I NEED HELP in locating my next ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I NEED HELP in locating my next ride!!!

Guys and Gals: I am a happy owner of a 2003 CLS6 speeder, satin silver, non navi. Without getting into details, I MUST replace my car with 10,800 miles on it, and I do not have so much as a door bang in the car. I do have a depression in the sheet metal on the trunk top, about 3" before the trunk begins the downward curve where the acura logo and name appear. The depression is in the dead center. Any paintless dent remover can easily cure this I believe.

I require a 2003 (I would consider a used one, but I really want new) 2003 CLS 6 speed, anthricite/ebony (I will not take a parchment interior). I would accept the car with or without a spoiler.

I would also (begrudgingly accept) a black/black car (black is such a bitch to keep up.)

If you are interested in my car for yourself, one non negotiable condition: I keep my wheels, tires, and wheel locks.

If you site either of these two, new cars, or a used one with VERY LOW MILES IN PERFECT CONDITION, please reply to me. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Dave.... Can't the dealer locate you a Anthricite/Black NAVI car???
Old 06-06-2003, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by Scrib
Dave.... Can't the dealer locate you a Anthricite/Black NAVI car???

Production hasn't stopped yet. Call some dealerships.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
wouldnt it be cheaper for a paint job and an aftermarket navi?

If not.. then yea just call around.. im sure someone woul have it on the lot
Old 06-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Dude- here ya go:

The Color you want, but it doest have Navi.....you can get it aftermarket....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=5332
Old 06-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Some more I found, these are "used" If you look for "NEW" there are a bunch of choices as well......you'll have to sit down and go through all of them, way more choices then used.

This one is Anthracite MT AND has NAVI:

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...r=&cardist=592

The rest of these are also Anthracite (MT), some have Navi, and some it's not listed.

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...=&cardist=1210

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...=&cardist=1761

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...r=&cardist=828

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...r=&cardist=778

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...r=&cardist=627

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...r=&cardist=789

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...r=&cardist=468
Old 06-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Drifting

I'll answer these one at a time. Scrib: Woodfield Acura is looking hard.

TypeS: I have told the dealer not to limit his search to Chicago. I will soon be in Indy, Cincy, Columbus, Dayton. I dont care where I get the car.

Sellout: I would NEVER accept ANY car that had been painted, even perfectly, on the exterior only! It's a personal thing. As I paint for a living, I want to see every surface, painted inside and out, perfectly, in a homogenious color. This means we have to paint the door hinges (which are greased), in all the same color. It becomes too much hassel. Remove the engine, to paint the engine bay. NO WAY!

You are not incorrect in your thought, as I had the samo one. I concluded, it would be cheaper to buy a new car with the factory paint job. By far. But at this time and mileage (7 mo, 11,000), I am sure I will get reemed. If so, no deal.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
i hear ya
Old 06-06-2003, 08:25 PM
It's easier to bleed

I have a totally mint and stock non-navi Anthracite/Ebony that I am thinking about selling because I finally found what I really wanted - a 6spd Legend coupe. I just bought a Legend sedan as well because I refuse to use either the Legend coupe or the CLS as a daily driver. Problem is I don't think I can afford to keep all three.

The CLS has 7200 miles on it and I broke it in by the book. Two books actually - one I bought back in 1995 and another I got just before taking delivery of the CLS last April with 8 miles on it. I didn't even put anything but warm water to it for the first 6 months because the paint actually has not cured till that long. I stored it this winter and over inflated the tires a little to avoid flat spotting and took it once every 5-6 weeks when the roads were clear so the seals would not dry out. I have driven it WOT only three times and then only because I thought I should - I am 42 so it goes against my nature. It has not sat out in the sun - garaged in the summer as well at home.

I don't drive it to malls or even to work because I could not deal with a door ding. I want to keep it so that in 10 years or so I will have a mint CLS with less than 20 k on it but I am thinking about selling because of the money and also because my Legend coupe is outside and I want it in the garage. I hold the title - no loan.

I will be in Medina Ohio June 14th & 15th visiting a friend. I wasn't planning on taking the CLS but I could if you would be in the area and would like to look at it. I could actually sell it and get a ride back home from my roomate - we are taking seperate cars.

