Injustice at Park Avenue Acura-Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 05:22 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injustice at Park Avenue Acura-Part 2

Spoke with Wayne on the phone this morning. Seems like a nice guy to me. He even personally scheduled an appointment on 10/13 to have my brakes looked at. Hope everything will work out fine. I will keep everyone posted on how things work out. I didn't mean to bad-mouth what is apparently a very pouplar and well respected dealership. I just didn't want to shell out my own money to fix something on the car that was clearly not my fault to begin with. I'm sure most of the board members, speaking from the perspective of consumers, can easily relate to me.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:04 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, not everyone can have the greatest experience at PAA but glad to see that they made an effort to correct the problem. They certainly try and they are smart for being on the boards!
Old 10-02-2003, 07:23 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As said by others, their reputation was earned by their high level of competency and their excellent customer service, it wasn't that they won a popularity contest (although they are nice guys).

Glad to hear that they are able to serve you better.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:20 AM
Moderator Alumnus

apology accepted
Old 10-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Let me tell you my bad PAA experience when I recently spent $500 on the 30k service (with alignment).

All was good at first. I showed up early after my 70+ minute drive out there, I got a nice TL loaner. I had them take a look at the pull to the right that Jens had given ideas to check, take a look at the brakes shaking again, and have a few scratches buffed out. I was very confident that I would get my CLS back in great shape with everything fixed.

The first bad sign is when I requested them to call about an hour before it may be done. I had a 70+ minute ride back to the shop, and wanted to get there before they closed and traffic was bad. I didn't hear from them around 3pm so I left to go anyway. They called and said it would be ready in 10 minutes, which was great as I was about 15 minutes away at that time.

The second bad sign was when they went over the fixed list, and said the alignment was perfect. No mention of any work done to fix the wheel pull nor about the brake pulsing/vibrating. They said it was all in the alignment and everything is fine now. I was skeptical, but figured they had the car for 9 hours and must have road tested everything.

The third bad sign was when I got the car and noticed they missed buffing the scratches on the side of the car. The detailer said it would only take a few minutes and was about to pull the car back in, when he was told not to. They said it was a favor, and I should either buy my own buffer or go to an autobody shop. They did not have time for this. My car also was not washed nor vacuumed out. And when I got home I had to clean the overspray from the door grease from the seats/interior.

The forth bad sign was when I was on the highway (route 80) for the 70+ minute road trip back home. I hit the brakes and let go of the wheel to check for the brake vibrations. The steering wheel wobbled back and forth about an inch. Well, first thing not done.

The fifth bad sign was the pull. The car still pulls to the right when you let go of the steering wheel. I brought an extra stock rim with me so they could swap it out. I already spend $$ on getting a new tire just in case it was a bad one, but that had no effect. PAA said it was the tire brand/size and nothing can be done (Mich Pilot Sport A/S in 225/50). They didn't try swapping the rim with the new one I brought. (I have another dealer that will try swapping the rim for me when I go in soon to have the mirror replaced.)

Now I did send a detailed email message to Wayne about all this on the following day, but still have never heard back (a few weeks now). I did not call Wayne directly, way too busy at work, but the letter I received from them said I could call or email.

So not a good experience for $500 and over 4 hours of driving time, with PAA having my CLS for about 9 hours. (note that Jens was on vacation during my appointment)

On the plus side, I did get a good 30k service. The car is very quiet (all suspension squeeks/rattles gone) and runs great.

It was my first bad experience with PAA, they have been great with the sways, alarm, and other service work. But this was just too many bad items to go wrong in one visit.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:26 PM
It's Always Shabbat

Well, let's hope Wayne steps up and can offer either an explanation or is willing to take care of you on your next service.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Old timer

Just to add a small comment - no service department is perfect, even ours with 96% CSI or whatever awesome rating ours has.
Heck, I can think of a small thing or two that were done wrong on my car at my Acura dealership when I'd brought it in for service, although this was long before I worked there.

There will always be a few mistakes, a few issues that are our fault, and a few irate customers that are never satisfied.

That is why no service dept is 100%. I wouldn't judge PAA's service team as a whole based upon one or even two bad experiences when there are tens of positive ones.

Especially when Wayne and Jens are both interested enough in the CL/TL that they have spent time posting here as well as hosting the two largest East Coast Acura meets.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Advanced

fast_daddy_car, I wanted to ask you a question about your alignment problems.

I just had my CLS aligned and my car pulls to the left, Acura (dallas, tx) swaped my left front tire with the rear left tire and the car doesn't seem to pull anymore. Here is the real weird part before the swap I just had 2 brand new tires placed up front. Now I have both new tires caddy corner to each other.

It seems that you might be having the same problem. I am not sure what the problem is but I wonder how many more members are having is problem. Let me know if your tire swap fixes your problem, maybe I have a bent rim or something.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:10 PM
///M POWER

atleast PAA made it up to u, any other dealer probably wouldnt
Old 10-03-2003, 05:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by osclude
fast_daddy_car, I wanted to ask you a question about your alignment problems.

I just had my CLS aligned and my car pulls to the left, Acura (dallas, tx) swaped my left front tire with the rear left tire and the car doesn't seem to pull anymore. Here is the real weird part before the swap I just had 2 brand new tires placed up front. Now I have both new tires caddy corner to each other.

It seems that you might be having the same problem. I am not sure what the problem is but I wonder how many more members are having is problem. Let me know if your tire swap fixes your problem, maybe I have a bent rim or something.
If I swap the right front/rear tires, the car doesn't pull anymore.
I found the problem after I did a routine tire rotation. I had these tires about a year, and never noticed a pull before. Mine is a very noticabel pull, that when you let go of the wheel the car will immediately change lanes or head for the nearest tree.

So the initial thought was bad tire. I had the tire replaced, but no effect, still had the pull. So the next items left are the rotor (since the brakes are pulsing (meaning the rotors are warped a bit again) it could be slight constant friction on that side) or it could be the rim. But PAA didn't check any of these even though I asked and brought another rim, even told them I would pay the $10 to have the tire re-mounted/balanced. (I didn't mind another $10 especially since I just spend $500 that visit for the 30k service)

I would also like to know how many people that switched from the crappy stock tires now have any drifting problems. I always switched tires in the past and never had anything like this.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:41 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fast_Daddy_Car-

You've Got Mail !
Old 10-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks Wayne, I will follow up with you!!
Old 10-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Burning Brakes

I replied to your PM until I get a chance to call.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Advanced

Currently I am running Toyo Proxies and I had the pull before I got the new toyo's. Sounds like we are having the same problem except for the fact that your call pulls right and mine left. My car does the same thing except it goes strait for the concrete barrier. I had acura check everything out and I don't have any brake problems or warped rotors, I had Acura write me a letter stating that they are unable to fix the car and do not know what is wrong with it. Let me know what you come up with, I would like to know if they get it fixed.

PS. What year is your CLS?

Mine:2001 bought it in Aug of 2000