Installed Prolarg M-6's

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2001 | 10:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Installed Prolarg M-6's

I finally upgraded the road lamps with the prolarg M-6s. They look sweeet!!!! Nice bright 18w bulb with a tint of blue to match the hids perfectly.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
-Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Prolarg M-6 lamps
Planning: Comptech Headers, Sways, CAI
Old 02-19-2001 | 12:02 PM
Who's Your Daddy

do u have a pic?

------------------
01' Type-S
Acura loyalty
retired a 2000 TL and a 94' Acura Legend Coupe
Comptech Springs
Comptech axle-back exhaust
yellow bumper (fog lights) bulbs
Old 02-19-2001 | 12:29 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tel1sps:
I finally upgraded the road lamps with the prolarg M-6s. They look sweeet!!!! Nice bright 18w bulb with a tint of blue to match the hids perfectly.

</font>
Told you so!! you'll love it.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-19-2001 | 12:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
Told you so!! you'll love it.

</font>
You were right, thanks!!!

Do you have any pics to post? I remember somebody did awhile ago. I checked them out before I picked them up.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 02-19-2001 | 01:50 PM
Instructor

I have been seeing a lot of posts lately regarding the foglights and changing the bulbs. Whats wrong with the stock foglights? I personally have not looked at the front of my car with the lights on so I dont know what they look like. And, I live in So. Cal. so fog is not a big deal here really.

Are the stock lights dull?
Do they not work properly in the fog?
Where can I get the yellow bulbs for the foglights?

Thanks

------------------
2001 CL-P Emerald/Parchment
Old 02-19-2001 | 01:58 PM
Advanced

So what's the verdict on the 18w bulbs...do they melt the housing around it?

------------------
2001 CL-S Nighthawk Black w/ spoiler and chromed CL-S rims
Old 02-19-2001 | 02:11 PM
I love my CL-S

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mattldm:
I have been seeing a lot of posts lately regarding the foglights and changing the bulbs. Whats wrong with the stock foglights? I personally have not looked at the front of my car with the lights on so I dont know what they look like. And, I live in So. Cal. so fog is not a big deal here really.

Thanks

</font>

http://www.autocarparts.com/PIAA/PIAA_ACCESSORIES.htm
the stock bulbs are useless and weak...

------------------
01 silver cl-s
k&n air filter

clean cl-s=270 HP
Old 02-19-2001 | 02:12 PM
I love my CL-S

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mattldm:

Thanks

</font>

http://www.autocarparts.com/PIAA/PIAA_ACCESSORIES.htm
the stock bulbs are useless and weak...

------------------
01 silver cl-s
k&n air filter

clean cl-s=270 HP
Old 02-19-2001 | 05:00 PM
Instructor

Thanks. which is the correct bulb? The link on that page says that PIAA doesnt make a bulb for our forglights.

------------------
2001 CL-P Emerald/Parchment
Old 02-19-2001 | 09:32 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clevie:
So what's the verdict on the 18w bulbs...do they melt the housing around it?

</font>
going on 5 month and No problem. Just becareful during the install and don't rush or else you might break the polargs like some people.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.

Old 02-19-2001 | 10:56 PM
8th Gear

Where do you buy Polarg M-6 bulb ?
Old 02-19-2001 | 11:21 PM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blackCL:
Where do you buy Polarg M-6 bulb ?</font>
here ya go:

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-L...o-208-none.cfm
Old 02-20-2001 | 12:21 AM
Intermediate

Before ya'll rush out and change all the light bulbs on your brand new 30K automobile a note of caution: I see the Polarg M6 bulb is popular, however the folks from Polarg state that what they sell is for off road use only, have you ever heard of FMVSS? Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. I would hate to see you guys mess up a perfectly good car with all this geek crap. Wait awhile and buy parts only from a proven and reputable firm, that can say they meet standards like FMVSS and air polution standards. Changing things like the suspension may cause VSA/Traction Control and ABS brakes not to function as designed. I figure the folks that designed the car no a tad bit more than I do. After market outfits will sell anything that the public will buy.
Stock Silver CL-S
Old 02-20-2001 | 01:03 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by freeszx:
Before ya'll rush out and change all the light bulbs on your brand new 30K automobile a note of caution: I see the Polarg M6 bulb is popular, however the folks from Polarg state that what they sell is for off road use only, have you ever heard of FMVSS? Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. I would hate to see you guys mess up a perfectly good car with all this geek crap. Wait awhile and buy parts only from a proven and reputable firm, that can say they meet standards like FMVSS and air polution standards. Changing things like the suspension may cause VSA/Traction Control and ABS brakes not to function as designed. I figure the folks that designed the car no a tad bit more than I do. After market outfits will sell anything that the public will buy.
Stock Silver CL-S
</font>
well, geez--where's the fun in that???
Old 02-20-2001 | 08:54 AM
Senior Moderator

mattldm-the bulbs you want are the wedge bulbs, 19169 from PIAA. I have some on back order right now $12.50 + $8 for shipping!! F#$%K sakes!

