if type-s is lowered, is the front or rear chamber angel going to change a bit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 04:44 PM
Powered By HONDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if type-s is lowered, is the front or rear chamber angel going to change a bit?

if type-s is lowered, is the front or rear chamber angel going to change a bit?,anyone knows?thanks

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN

typescl@yahoo.com
Old 01-15-2001, 09:08 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes the camber angles will change the more you lower the car,currently Comptech has added camber corrector kits to it's catalog for these cars.These cars do not have provisions in the suspension system to adjust for excessive camber.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 01-15-2001, 09:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would this also be applicable to TL's as well, sounds like it.

------------------
00' Laguna Green TL w/ Navi, Rear Spoiler & Tint. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways, Exhaust and 17" or 18" Wheels & Tires.
Old 01-15-2001, 11:34 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
Yes the camber angles will change the more you lower the car,currently Comptech has added camber corrector kits to it's catalog for these cars.These cars do not have provisions in the suspension system to adjust for excessive camber.Jens
</font>
Jens how are you doing bud. Sorry if I can't understand the obvious but are you saying that there now is a camber correction kit for the CLS? If yes then is it necessary for all lowered CLS's or just the ones that are having EXTREME uneven tire wear? Btw my car is handling just fine.

Thanks
Rob

------------------
01 CL Type-S, White\Black\Navi\Comptech Springs+Sways\Burl Shifter\Guards\Smokers Package
Old 01-15-2001, 11:36 PM
Burning Brakes

</font>
Jens how are you doing bud. Sorry if I can't understand the obvious but are you saying that there now is a camber correction kit for the CLS? If yes then is it necessary for all lowered CLS's or just the ones that are having EXTREME uneven tire wear? Btw my car is handling just fine.

Thanks
Rob

------------------
01 CL Type-S, White\Black\Navi\Comptech Springs+Sways\Burl Shifter\Guards\Smokers Package
Old 01-16-2001, 12:16 AM
Suzuka Master

I just got my 7500 check up and an alignment done. here's what the print out said.

Left Front
Actual Before Specified Range
-.5' -.4' -1.0' 1.0' Camber
1.9' 1.9' .7' 2.7' Caster
.09' -.31' .00 0.16' Toe
--- --- --- ---- SAI
--- --- --- ---- IncludedAngle
--- --- --- ----TurningAngleDiff
Right Front
-.5' -.6' -1.0' 1.0' Camber
2.1' 2.1' .7' 2.7' Caster
.06' -.26' .00 0.16' Toe
--- --- --- ---- SAI
--- --- --- ---- IncludedAngle
--- --- --- ----TurningAngleDiff

Front
CrossCamber 0.0' 0.2' ...... .....
CrossCaster -.2' -.2' ...... .....
Total Toe .16' -.57' ...... .....

Left Rear
Camber -1.2' -1.1' -2.0' 0.0'
Toe -.13' -.03 0.0 0.16'

Right Rear
Camber -1.2' -1.3' -2.0' 0.0'
Toe -.15' -.14 0.0 0.16'

Rear
Total toe .27' -.11' 0.00' .32'
Trust Angle -0.01' -.09' .... ....

What does this all mean?
I really don't know. but I do know that they made some changes. so I would suggest that you all get an alignment done after you get your springs. my car actually drives stragiht now.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers soon now that I have a JOB again. hehe

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load.
Old 01-16-2001, 01:27 AM
Powered By HONDA

will the wheel alignment correct the chamber also..if not..then how much is the chamber corrction sold in comptech dept?? thank u

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN

typescl@yahoo.com
Old 01-16-2001, 01:30 AM
Suzuka Master

my dealer said they can't correct the camber but they'll align my car the best they can. and that the results of wat they did.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers soon now that I have a JOB again. hehe

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load.
Old 01-16-2001, 10:56 PM
retired

Hey Rob!yes Comptech has released camber correction kits for the rear suspension of CL and TL vehicles 99 and up.List is about 175 dollars.Rob your car was about two tenths of a degree out on camber on the left rear which is very minor let's keep an eye on tire wear and see how things develop should the car need something we'll take of it.Nova your dealer cannot correct camber because TL and CL vehicles do not have a provision for adjustable camber.Only toe and caster can be set in the front and only toe can be set in the rear.Typically caster is rarely in need of adjustment unless there is collision damage to the vehicle and the car was not pulled perfectly straight in the bodyshop.Rob by the way if your car is dirty and it's freezing give us a call if we are not too busy we'll run the car thru our wash rack.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 01-17-2001, 01:20 AM
Bagged hybrid

