Impounded Type S, Almost went to jail... 1 lost prelude

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 01:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have been drinking and its possible that you may be over the limit, NEVER take any of the tests. This info is used only to convict you. You may lose your license for 6 months but it is better then a DWI on your permanent record and the $ you will pay your insurance company. My buddy in Boulder Co had 2 drinks and ended up getting pulled over for not using a turn signal out of a parallel parking spot???. He passed all of the sobriety tests but he blew a .32 in the breathilizer. Those things are horribly inaccurate. He was arrested anyway and to make a long story short he was later dismissed of the charge but he ran up a $5000 lawyer bill. It's almost impossible to convict someone of DWI if they have no evidence like failure of these tests to convict you on unless you fall down drunk.
It's not like a speeding ticket where it is a civil case, DWI is a criminal case and they most prove DWI beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't think smelling like beer would be enough to convict.
They can't bring the DUI B.A.C. down too far because drinking 2 beers actually decreases the chance you can get in an accident. Don't believe me? the study they used to determine B.A.C. and crashes is called the Grand Rapids study that was done in the 60's. Untill you reach about .043 the data shows that you were less likely to get in an accident. We actually learned this in med school and i'll never forget it!!!
Dude, anytime you have a couple of drinks and hop in the car, NEVER speed or break any traffic laws....or this shit happens....Good luck
If you do take a breathalizer, put some pennys in your mouth, just make sure there before 1985 or so because the new ones are aluminum and won't work. You have to have copper pennys. This really works. It's basic physics.

------------------
93 RX7 R1 don't feel like listing all mods
98 5.9 limited Grand Cherokee K&N gen 2 FIPK
2001 CL-S (w/nav) girlfriends but its as good as mine
Old 04-26-2001, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey MyBigblack, I think I see you everymorning and afternoon on the parkway is it you??

Doc, actually i knew about the penny trick funny thing is I throw all my pennys away or donate it and only keep quarters dimes and nickels in my coin holder. Also the cop made me open my mouth wide open w/ my fingers to check if I had anything. And for the lawyer its bascially free for me. Company paid benifet. Not that I will drink and drive again but next time I will not take anytest.
Im gonna go see my lawyer next wed. day.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-26-2001, 06:11 PM
Pro

EEwwww.... Soju just makes for BAD hangover. Only good thing bout that is you get to go to Pho the next morning.

I got pulled over when I was in my brothers Integra. Tegs are bad luck for me, when I had it... I got into too much trouble.... hence .... kinda why I did not purchase a 1997 Type-R.

SOJU = BAD SH*T
I dun think it's strong though... if we get flavored soju... we usually order the bottle kind and pour it in.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire
Old 04-26-2001, 07:38 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
Hey MyBigblack, I think I see you everymorning and afternoon on the parkway is it you??

</font>
Probably! Haven't seen you, but if I do I'll bring it up.

------------------
---------
2001 Black CL-S Navi, spoiler, visor, PIAA 19169s
Old 04-27-2001, 12:13 PM
Prez & GC, .Net

Damn..that sucks. I live in MD and I though MD cops were bad enough.

VA cops are notorious for pulling over modded imports. I guess I'm lucking cuz I'm got at least 3 police stickers, plus one from the sheriffs institute. Yeah..basically bullshit donation tickets...then again, I've never been pulled over in VA (knock on wood) and the one time I've been pulled over in MD, they let me go w/ a warning (4 yrs ago) cuz he saw all my stickers.

Good thing you're getting a lawyer..I practice law in DC and MD, so I can't help you out here. Make sure your lawyer has plenty of experience in traffic cases. I don't need to relate to you all the crazy stories of dumbass amateur lawyers doing traffic cases that screw things up. DUI is serious business and you need a lawyer that is VERY experienced in dealing with these cases AND knows all the judges...that helps big time.

Good Luck!

If you ever see a read Accord V6 w/ type-r wing...that's me

Dizzy

------------------
1998 Red Accord EX-V6 Coupe
AEM CAI
AEM Pulleys
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
Tokico Illuminas
Eibach Pro-Kit
Neuspeed Strut Tower Bar
Wing's West Type-R Spoiler