------------------
'01 Satin Silver CL-S, tint, Momo Cobra Carbon, Mobil1, V1
Future mods: Comptech springs, sways & headers
18" wheels (Heidfelds or Volks) with S-02's
aerokit?
Old 02-20-2001 | 08:58 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

Are there any alternatives to the PIAA 19169's or Polarg M-6's?
Old 02-20-2001 | 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

There is a Sylvania 194ll 16w bulb, that someone else had mentioned.....

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 02-20-2001 | 11:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Stock Silver CL-S
</font>

I higly doubt a little 16watt bulb that has no connection w/ vsa or abs can effect the car. Also I've gotten pulled over several times at night but the cop didn't even notice. Plus half the people I see think its oem since we have HID lights. even at the dealer they thought I put HID road lamps in. You all should have no problem what so ever no hint of blue. If you got some cheesy blue bulbs on the other hand that will get you pulled over.
Also w/ all the suspension mods, engine mods the VSA still works perfectly and the ABS works just find THANK YOU. I test them out everynow and then and works like a charm.

------------------
CL-S

Old 02-20-2001 | 03:55 PM
Pro

An answer to melting the foglight housing.

The highest watt i've installed is 27watt bulbs (i made them).

Made some 39watt bulbs. i was more concern about melting the bulb socket, and when it passed the socket test, i then tested it in the housing. Bad News. It started to melt, but i caught it before it burned thru.

So far 27watt is the max.

Here's a question. Is the CL available overseas?? If they were, maybe they would start making OEM style foglights that support h1 & h3 bulbs. Wishfull thinking.
Old 02-20-2001 | 05:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Good to see you guys using Polargs..
I just changed my interior bulbs to bright white lights this weekend and oh my!
very nice diamond white, very elegant

For the lurkers out there who are missing out...here are the Polarg roadlamps:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=10598982

now all i gotta do is find me some bright white ceiling lights and trunk lights and SHIZZAAMM! crystal bright whites all around
oh yea!

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Monterey Blue, Parchment interior
Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=10358832

Club Events Moderator
Old 02-20-2001 | 06:09 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Stock Silver CL-S
</font>
I hardly think the FMVSS is applicable to road lights that are essentially nothing more than marker lights. We're just trying to make them visible and functional. Me? I don't give a crap. I put PIAA 19169's becasue they were closer to matching the HID's.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 02-20-2001 | 07:51 PM
Soon to be, fairly famous

I'm with the fellas here. I put the 19169's in and haven't looked back...okay, I DID try the Polargs, and I have two blue casings in the light well to prove it. I DID like the Polargs better...until I broke them....both....at the same time....AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude
Old 02-20-2001 | 08:20 PM
Intermediate

I originally had the PIAA 19170's (someone said they were better than the 169's) but thought that they sucked for brighness. I don't like that dim looking pale yellow of the stocks and I did not see any improvement with with 170's.

So I got the 18w polargs and they work great. No problem getting them in and no melting...and gee, my ABS still works!

So now I have the 170's in my door lights. A bit brighter than stocks (and they don't melt anything) but at least I did not waste them.
Old 02-20-2001 | 11:05 PM
Intermediate

chuckle, chuckle hey folks got your attention did I? Some of you only read up to the FMVSS part, even "quoted me" my only point is, be careful about some of the aftermarket parts you buy, I too would like to upgrade the ridiculous fog lamps, and maybe put in a CAI but I think I'll wait and see what comes from the aftermarket folks. We have all spent alot of money on our CL-S. Enjoy!!!!

