I got my roadlamps and factory TL switch.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 04:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my roadlamps and factory TL switch.....

Now I need to know about what I need to wire these up, since I have NO wiring. Was hoping some of you could help me with that? Thanks.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Instructor

umm. just standard wiring?

run a power line with an inline fuse either from your IGN on the fuse block or straight from the battery to your switch.. then to your lights.. If you go to IGN then you cant turn them on without the car running so you wont forget and kill your battery.

make sure you tape everything up good to prevent corrosion and keep the wiring away from excessive heat (headers) and moving parts.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Banned

Thanks man, also like my TL I am going to hook these up so I can turn them on without the headlights having to be on.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:57 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I wish I'd had my roadlamps wired to the running lights instead of the headlights.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 123456SPEED
I wish I'd had my roadlamps wired to the running lights instead of the headlights.
wrd meee too
Old 02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
I would run a relay with the TL switch. Have direct power from the battery.... run terminals 30, 85, 86, 87 respectively. Don't forget a fast-burning 20-30 amp fuse inline with your battery terminal.

I "had" the pin designation schematic a few months ago, but I lost it. I'll try to dig it up.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

Thanks Niteqwill, that would be very useful.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
courtesy of fuzzy02cls, i used this to install my aftermarket fogs

I just did this. You cannot get the wire harness from the TL. Well yes you can but it's the whole dash harness which is almost $200. You can not get just the harness for the fog light switch. You need the whole part 23, comes with everything. Here's my post.
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/show...ight=fog+lights
Also someone PM's me about it so here's that post as well:
Not sure on the wires of the hella kit. I used PIAA, & the the wires going to that kits switch were red, black, & white. Hopefully it's the same. On the 03 TL switch, you have to cut the plastic around the pins. Just cut around it, & you'll end up with all the pins only sticking out of the switch. The PIAA's switch has 3 wires. The TL switch has 5 pins. You have to splice a wire to the black to make them into 2 wires. Crimp small female spade connectors to each wire from the black, & the white wire.(3) Use a large wide female spade connector for the red wire. Hold the TL switch with the green led facing the top. The pins should be(going down) Black, Red, Red, White, Black. Connect the spliced black wire to the black pins, connect the red wire to the red pins. Using the wide spade connector lets you slid it over both TL pins, Then you will connect the white wire to the last pin, but you will have to turn it sidways so it's doesn't contact any other pins, That will cause a short. Here the switch pic.
http://community.webshots.com/photo.../90481832hAIYTU
Like I said not sure if this will work with the Hella kit. The rest of my install is in my post. Also I had to change the pins around from the orginal directions from the TL board cause they were for a Honda switch. The pinouts here are for a 03 TL switch, an 02 should also be the same.

Good luck

input from me:

What I did differently, I took 3 of the smallest female spades i had, and clipped the ends so only one little end of the female was left, this allowed me to make a tight fit over the pin without worrying about touching any other pins... and then just use a normal female to go over both positives, the RED connectors worked perfect (smallest ones)
Old 02-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by CleanCL

I just did this. You cannot get the wire harness from the TL. Well yes you can but it's the whole dash harness which is almost $200. You can not get just the harness for the fog light switch. You need the whole part 23, comes with everything. Here's my post.
Not sure on the wires of the hella kit. I used PIAA, & the the wires going to that kits switch were red, black, & white. Hopefully it's the same. On the 03 TL switch, you have to cut the plastic around the pins. Just cut around it, & you'll end up with all the pins only sticking out of the switch. The PIAA's switch has 3 wires. The TL switch has 5 pins. You have to splice a wire to the black to make them into 2 wires. Crimp small female spade connectors to each wire from the black, & the white wire.(3) Use a large wide female spade connector for the red wire. Hold the TL switch with the green led facing the top. The pins should be(going down) Black, Red, Red, White, Black. Connect the spliced black wire to the black pins, connect the red wire to the red pins. Using the wide spade connector lets you slid it over both TL pins, Then you will connect the white wire to the last pin, but you will have to turn it sidways so it's doesn't contact any other pins, That will cause a short. Here the switch pic.
Like I said not sure if this will work with the Hella kit. The rest of my install is in my post. Also I had to change the pins around from the orginal directions from the TL board cause they were for a Honda switch. The pinouts here are for a 03 TL switch, an 02 should also be the same.

Good luck

input from me:

What I did differently, I took 3 of the smallest female spades i had, and clipped the ends so only one little end of the female was left, this allowed me to make a tight fit over the pin without worrying about touching any other pins... and then just use a normal female to go over both positives, the RED connectors worked perfect (smallest ones)
There it is... excellent... now this should be DIY/FAQ'd for reference....
Old 02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by CleanCL

Good luck

input from me:

hhhmmm why aren't the links working for me?
Old 02-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info guys!