I cannot stand this fvcking paint job!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 11:00 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I cannot stand this fvcking paint job!!!!

Does anybody else have as many chips as I do? I must have at least 20 or so. It sucks. Is anyone gonna have the car repainted? I was thinkin about doing that an holding off on some other mods I was planning. Where should I go? The dealer? I could drive down to Park Ave in a couple hours, what about them? I just really can't fucking stand this shitty paint job any fucking longer!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2001, 11:07 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Regarding the paint.....

A buddy of mine went to our local dealer (Gary Force Acura) and complained (nicely) about all the hood chips he had on his near new black CL-S. Acura repainted it for free, so maybe you should check with your dealer. Wouldn't hurt. I have the gold and I swear it is a better quality paint than the other colors.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:09 AM
'Cooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agreed...altho Zaino has limited my chips drastically...my touch-up paint has come in quite handy...u gotta b an expert touch-up'ist in order for the area to look virtually flawless...i've had lots of practice, unfortunately ...repainting??? dunno how that's gonna affect the value of the car...it's certainly an option...Park Ave may have a way to touch up the spots that look better than just brushing it on from the little tube...i've also heard that the stuff to flatten out touch-up paint that's bubbled doesn't work that well either, but maybe some others have had luck...i forget what it's called...i wish i could b more helpful
Old 11-24-2001, 11:25 AM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Re: Regarding the paint.....

Originally posted by bc01cls
A buddy of mine went to our local dealer (Gary Force Acura) and complained (nicely) about all the hood chips he had on his near new black CL-S. Acura repainted it for free, so maybe you should check with your dealer. Wouldn't hurt. I have the gold and I swear it is a better quality paint than the other colors.
By Acura, you mean the dealer, right? They didn't have it shipped somewere, cuz that would probably get more chips on the way there and back than it did when you sent it out.
Old 11-24-2001, 01:36 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Did anybody use someone other then the dealer? If so, who? know I remeber smebody did, and they said it was grat, wo was that???
Old 11-24-2001, 05:53 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Originally posted by Scooter
agreed...altho Zaino has limited my chips drastically...my touch-up paint has come in quite handy...u gotta b an expert touch-up'ist in order for the area to look virtually flawless...i've had lots of practice, unfortunately ...repainting??? dunno how that's gonna affect the value of the car...it's certainly an option...Park Ave may have a way to touch up the spots that look better than just brushing it on from the little tube...i've also heard that the stuff to flatten out touch-up paint that's bubbled doesn't work that well either, but maybe some others have had luck...i forget what it's called...i wish i could b more helpful
You said you noticed a dramatic drop inchips w/ Zaino? So, I guess that means that it forms like a layer of prtection, almost like an aditional clearcoat?
Old 11-24-2001, 07:21 PM
Drifting

I hate the paint also, i have atleast 15 chips on the bumper, i am considering a new paint job. Maybe a pearl white.

marc
Old 11-24-2001, 08:53 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Originally posted by Marc S
I hate the paint also, i have atleast 15 chips on the bumper, i am considering a new paint job. Maybe a pearl white.

marc
How would that affect the resale value tho? ow about an answer from Wayne or Jens?
Old 11-24-2001, 09:10 PM
No h2o2

I too wonder about the quality of the clear coat on my 01. I have the Blue Metallic on my CL-s and it EASILY chips. I am a cautious person who stays WAY back when in traffic, and it seems that the lightest gravel even from the other side of the road can bounce and make a chip. I'm not going to make a fuss yet though, cuase my dealer can barely paint a stick. I had to have them repaint the front bumper three times b4 I would sign the papers to take it, mainly becuase they are a subsidary of an AMERCIAN Ponticrap dealer. They tried to repaint my beautiful ricer front end quality bumper with american know-how...Obviously they failed. I refused to take it the first two times, but finally wanted the car so bad after waiting 6 weeks for them to find one, that I settled for a little dust in the clearcoat that I buffed out. (Now that I have it I can't stand to drive any other car. Well, even the 928S4 was a chore to drive after the Acura...) ...On the other hand, our local toyota dealership has a 97% satisfaction average for first time pickup of repairs. I would have to estimate the Acura dealers 'Ponticrap' response to be about 20%, if that..If you guys can get the dealer to repaint for free, let me know too. Also, I am reading lots about the problems with brakes and trans... Are these effects of just hard driving or things I should be concerned about. I rarely get on it, and kinda treat it with kid gloves, except every other Saturday...lol.

STeve
Old 11-24-2001, 09:15 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Originally posted by ABlueCL-S
I too wonder about the quality of the clear coat on my 01. I have the Blue Metallic on my CL-s and it EASILY chips. I am a cautious person who stays WAY back when in traffic, and it seems that the lightest gravel even from the other side of the road can bounce and make a chip. I'm not going to make a fuss yet though, cuase my dealer can barely paint a stick. I had to have them repaint the front bumper three times b4 I would sign the papers to take it, mainly becuase they are a subsidary of an AMERCIAN Ponticrap dealer. They tried to repaint my beautiful ricer front end quality bumper with american know-how...Obviously they failed. I refused to take it the first two times, but finally wanted the car so bad after waiting 6 weeks for them to find one, that I settled for a little dust in the clearcoat that I buffed out. (Now that I have it I can't stand to drive any other car. Well, even the 928S4 was a chore to drive after the Acura...) ...On the other hand, our local toyota dealership has a 97% satisfaction average for first time pickup of repairs. I would have to estimate the Acura dealers 'Ponticrap' response to be about 20%, if that..If you guys can get the dealer to repaint for free, let me know too. Also, I am reading lots about the problems with brakes and trans... Are these effects of just hard driving or things I should be concerned about. I rarely get on it, and kinda treat it with kid gloves, except every other Saturday...lol.

STeve
Well, to answer the latter portion of your question, you proll wont have a tranny problem. They did a poll and it turned out a whopping 1% had problems. As for the braes, just be sure to get the '02 pads, they are updated. Now, back to the paint job, I definately want a repaint, even if it isn't for free. Ive got 3 grand that I was gonna use for mods, but I my end up using it for a repaint. My two concerns (and they are biggies) keep coming back to the resale value and how it would look, not being from the factory an all.
Old 11-25-2001, 07:46 AM
Drifting

I tried to get my hood repainted, but both dealer and Acura area rep said it was driving conditions "Interstate highways are gravel pits". Didn't get an answer about the chip that was on the panel between the rear passenger window and rear window. I think it is due to Acura switching from a petro based to water based process (EPA mandated by 2003?). I also will be looking to repaint at about 3 years. YMMV