Just saying hi...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saying hi...

Hey everyone, I am a newbie here. I joined because I'm trying to read up on options for my 2001 CL Type S suspension. It's only got a Comptech exhaust and lowering springs, but I'm looking to get camber plates because supposedly that's causing my tires to wear out quickly.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:48 AM
Racer

what's up matz! congrats on the new ride. any pics?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Never had a clean run

Get the camber kit, it'll feel much better, and your tires will wear evenly.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:21 AM
8th Gear

deleted
Old 08-18-2006, 07:23 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by aznxtallxboy
what's up matz! congrats on the new ride. any pics?
Hi there, thanks! I actually bought the car in 2000, so I've had it for a while, but never really thought about joining any forums. I don't even know if they had this forum (or any other) back then!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics. This car is like Rodney Dangerfield and hasn't gotten any respect, as far as picture taking goes. I spend most of my time wrenching on and taking pictures of my Evo.

I'm looking forward to learning a bunch here, and hopefully contributing as well at some point!

Originally Posted by rtatsutani
Get the camber kit, it'll feel much better, and your tires will wear evenly.
It seems like there aren't too many options here? I've done some searches on camber plates, and don't recall seeing any specific brands last night. I did see some threads that mention coilovers from D2, etc, but they didn't look like they came with camber plates. I was surprised because my coilover set (and pretty much all others) for my Evo had them included, and all of that for $900!

EDIT -- just read the sticky on suspension options.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Welcome.

I don't think you really need a camber kit with the CT springs. It won't hurt, but why wast the cash if you don't really need one. I say save up for coilovers if that's what you eventually want to get and then get a camber kit.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:15 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Welcome.

I don't think you really need a camber kit with the CT springs. It won't hurt, but why wast the cash if you don't really need one. I say save up for coilovers if that's what you eventually want to get and then get a camber kit.
Well, I'm only looking into it because the dealer and the tire shop both have said that I've got horrible tire wear because of the camber setting (which I currently can't change). I have to check the current camber measurements, but I would assume that if I set it to 0 degrees, it should eliminate that problem. Personally, I think that the toe must be off, not the camber.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Matz
Well, I'm only looking into it because the dealer and the tire shop both have said that I've got horrible tire wear because of the camber setting (which I currently can't change). I have to check the current camber measurements, but I would assume that if I set it to 0 degrees, it should eliminate that problem. Personally, I think that the toe must be off, not the camber.
Weird. I thought that you wouldn't need one with the CT springs. I had coilovers and I never needed a camber kit and was dropped lower than the CT springs.

If you want coilovers, look on the Black Market. There are always people parting out. I sold mine for a lot less than $900. And most of the guys here take care of their stuff.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:33 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Weird. I thought that you wouldn't need one with the CT springs. I had coilovers and I never needed a camber kit and was dropped lower than the CT springs.

If you want coilovers, look on the Black Market. There are always people parting out. I sold mine for a lot less than $900. And most of the guys here take care of their stuff.
Cool, thanks for the tips! I was wondering about a for sale forum here, but forgot that this CL area is below the main forum area.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Matz
Cool, thanks for the tips! I was wondering about a for sale forum here, but forgot that this CL area is below the main forum area.
Yeh. Good hunting. You should be able to find a camber kit there if you just want to do that.