for about $100 for two channels. Can someone tell me what the price U.S. would be for this crystaline device? And Does it do more then convert to line level???? Please post more INFO astro on your setup. Sounds good!!!!!!

Thanks

------------------
Old 01-11-2001, 02:36 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mr tl:
guys, if the tl and cl systems are the same (and im pretty sure they are) that amp your talking about powering the sub and only the sub. the amp for your speakers is built into the head unit. and i would consider it impossible to by pass that. i mean, if that was possible, why would someone ever want to buy an aftermarket deck?

correct me if im wrong

</font>
The system in the CL is not the same at as in the TL.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm