i thought this was for CL enthusiasts

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 07:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought this was for CL enthusiasts

I just think it's kind of funny that half the messages I read are about how bad you guys hate you're CL's I don't care what you drive but there will always be something bigger better faster etc. If you guys like M3's and S4's so much go lay down 40-55 thousand dollars and buy one. I keep seeing "M3's are faster", "I got beat by an S4", "there is no support from the aftermarket, Honda, Acura, or anybody else". Every single one of you went to the dealership, took a test drive, decided that you liked the CL (hopefully in type-S trim), and layed down your money. Nobody forced you to buy you're damn car. Once you made the purchase, you got used to it over time and your car isn't as exciting as it was at first. that's no reason to bash the car. It's still the same great car you bought to begin with. You don't meet a girl, date her for a while, get married, then hate her because you see a girl that's a damn supermodel. In that aspect cars are a little like women, ya I'd like to have a new M3 or S4 just like I'de like to have Pamela Anderson and Heidi Klum. Those things are just not really accessable to some of us. So just take it down a notch or two and be happy with it. You all got 260hp and an option list that would make anything in the 30-32K thousand dollar range cry with jealousy. The CL-S is a fantastic car. An automobile enthusiast won't hate their car because there is something better out there. You all bought awesome cars, how about making the best out of you're purchase and stop worrying about what else is out there.

By the way. If it's about what other people think, I guarentee I get more "I love that color" and "nice car"'s in my gold type-S then anybody in a 32 thousand dollar bimmer. Goddamn I love my car.
Old 07-28-2001, 07:39 PM
- daemonichris -

Amen!
Old 07-28-2001, 07:48 PM
Race Director

i dont think anyone here hates their cars, yes this is an enthuisiast site, but we are just discussing our cars, i bet you 95% of the people here, do not regret getting the CL-S, and they would do it again..
Old 07-28-2001, 10:14 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
To quote someone:

Originally posted by blxmjx:
Bro, maybe next time you can have someone proofread your letter. I briefly read the letter and counted at least six misspellings. It would add a higher level of legitimacy and professionalism to your inquiry. IMHO
Hehehe
Old 07-28-2001, 10:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by charliemike:
<STRONG>To quote someone:

Hehehe </STRONG>
ah im not sure the reference here but...i do notice sometimes that some people have too much time on there hands...not in the case blxmjx was refering to in the topic where he mentioned it because it was very applicable there but if you're sayin the guy who started this thread had alot or any speeling errors ...i really only hope to understand what someone is writing and dont care at all if it's gramatically correct or spelled right.i want only to get the point.

now on the topic, most of the frustration comes with having such a wonderfull, value filled car ,with so much potential .yet so little aftermarket support to exploite that potential.It's because we're enthusiasts that our frustration is so great .

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: typeR ]
Old 07-28-2001, 10:22 PM
Adult Supervision

Let us review:

You're is short for You are.

Your is the possessive of You.

It's is short for It is.

Its is the possessive.

You buy insurance to ensure that you do not lose you money when you run over old hispanic bag ladies running across the road.

What have I missed?

OBTW, I love my car but I like to complain about things...like you're spelling

(just checking to see if your paying attention. )
Old 07-28-2001, 10:29 PM
Kill the Chicken heads

hell ya i would take an M3, not an S4 tho. But i love my car!! its fun and faster than your car and always will be.
Old 07-28-2001, 10:36 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great post VTEC, i'm with you. I looked at alot of cars before i drove my CL-S, and as soon as i drove off the lot i knew. It's even better now.
Old 07-29-2001, 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

sing it bro!!!
Old 07-29-2001, 01:08 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
I think most of us love our cars, people
just want to love them MORE. :P

And I think almost everyone here realizes that the CL-S is one of the best bangs for the buck around. Drooling over a different car doesn't make us like our cars less.
Old 07-29-2001, 01:09 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: ChodTheWacko ]
Old 07-29-2001, 01:28 AM
Advanced

Good point. The grass is always greener (and $10-20K more expensive) on the other side!
Old 07-29-2001, 01:47 AM
I love my CL-S

Dude..not everyone hates their CL-S..not even half of the cl people..like you said on ur post.next time read more posts when you post shit like this

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS ]

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS ]
Old 07-29-2001, 05:34 AM
Instructor

hold on a minute. I didn't mean to say that everybody hates there cars or even half of the people here. It's just a few and I took notice. didn't mean to sound like an ass. I do understand about the aftermarket frustration but I also understand why the aftermarket isn't giving us much. even though we bought our cars for the perfomance and want to mod them most of the CL-S buyers are forty somethings who bought them for the already excellent stock performance and would never hear of modifying their cars, so the demand is not great enough to support R&D. didn't mean to piss anybody off.

Also, I'm new here and am not about to read through messages from weeks or even days ago to try and find an answer to some questions I might have. If it really pisses you off so bad that I say something that has already been said sometime ago, then by all means you don't have to answer. I'm just here to talk about my car and hopefully learn more about it.

