i think my car is totaled...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jimcol711
this whole thing seems VERY fishy. some kid "trying to race" in an RSX does not cause this....no one is dumb enough to PURPOSELY ram their RSX into a CL-S while trying to win a race. it just doesnt happen. there is alot more to this than the author of this thread, and the owner of the fucked up CL-S is telling us. i think its painfully obvious that they were racing, probably around turns, and forgot that they werent in F-1 cars...then lost control and both crashed. good luck getting insurance on ANY vehicle after this fiasco!
Not even Formula 1 is safe with Ralf Schumacher in one of the cars.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:11 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
It sucks about your car, but how does one have his or her car totaled by someone “trying to race you”.

Me being "Mr. Insurance Man", I'll throw you some advice: Better get your story straight in a hurry...
You might want to find that policy they mailed you about 6 months ago as well. 99% of them have a clause in them denying BOTH Liability and Collision coverage when you are STREET RACING.

Whether you are telling the truth or not here or in general doesn't matter at this point. The seed of doubt is already in the air and you can be sure it will be investigated unless your adjuster is a moron (but sometimes we play the part of the moron to get the info we need)...
Old 08-18-2003, 09:16 AM
whoXwanXsum

i once crashed into a guy while we were racing around a turn ( freeway change ). i felt like a fucking idiot! i tried to pass him on the outside lane doing like 95mph....lost my rear end and hit his side.... thank god nobody got hurt.

sorry about your loss.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you are OK. Sorry about the car. Those pics are awful. It is good trees were the only thing killed.

I would use/say the words 'race' and 'racing' when talking about this. Keep it simple ... the other driver hit you. Let them explain why.

I was not there, so I won't pass judgement. But, I think you car is

Old 08-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Man that sucks... glad you're OK. I'm not going to rip you for street racing as that's already been done. I'll just offer you luck getting any money from insurance....
Old 08-18-2003, 03:42 PM
www.WeDontDrink.com

Originally posted by jimcol711
this whole thing seems VERY fishy. some kid "trying to race" in an RSX does not cause this....no one is dumb enough to PURPOSELY ram their RSX into a CL-S while trying to win a race. it just doesnt happen. there is alot more to this than the author of this thread, and the owner of the fucked up CL-S is telling us. i think its painfully obvious that they were racing, probably around turns, and forgot that they werent in F-1 cars...then lost control and both crashed. good luck getting insurance on ANY vehicle after this fiasco!
first, thanks for your support.

second, the kid pulled out from somewhere and was trying to catch up to me, was goin to fast around a turn, lost control, must have tried to compensate and slammed into the passenger side of me - where the main impact was as you can see in the pics, this caused me to spin around and hit a tree backwards.

i am not trying to explain myself, but i really wasnt racing or driving stupid, and it sucks that people like you assume the negative.

everyone else, thanks for your concern, they are saying the car is totaled and i am beginning the new car search.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:57 PM
Oh...Behave!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BrendanCL TypeS
first, thanks for your support.

second, the kid pulled out from somewhere and was trying to catch up to me, was goin to fast around a turn, lost control, must have tried to compensate and slammed into the passenger side of me - where the main impact was as you can see in the pics, this caused me to spin around and hit a tree backwards.

i am not trying to explain myself, but i really wasnt racing or driving stupid, and it sucks that people like you assume the negative.

everyone else, thanks for your concern, they are saying the car is totaled and i am beginning the new car search.
I can totally see how that happened!

...I think IF you had explained the WAY it happened AT FIRST, instead of saying, "a kid was trying to race me" WITHOUT an explanation, people would NOT have thought negatively! Since you didn't give any details, it SEEMED like you were covering up that you BOTH were racing

So, you gonna get another CL, or going to something else???
Old 08-18-2003, 11:11 PM
AWD Torque Monster

glad u r ok. i would love to buy ur steering wheel and airbag