I Wrecked my CLS

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Wrecked my CLS

I hate Atlanta traffic!! One second you are doing 50 mph or so and out of no where some jackass 5 cars up slams the brake.........Unfortunately, I must have been catching up on some sleep from the night before, and well I did not stop quite fast enough. BAM!! I hit this junky F-150 96' in front of me. This was my first wreck ever and I just moved ot this area from TN. The cop let me off with a warning thankfully. Anyway...I just got my car back and it just doesn't feel the same. I am really concerned that with Acura's great care and wisdome in building there cars something was missed in the repair that may be crucial down the road. The day the body shop called for me to pick up my car they called me back a few hours later saying that something may be wrong with the transmission. The shop manager stated that it felt like the emergency break was on while driving. He took it to Honda, which said they could do nothing to fix the car. The manager then drove it to the Acura shop who later stated it was a faulty clutch hose thingy ma-jig. They said it needed to be changed out, and that it got clogged up or something. Needless to say I am scared of this hole clutch thingy fix!! Can anyone think of anyhting else that I may need to watch for. I have a while before I can no longer say anything else is wrong with the car. BTW, I was a little disapointed with the repair. The car has much more uneven gaps now along the seams between the hood and fender, and well it just sucks! Thanks for the help A-CL folks!!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
damn, at least youre ok man
Old 09-11-2004, 09:57 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn, i am sorry bro

i was in a similar situation, i took my car to the best collision in the state and so far the car is driving just as good pre-accident

anything that goes wrong should be warrantied by your collision

good luck
Old 09-11-2004, 10:38 PM
I NEED MONEY!

i hear ya i hate it too, i was driving through it today! What road did you get into an accident?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by VeeralS05
i hear ya i hate it too, i was driving through it today! What road did you get into an accident?
Well, what really sucks is it was on the north end of 85 going south. The wierd thing was that my front end was smashed all to hell, but the F-150 looked just as it did before the accident (no damage really). What was really sick, is the fact that I was headed to Airport and I tried to leave early enough so I wouldn't hit any traffic. Thats irony for you!! I am just really concerned about this tranny issue. The repair shop tried to say that the wreck did not cause the problem, and that it should be repaired under warranty. Lets see...no tranny problems...wreck...tranny problems... I would say that the wreck was definitely a cause for all the problems. I just signed on with Liberty Mutual when I oved down here a month ago. Oh man.. I hope they don't cancel me. Oh well...I am really upside down on my car loan now..at least in GA they give you a depreciation check for loss in value...a wopping $300. That should cover it...LOL - My car is now worth $12,000 probably..
Old 09-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IceColdCL
Well, what really sucks is it was on the north end of 85 going south. The wierd thing was that my front end was smashed all to hell, but the F-150 looked just as it did before the accident (no damage really). ...
Steel bumper and frame 2.5 feet above the ground wins everytime. Some woman just totaled her car rear-ending my brother's truck. His receiver hitch made it to her engine block, through her bumper, grill, hood, and radiator. I hope everything works out with your car.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Sorry to hear.

Glad to hear you're alright though.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:02 AM
I NEED MONEY!

ouch thats a biatch!
Old 09-12-2004, 11:11 AM
M to da DZ

Trust me i hate atlanta traffic too. I'm scerrrd my tranny is going to go somewhere on 85 in downtown during heavy traffic. If that happens, there's no way in hell i can avoid an accident. all the people from atlanta (icecoldcl and veeral) know that there's about 1 car length in between cars and we're all going 70+.

one time my legend broke down on 85 north just past where 75 and 85 split. i was just driving along and all of a sudden my guages lit up like christmas and my car slowed down to a stop. i can't believe i didn't get hit in that instance. i couldn't start my car up or anything so the HERO units had to come and bump me across the interstate to the emergency lane. scary shit i'm tellin ya...
Old 09-12-2004, 11:16 AM
I NEED MONEY!

yeah, atlanta traffic must be one of the worst in the nation...mainly because the population keeps growing and the city isnt expanding their roads as fast as the people are entering the state. We have endless amounts of road work through out atlanta and the surrounding cities.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:35 AM
M to da DZ

tell me bout it, someone at my work lives off ponce, like 7 miles east of the office in downtown and it took her 2 hours to get to work one day last week, friggin ridiculous!
Old 09-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VeeralS05
yeah, atlanta traffic must be one of the worst in the nation...mainly because the population keeps growing and the city isnt expanding their roads as fast as the people are entering the state. We have endless amounts of road work through out atlanta and the surrounding cities.