I recently had an alignment done and my camber on all 4 wheels are within specs (-1.0 to 1.0). My fronts were -0.3 and -0.4 and my rears were -0.7 and -0.4. However, my toe was quite a bit off, so an alignment is definitely needed after you install the springs.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S Satin Silver/Ebony
Debadged, PIAA Roadlamps, M-11 Turn signals, Comptech Headers, Comptech Springs, custom intake
Old 01-17-2001, 03:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slightly off topic. It wouldn't be too bad an idea (lowered springs or not) to have the suspension aligned after 6 months. The parts tend to "set" after a bit. And an alignment will save lots of money in trashed tires. Just a suggestion from experience with some of my other cars (and those of my relatives and friends).
Old 01-19-2001, 10:37 AM
Adult Supervision

Folks (Jens too),

Question on this for you on springs. It appears from all this talk and from the information which I got from a reputable shop that camber kits are almost required.

If this is the case, does anyone know that someone has a good camber kit and what the cost is?

------------------
MikeS 18 - '01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT, only 2 scratched rims
Old 01-20-2001, 10:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Hey Rob!yes Comptech has released camber correction kits for the rear suspension of CL and TL vehicles 99 and up.List is about 175 dollars.Rob your car was about two tenths of a degree out on camber on the left rear which is very minor let's keep an eye on tire wear and see how things develop should the car need something we'll take of it.Nova your dealer cannot correct camber because TL and CL vehicles do not have a provision for adjustable camber.Only toe and caster can be set in the front and only toe can be set in the rear.Typically caster is rarely in need of adjustment unless there is collision damage to the vehicle and the car was not pulled perfectly straight in the bodyshop.Rob by the way if your car is dirty and it's freezing give us a call if we are not too busy we'll run the car thru our wash rack.Jens
</font>
Jens
Glad to hear that Comptech is making that rear camber kit for the later model CL/TL's! The price you mentioned($175), is that for two kits, for both rear wheels? Not bad if you consider that front camber kits for 97 -99 CL/TL go for $100 apiece. I'm witnessing no undue tire wear so I'm not currently concerned but I was wondering if you guys received this new product info directly because Comptech's site makes no mention of camber kits for 99 on up.

Also, a very big THANKS for your offering your wash rack for my car. All of my cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws, out-laws and coworkers are now working out a wash schedule. (j/k)

I wish some of the other owners who have had bad experiences with their dealerships could enjoy the service I am experiencing. All I can say is courtesy goes both ways!

…Rob

------------------
Old 01-20-2001, 02:38 PM
retired

Rob,Comptech's newest catalog has these parts in there.Usually webpages are abit behind in product knowledge so I am not surprised to see that Comptech's webpage is not current.Just your car Rob ,just your car, my boss will kill me if you show up with the whole gang looking for a car wash.Jens

------------------
Old 01-20-2001, 02:42 PM
retired

As I understand it the price reflects a pair.That price for older CL's only reflects one adjustable control arm,you would still need a balljoint to put in it.By the way from what I have seen those adjustable front arms are a real chore to setup.Jens

------------------
Old 01-21-2001, 10:53 PM
Adult Supervision

Jens,

Is the camber kit something which can be added later if you have a camber problem or do you then have to take the whole thing apart and would have been better of putting the camber kit in when the springs where installed?

------------------
MikeS 18 - '01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT, only 2 scratched rims
Old 01-22-2001, 12:53 AM
retired

MikeS 18 installing the needed camber correction parts does not require major surgery so doing it later should not present a problem.Depending on the amount the vehicle is lowered however it will most likely save you money to go ahead and install the parts at the same time.If you are using Comptech springs I would wait and see if the camber kits are required if you are using springs from Eibach Intrax etc which lower the car more than 1 inch I would suggest installing them at the time the car is lowered.Comptech springs are conservative in their approach,I have found that cars lowered with Comptech springs remain inside the the specs only requiring toe adjustments.Jens

------------------
Old 01-22-2001, 01:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

FYI I installed springs last week and then had a Acura Dealer do the alignment, Everything needed adjustment but still came within spec, although the right rear was right on the spec limit. Try the alignment first, then get a kit if you need one.