I think that right now is a good time to buy but not a good time to sell. There are still new ones on dealer lots that they are discounting. Once the supply has been exhausted the price should rebound a bit. It happened with the Integra as well and resale prices are quite normal for a Honda/Acura product now. I would suggest that you buy a new one if you can find it given the discounts but if you can't come see me - you will not find one that has been better cared for and maintained.

PM me or reply to this thread if you are interested. Please keep in mind that I have not fully committed yet to the idea of parting with it.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Balla on a Budget

Originally posted by synth19
Dude- here ya go:

The Color you want, but it doest have Navi.....you can get it aftermarket....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=5332
Hey guys i saw this a couple days ago, what is "Weird" to me is that Look at pix #15 and #16! Why are the CL-S logos on the left side, and then the right?
Old 06-07-2003, 01:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by dual6spd'r
I have a totally mint and stock non-navi Anthracite/Ebony that I am thinking about selling because I finally found what I really wanted - a 6spd Legend coupe. I just bought a Legend sedan as well because I refuse to use either the Legend coupe or the CLS as a daily driver. Problem is I don't think I can afford to keep all three.

The CLS has 7200 miles on it and I broke it in by the book. Two books actually - one I bought back in 1995 and another I got just before taking delivery of the CLS last April with 8 miles on it. I didn't even put anything but warm water to it for the first 6 months because the paint actually has not cured till that long. I stored it this winter and over inflated the tires a little to avoid flat spotting and took it once every 5-6 weeks when the roads were clear so the seals would not dry out. I have driven it WOT only three times and then only because I thought I should - I am 42 so it goes against my nature. It has not sat out in the sun - garaged in the summer as well at home.

I don't drive it to malls or even to work because I could not deal with a door ding. I want to keep it so that in 10 years or so I will have a mint CLS with less than 20 k on it but I am thinking about selling because of the money and also because my Legend coupe is outside and I want it in the garage. I hold the title - no loan.

I will be in Medina Ohio June 14th & 15th visiting a friend. I wasn't planning on taking the CLS but I could if you would be in the area and would like to look at it. I could actually sell it and get a ride back home from my roomate - we are taking seperate cars.

I think that right now is a good time to buy but not a good time to sell. There are still new ones on dealer lots that they are discounting. Once the supply has been exhausted the price should rebound a bit. It happened with the Integra as well and resale prices are quite normal for a Honda/Acura product now. I would suggest that you buy a new one if you can find it given the discounts but if you can't come see me - you will not find one that has been better cared for and maintained.

PM me or reply to this thread if you are interested. Please keep in mind that I have not fully committed yet to the idea of parting with it.
well...as much as i luv my car...its a honda, not a ferrari...20k miles after 10 years? the car is made to be driven...not collected...you'd be better off investing that money in stocks or bonds...
Old 06-07-2003, 01:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by ktgumbo
Hey guys i saw this a couple days ago, what is "Weird" to me is that Look at pix #15 and #16! Why are the CL-S logos on the left side, and then the right?
lol thats funny...all the writing on the car and the billboard is reversed...or either the film was reversed when exposing the photo paper...or something with the digital camera...
Old 06-07-2003, 12:07 PM
It's easier to bleed

Originally posted by bkknight369
well...as much as i luv my car...its a honda, not a ferrari...20k miles after 10 years? the car is made to be driven...not collected...you'd be better off investing that money in stocks or bonds...
It is but that is too boring for all of it. So some of it is in cars, maybe a little too much. Not an investment vechicle I know but it brings me great pleasure. What can I say - I love Honda's and Acura's like some love Ferrari's
Old 06-07-2003, 03:44 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I don't see Navi mentioned but I assume he wants a 6speed Anthracite Navi. I wanted that too but was not willing to pay the high price to give up my white 03 6 speed. I decided it was not worth spending any more money and I got my 03 for $27,5k.

I realize now I don't like any of the colors of the stock CLS that much. White or black are good if you want those colors. I would have loved a more metallic or brighter silver or a medium gray metallic between the anthracite and the silver. I think BMW has some great colors in the metallics.
If the poster is so specific about color I would repaint into a really great color, the stock colors are nothing special compared to what else is out there. Even the white and the black could have been a pearl or a metallic. The red was an off shade too. Acura used cheaper colors IMO. But I agree too about repainting a car.