Annd bye tha wey, eye didnt rite mye lettr too bee posted in sum newspaper. if eye didnt spel some schit write sow tha fuk whhut, u gott mi dam point right
Old 07-29-2001, 06:06 AM
Instructor

oh and by the way. don't take any offence to the forty something remark. I didn't say all forty year old people don't want to modify their cars
Old 07-29-2001, 07:48 AM
Retired Post Whore

I love my car and I never bash my car! This is my first Honda that I ever owned, so far I love this vehicle.
Old 07-29-2001, 01:45 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 632 Likes on 281 Posts
I love my car, it's the best package I could hope to have to the money I have spent...
I would sell my Porsche 911 Twin Turbo b4 I would part with my CL-S...that's the truth!
Old 07-29-2001, 03:08 PM
Instructor

nice car astro. my father has a '97 turbo S
Old 07-30-2001, 02:12 PM
ACME sucks!

At least most of the people on this board are honest and express specific problems they are having. Most of the auto enthusiast boards, especially Lexus ones, do nothing but bash other cars and praise their own.... they seem to never discuss the problems they're having, and ALL CARS HAVE PROBLEMS.

I have learned so much from this board, about Acuras and other cars. The only thing I don't like about this board is all the hype about so-and-so is doing this and so-and-so is doing that. This stuff seems to always cause some type of bashing and/or solicites trolls to enter the room.
Old 07-30-2001, 02:18 PM
Retired Post Whore

Originally posted by Wyle Coyote:
I have learned so much from this board, about Acuras and other cars. The only thing I don't like about this board is all the hype about so-and-so is doing this and so-and-so is doing that. This stuff seems to always cause some type of bashing and/or solicites trolls to enter the room.
Very good point about bragging about the mods on the board! It gets annoying sometimes!
Old 07-30-2001, 03:45 PM
magnet

Originally posted by VTECnology:
<STRONG>I just think it's kind of funny that half the messages I read are about how bad you guys hate you're CL's I don't care what you drive but there will always be something bigger better faster etc. If you guys like M3's and S4's so much go lay down 40-55 thousand dollars and buy one. I keep seeing "M3's are faster", "I got beat by an S4", "there is no support from the aftermarket, Honda, Acura, or anybody else". Every single one of you went to the dealership, took a test drive, decided that you liked the CL (hopefully in type-S trim), and layed down your money. Nobody forced you to buy you're damn car. Once you made the purchase, you got used to it over time and your car isn't as exciting as it was at first. that's no reason to bash the car. It's still the same great car you bought to begin with. You don't meet a girl, date her for a while, get married, then hate her because you see a girl that's a damn supermodel. In that aspect cars are a little like women, ya I'd like to have a new M3 or S4 just like I'de like to have Pamela Anderson and Heidi Klum. Those things are just not really accessable to some of us. So just take it down a notch or two and be happy with it. You all got 260hp and an option list that would make anything in the 30-32K thousand dollar range cry with jealousy. The CL-S is a fantastic car. An automobile enthusiast won't hate their car because there is something better out there. You all bought awesome cars, how about making the best out of you're purchase and stop worrying about what else is out there.

By the way. If it's about what other people think, I guarentee I get more "I love that color" and "nice car"'s in my gold type-S then anybody in a 32 thousand dollar bimmer. Goddamn I love my car. </STRONG>
what are you talking about almost evryone loves their car in this forum yeah some people have been having tranny problems and there a little mad but wouldnt you if your tranny started acting up.............i love my car and evrybody here know i like my car look at all the shit ive done to it..........its a great car for the price no doubt about that and as for the m3's and s4's they are great cars to its just some of the owners that post here are pricks.............
Old 07-30-2001, 04:03 PM
Banned

I got a $32k bimmer and also get lots of compliments
Old 07-30-2001, 07:41 PM
magnet

this is one of the guys im talking about j/k sins i mean damaged :p
Old 07-30-2001, 07:46 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by MikeS 18:
<STRONG>Let us review:

You're is short for You are.

Your is the possessive of You.

It's is short for It is.

Its is the possessive.

You buy insurance to ensure that you do not lose you money when you run over old hispanic bag ladies running across the road.

What have I missed?

OBTW, I love my car but I like to complain about things...like you're spelling

(just checking to see if your paying attention. )</STRONG>
Ok, all other things aside, that was funny.

Old 07-30-2001, 07:49 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by Astroboy:
<STRONG>I love my car, it's the best package I could hope to have to the money I have spent...
I would sell my Porsche 911 Twin Turbo b4 I would part with my CL-S...that's the truth!</STRONG>
Well if you ever decide you could love 2 CL-Ss, I'll trade you mine for the Porsche.

But seriously, I don't think anyone here hates their CL, they just complain and discuss the things they'd like to improve upon or customize. I still think that this car is the best value for the money, but of course I hate the fact that my tranny gave out without even hitting 12K miles, so I bitch and complain about it.