I was watching to news and apperantly the BAY AREA, CA residents spend the MOST AMOUNT OF TIME on the road.

2nd largest congestion belongs to Los Angeles, CA.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
didnt u just get the car dude?
Old 09-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CLean B
didnt u just get the car dude?
I don't know if you are asking me or someone else, but I have had the car almost a year. I got it last December I believe. I spent a good bit of time today cleaning and inspecting everything exterior and interior. It is amazing how much I may or may not have seen before the wreck and just now noticing. There a few things that were a little wrong, but not sure if they were from the wreck or something I have just been overlooking all this time. All of the sudden my rear window defroster doesn't work. Doesn't make sense with it being a front end collision. The car idles a little more rough now than before. When I hit the gas in neutral and let off it sounds a little funny. I hope that it is just the intake making that noise. Oh man....this sucks. I should have just slept in that day. Thanks for eveyone's input...I guess you are right..at least I am OK.

Transmission....I am still not sure exactly what was done to fix the so-called problem noted by the reapir shop.. Something about a clutch hose that was clogged. I am going to call the Acura shop that my car was taking to fix the problem tomorrow and hopefully get some details. I am just glad to have my baby back home...
Old 09-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Instructor

unfortunately they're NEVER the same after they're wrecked. in your case all you could do was let the insurance $$$$ fix it. but based on the extent of the damage you should look to replace the car as soon as you can. you'll continue to have problems as time goes on. they start out as little problems but get bigger each time. it's just due to having severe damage. the thing just doesn't go back togther the same. you're better off to dump it and move on.

bummer.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Banned

Is it just me or do us CLer's have more problems then any other drivers? Whether it be an accident or some other kind of problems with this car
Old 09-13-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm a reader not a writer

I feel your pain...

Acutally I was hit from behind by a retired man who did not notice that we had stopped. To say the least I had body work done on two cars at two different body shops in Atlanta and neither did a great job. I am just happy to be out of there! How do you know if a person you meet in Atlanta is from there????? They have or know someone who has flipped there car on its hood. Don't ask....I have seen several of them in my four years there. And for the guy who thinks we all have problems with our cars.... I love my CL, except for the cheap rotors I can't complain. Actually come to think about....I have had my front bumper fixed once for hitting a wolf or coyote in Tenn. and recently had a truck tire hit my front bumper again in AZ.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Advanced

You know it is funny Goldenchild...I have only been living here a couple of months and have seen 2 cars involved in wrecks which involved one of the cars flipping over on its hood. I find it amazing that a place where traffic sucks the worse can have so many wrecks involving cars flipping over. God only knows what would happen if I ever had the chance to drive through ATL where the traffic wasn't bumper to bumper. Hell I might flip my poor CL over on its soft fragile hood. NAH... Plus my CL is now worth oh....$12,000 if I am lucky on a beautiful sunny day, now that it has been wrecked..What really sucks is that if I wanted to get rid of it I couldn't..I owe too much on it still.... Damn this sucks ass.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm a reader not a writer

I knew ten people from Georgia who were involved in accidents or were related to someone who flipped their car over. I use to drive form Mid-town to Lawrenceville and saw a couple of flipped cars, thankfully I never was involved in one or witnessed one. I did witness one lady run her car off the road. The road was winding, as most of them do, and she drove straight into a tree! When we pulled her and her family out, she said that she was showing her kids the "big trees". Unfortunatly she failed to that the tree was coming at her. Everyone was safe but she was histerical. Just be carefull and watch out for the kamikaze three lane changers!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
sorry to hear that...i know how u feel bro. same shit happen to me a few month back
Old 09-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Instructor

My tranny died on GA400, northbound, left lane past I285, in rush hour on a Friday. What a nightmare that was.