My preference would be a gray metallic about 2-3 shades lighter than the anthracite, cause it's a little too dark to show details.
Black is the only classic stock color IMO. White could be classic but it looks like an Accord.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Pro

Originally posted by bkknight369
lol thats funny...all the writing on the car and the billboard is reversed...or either the film was reversed when exposing the photo paper...or something with the digital camera...
Digital camera. You can load it into any photo program and do a flip L-R on it.

I like how all the letter on the trunk and everything is backwards. Someone should really proof the ad before it hits the web.
Old 06-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Drifting

Dual: Thanks for the offer, but no. Ironically, beginning 6/23, I will be living 5 days a week in Hillsboro Ohio supervising a powder coating production line startup for four months. I am not crazy enough to take a multi thousand dollar hit over color only (if I was dealing with a dealer), but I am nucking futs enough to trade for the color AND a navi. Believe it or not, I want to trade the silver car for anthricite so I can match the car to my newly powder coated wheels! I know, nuts! I can't post picks, but smitty, scrib and I think crazy sellout have a pic of my wheels. If one of them reads this, and is kind enough to post a pic, my logic will become crystal clear to you. If they don't, visit www.goodrichtechnology.com and look at the black pearl, but still chrome wheels. You'll see what I mean. Thanks again, anyway.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:42 PM
It's easier to bleed

Originally posted by dfreder370
Dual: Thanks for the offer, but no. Ironically, beginning 6/23, I will be living 5 days a week in Hillsboro Ohio supervising a powder coating production line startup for four months. I am not crazy enough to take a multi thousand dollar hit over color only (if I was dealing with a dealer), but I am nucking futs enough to trade for the color AND a navi. Believe it or not, I want to trade the silver car for anthricite so I can match the car to my newly powder coated wheels! I know, nuts! I can't post picks, but smitty, scrib and I think crazy sellout have a pic of my wheels. If one of them reads this, and is kind enough to post a pic, my logic will become crystal clear to you. If they don't, visit www.goodrichtechnology.com and look at the black pearl, but still chrome wheels. You'll see what I mean. Thanks again, anyway.
You're not nuts - that finish is beautiful and would look amazing with the anthracite. If I keep the car I would like to do the same.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Daily Driver

Originally posted by 123456SPEED
I realize now I don't like any of the colors of the stock CLS that much. White or black are good if you want those colors. I would have loved a more metallic or brighter silver or a medium gray metallic between the anthracite and the silver. I think BMW has some great colors in the metallics.
If the poster is so specific about color I would repaint into a really great color, the stock colors are nothing special compared to what else is out there. Even the white and the black could have been a pearl or a metallic. The red was an off shade too. Acura used cheaper colors IMO. But I agree too about repainting a car.

My preference would be a gray metallic about 2-3 shades lighter than the anthracite, cause it's a little too dark to show details.
Black is the only classic stock color IMO. White could be classic but it looks like an Accord.
You know, I wasn't all that into some of the colors that Acura offers, but I'm quite fond of the Aegean Blue Pearl on mine - I've gotten a ton of compliments on it, and with a bit of Zaino it looks rather smooth. I'm not a fan of white cars in general, just a personal opinion, so that biases me towards your issues with your white CLS6.

Entirely randomly, I caught up with an old high school buddy who rebuilte an older Vette, and he's repainting it an Acura color, Indigo Blue Pearl. He's a total car guy, and of all the colors he coulda gotten, he chose an Acura color (specifically an RL color), so Acura colors couldn't be all bad. To each their own, I guess. I've yet to see an Anthracite in person, but it seems like it'd be sweet, and the Nighthawk Black Pearl is another rather good one...

Dave - which finish would your recommend to go with Aegean Blue? As I recall your powder-coating shop is in Pittsburg, CA, fairly near me. I'd definitely think about doing that if I could get the $$$ together and found the right finish.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Drifting

MY powder coating shop is in glenview, Il. But if you want to have the wheel finish I have, contact gary goodrich at www.goodrichtechnology.com Four wheels will cost you $500. Way cheaper than traditional chrome.