If you could, how would you change your center console???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007 | 02:57 PM
Unregistered user

Thumbs up If you could, how would you change your center console???

Alright, if you could add/remove/change something on your center console what would you do?

My list:
- Different color (silver)
- Better climate control design
- Better dash design
- Better digital displays (clocks, climate screen, etc)
- More controls, audio wise (aftermarket remote?)
Old 08-14-2007 | 04:41 PM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

id put a laptop in so i can read pointless threads like this!! lol. im j/k man, its an interesting thread but honestly, if i could have anything, id just take navi as my car came without...I have the wood trim which i like. and the controls are fine to me, but the CL was my first car, so I cant compare it i guess...
Old 08-14-2007 | 04:57 PM
Racer

Remove that useless radio and navigation system.

I'd like to see a waffle machine and a coffee maker, so I don't have to stop by Starbucks every morning.
Old 08-14-2007 | 06:28 PM
I Wanna Beer

I'd like a real clock instead of the one on the navi system. Sucks when I turn the navi off and then have no clock. I like the dash design for the most part. Dual heat settings on the MT would have been nice like the auto got. Oh well, no dash is perfect (and those that are close are in crappy cars).

The thread title is a bit deceiving. I consider the center console to be the area where the shifter is located and all the way back to the storage area. Maybe I'm off though.
Old 08-14-2007 | 07:49 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TheWeez
I'd like a real clock instead of the one on the navi system. Sucks when I turn the navi off and then have no clock. I like the dash design for the most part. Dual heat settings on the MT would have been nice like the auto got. Oh well, no dash is perfect (and those that are close are in crappy cars).
The clock on the nav is stupid.

Originally Posted by TheWeez
The thread title is a bit deceiving. I consider the center console to be the area where the shifter is located and all the way back to the storage area.

In addition, Although i like the look of the molded stereo with the dash, it makes for replacing the stereo a bitch. Yea, you can get a metra kit, but it'll never match the rest of the dash. one of the reasons why I never put in an aftermarket stereo otherwise I would have long ago. I wish more manufacturers would stick with standard 1, 1.5 and 2 din stereos. It's hard though in luxury type cars.

Of all the things though you'd think that ANY manufacturer could simply partner with an aftermarket stereo company and put in some kick ass stereo equipment. I mean back int he day Honda used Alpine, now it's all bose except for the Nav unit. Why not just make it all Alpine and make it friendlier for the owner.
Old 08-14-2007 | 08:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by '01White3.2CL
id put a laptop in so i can read pointless threads like this!! lol. im j/k man, its an interesting thread
don't kid yourself, this thread is useless and not interesting. If you want to change something, change it then post pics in the photography gallery.
Old 08-14-2007 | 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TL_Captain
Remove that useless radio and navigation system.

I'd like to see a waffle machine and a coffee maker, so I don't have to stop by Starbucks every morning.

I want a light in my console like the automatics have

And don't get me started about the windshield fluid indicator that the canucks have but we don't and they also have larger fluid resevoirs too: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95948
Old 08-14-2007 | 09:44 PM
CL-Pride

I love it the way it is, everything goes along so well.

However, If i have the stock navi, i think the climate control is a little off.
I dun like the idea of pressing button to adjust temp, kinda old school.
Old 08-14-2007 | 09:51 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ironsurfer129
I love it the way it is, everything goes along so well.

However, If i have the stock navi, i think the climate control is a little off.
I dun like the idea of pressing button to adjust temp, kinda old school.
I like the old school dials and sliders.
Old 08-14-2007 | 10:48 PM
Racer

At first i thought id like the arm rest to be lower --- but at second thought id probably like the shifter section to be higher...more of a cockpit like feel.
Old 08-14-2007 | 11:00 PM
zac
Burning Brakes

I would like the trim to be silver/aluminum instead of the dark blue wood grain.
Old 08-15-2007 | 12:46 AM
03 CL-S

do you guys have lights coming out of your change holder when u open it or does our car even suppose to have lights there because mine is pitch black and i cant see what coin im grabbing
Old 08-15-2007 | 04:29 AM
Unregistered user

Originally Posted by 4ank
don't kid yourself, this thread is useless and not interesting. If you want to change something, change it then post pics in the photography gallery.
chill out, i wouldn't say anything wen all the threads u made were pointless since u could have used the search feature to find most of the answers buddy. this one hasn't been done yet.

anyways:

I just don't like the design of our dash/center console. It's alright...

I started this thread to give me some ideas for my current project which is going somewhat slowly since there isn't a DIY, nor has it been done before.... Can't say what it is until it's done and that'll take awhile. Don't want to tease you guys, it's nothing special really. and for those that already know (626ers) dont say a word or pray for ur car =P

i do agree with the clock, i was thinking of replacing it, but i doubt there's anything nicer that'll fit the oem harness.

why is the e-brake on the right side? I guess so it doesn't get in ur way trying to access the cup holders....
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:56 AM
Senior Moderator

test
Old 08-15-2007 | 10:07 AM
Banned

the only thing i would do different is what has already been done before...i would love to change every light to LED's, (since my lights are goin out quickly)...otherwise, i think it's pretty good...
Old 08-17-2007 | 10:07 AM
Advanced

Led's?

I want to do this...I'll have to go search for LED replacement! Give me the WHITE look like Lexus' have, it's so much nicer!
Old 08-17-2007 | 12:03 PM
Banned

yeah, a couple of guys on here have it done and it looks good....i think it looks closer to the 3rd gen TL dash