Stock Silver CL-S
Old 02-21-2001 | 05:00 PM
Pro

How are you installing these bulbs? My hand wont fit in the grill to reach the back of the bulb and I really dont want to mess with the 'undertray' Hints are appreciated.

thanks
Old 02-21-2001 | 06:24 PM
Intermediate

dgracer, pop the hood, reach in from in front of radiator, grasp housing and rotate about 1 quarter turn, pull out old, slide in new bulb, replace in housing turn 1 quarter turn to tighten.
Old 02-21-2001 | 06:26 PM
Intermediate

yes, Mr. FMVSS ordered the Polarg M6 bulbs.
Old 02-21-2001 | 09:47 PM
Senior Moderator

freeszx and all others-the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards apply to manufacturers, not private individuals. They were promulgated in the early 70's to respond to growing concerns about automotive safety, particularly seat belts. As we can all remember (hopefully) from government studies in high school, the federal government cannot tell a state (in most instances)which laws it wants enforced (sovereign immunity and separation of powers ring a bell?) So, if NY passes a law that sez you can't have high output blue tinted running lights as equipment, then you will get pulled over and ticketed by the boys in blue (like too-dark window tinting). The Fed can ahem, PERSUADE the states to enforce certain laws (max speed limits on interstates) by refusing to give the states federal funding for road reconstruction projects. So, like I said, FMVSS does not apply to individual people.

------------------
'01 Satin Silver CL-S, tint, Momo Cobra Carbon, Mobil1, V1

NY Lic.- F1 FAN
Future mods: Comptech springs, sways & headers
18" wheels (Heidfelds or Volks) with S-02's
aerokit?

1995 Mitsu GSX, no mods
NY Lic.-I LV F1
Old 02-22-2001 | 12:30 AM
Intermediate

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:

I higly doubt a little 16watt bulb that has no connection w/ vsa or abs can effect the car. Also I've gotten pulled over several times at night but the cop didn't even notice. Plus half the people I see think its oem since we have HID lights. even at the dealer they thought I put HID road lamps in. You all should have no problem what so ever no hint of blue. If you got some cheesy blue bulbs on the other hand that will get you pulled over.
Also w/ all the suspension mods, engine mods the VSA still works perfectly and the ABS works just find THANK YOU. I test them out everynow and then and works like a charm.

</font>
hmmm I got pulled over for my "Cheesy Blue" road lamps...actually it was more like "Christmas Light Blue"...I thought it was pretty cool looking...alot better than the stocks...anyways the undercover cop told me they're illegal and no cars are allow to have "solid" blue lights except emergency vehicles...blah blah blah...good thing he didn't tic me or i be really pissed off
So now I have Raybrig Hyperwhite from eauto installed...they are not as white or blue as I hoped...there's actually a hint of yellow/orange like the stock bulbs...as for the "christmas light blue" i put them inside for the door side markers
planning on putting blue on dome, trunk, plate lights

------------------
Silver CL-S: 35% metallic tint, spolier, wheel locks, black pin stripes, 12" Blaupunk sub, 600W Kenwood amp, Raybrig Hyperwhite Wedge Bulbs(coming soon)
Old 01-25-2002 | 02:26 AM
Mugen Racing Team

Heh heh you had chirstmas light blue? i currently using porlarg VIP pink, but wanting to switch to the 19224 Piaa soon, i always notice the cops looking at me when driving during the night. Scares me sometimes of being tic too :P
Old 01-25-2002 | 07:48 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Originally posted by gto2050

I hardly think the FMVSS is applicable to road lights that are essentially nothing more than marker lights. We're just trying to make them visible and functional. Me? I don't give a crap. I put PIAA 19169's becasue they were closer to matching the HID's.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Interesting....cuz I didn't make this post. Someone musta hacked my account?
Old 01-25-2002 | 11:24 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by dgracer
How are you installing these bulbs? My hand wont fit in the grill to reach the back of the bulb and I really dont want to mess with the 'undertray' Hints are appreciated.

thanks
There are two convenient ways to install the Polargs.
1) Undo the splash guards and reach up an in.
It is easy once you've done it, but it sounds like you are opposed to this.

2) follow the instructions on: www.wizardsworks.org/chod/acura/m6
Old 01-25-2002 | 11:25 AM
Moderator Alumnus

> Are the stock lights dull?

Look at the before and after pics on:

www.wizardsworks.org/chod/acura/m6

If that doesn't convince you, nothing will!
Old 01-25-2002 | 11:58 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by freeszx
Stock Silver CL-S

Because the OEM bulbs look like shit! I don't pay a large sum of money every month so my lights can look crappy. Man they don't even match with the HIDs headlights! Geek crap? Would you consider CAI, headers, exhaust geek crap? What reputable firms have done is improved on the design of Acura. MOst if not all of the parts people on their cars have CARB certification. Car companies make cars to make money and not necessarily for performance(unless it's a performance car and even then). These companies will go cheap on a part of the car to increase profit margin, i.e., headers. Do you mean to tell me that Acura couldn't come up with the same design as Comptech did? As far as the suspension modifications go, there are a large number of members on this board who have moded their suspension without any problems. Granted, just because their haven't been problems to this point doesn't mean their won't be in the future but so far so good.