If nos blows the engine, will acura figure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 03:49 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If nos blows the engine, will acura figure?

I have been reading around for quite some time now about FI and nos. FI though very expensive can be removed from the car just in case something happens, and there will not be any proof of abuse.
Now, does anyone have experience with a blown engine because of nos that the warranty replaced engine for free.
For example, lets say an engine blows from too much spray. You remove the system and it is clean enough that no one can tell it was there before. Would acura be able to figure it out if they open up the engine?
Old 07-04-2003, 04:38 AM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So in other words, you want to stiff someone else for the result of your abuse and not do the ethical thing and own up to your own irresponsibility. This is the kind of irresponsibility and dishonesty that makes this a cynical world.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:51 AM
Working with Lumberg.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by cls6sp03
So in other words, you want to stiff someone else for the result of your abuse and not do the ethical thing and own up to your own irresponsibility. This is the kind of irresponsibility and dishonesty that makes this a cynical world.
Coudn't agree more...
Old 07-04-2003, 07:12 AM
Pro

like they say your going to play your going to pay life is a gamble and if your gonna mod then think of future issues down the road and deal with them.thats the way life goes!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 08:04 AM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

Ahhh NO!
Old 07-04-2003, 08:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: If nos blows the engine, will acura figure?

Originally posted by power3dfx
I have been reading around for quite some time now about FI and nos. FI though very expensive can be removed from the car just in case something happens, and there will not be any proof of abuse.
Now, does anyone have experience with a blown engine because of nos that the warranty replaced engine for free.
For example, lets say an engine blows from too much spray. You remove the system and it is clean enough that no one can tell it was there before. Would acura be able to figure it out if they open up the engine?
For Pete's sake .. answer his fricken question ..

Probably. They probably will figure. I figure it this way .. the engine is couple to an automatic tranny (if you're talkin' CL-S auto) .. and the auto won't let it rev past the redline, thus the engine couldn't generate nearly enough heat to destroy pistons or camshafts,etc.

W/ NOS .. you ARE allowed to develop extreme amounts of power under the rev-limit .. thus, potentially destroying key engine parts...

So, yes, my opinion is that they WOULD be able to tell.. Just be careful.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:37 AM
Honkey

My buddy blew up the motor on his G20 and they covered it...he just plead ignorant.

-Aaron
Old 07-04-2003, 11:42 AM
on bin laden

isn't there something in the nitrous oxide that the sell for automobile use that colors the internals of the engine yellow?
Old 07-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Burning Brakes

it changes color makes internal parts very clean
Old 07-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if you know what your doing i doubt they'll find out. even if they do it'll be hard to prove it.

a friend killed his EL (canadas civic) by spraying, he rolled back the odo a bit to be in warranty, after taking a few weeks for acura to decide and managers looking at the car, acura fixed it
Old 07-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It doesn't change color... although if the car runs lean (and hence burns something)... it will be white'ish and very clean inside the combustion-chamber. When Honda does all the diagnostics, they will find out that the Fuel Injection system is working properly along with the ECU.. and hence you can't run lean - if you have ANY MODS on the car... they will never fix anything... even if its stock they probaby wont. If the rod flings out and cracks the block... they will ask you "Did it make any sound for a week or so before this happened?" You will say.. "duh.. .I don't know". They will say 'fuck you'!

If you mod your car... be prepared to fix it or pay to fix it... plain and simple. Don't screw the dealer and make them pass those costs onto me!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 02:34 PM
PACDAT

exactly what allmotor said. I dont think engines blow up out of the blue... Something must have been done. If the dealer fixes it at no cost, then that person is very lucky.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hellas
he rolled back the odo a bit to be in warranty
I'm not sure how your friend got away with that...My understanding is that the majority of cars built in the last decade have their odometer mileage stored in the ECU. It's no longer a physical device that can be rolled back (even in cars with analog read-out).

Not to mention that the odometer mileage is now checked during inspections, smog checks, and other repair service and this number gets reported to the state (and gets attached to the car's title documentation). Look at a CARFAX readout -- they check for suspicious odometer readings.

People should not roll back their odometer -- very naughty!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
also u guys have 2 rmbr, scams/taking advantage of a company i.e. insurance/auto manufacturer usually means the buyer of a future product/service from that company must pay higher prices
Old 07-04-2003, 09:03 PM

note to everyone:
i did not mean i am planning on doing nos. i only asked the question for own personal knowledge. as i told allmotor, i will be FI soon, and i am well aware of the consequences. if engine blows, i wont hold it against the dealer or acura. thats a risk that i will take because of modding.
come on guys, cool down a bit!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Racer

Thanks to our ECU, our OBDII ECU do store all the info of the car... such as your throttle, and rev graph.... lets me, if NOS blow your engine up, thats mean you were probally racing or at least rev... and since the engine is blown, thats probally the last rev that the computer store.... they can plugin the dignostic thingy into your ECU, and it will tell them you have sudden increase in rev, and abnormal fuel and combustion... its like a duh, the engine just dont rev twice as fast if theres not force induction.
Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 PM

laser, thats some good info!!!
i just wish they would put some more thought into the auto tranny!
Old 07-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by power3dfx
i will be FI soon, and i am well aware of the consequences. if engine blows, i wont hold it against the dealer or acura.
If you want Forced Induction then why not go comptech and have your dealer, or one in your state who wants your business, install and warrenty it for you? I would take it right back to the dealer and would ask that they give a decent loaner.