I bought me a new car HEHE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001 | 04:54 AM
LAZY MAN

I bought me a new car HEHE!

Man I am so pumped talking about this I bought my old 1991 Mustang back. I had sold this car in 1996 to a man named Tim. Well a couple weeks ago I went to go check out the car it was clean and well takin care of so 2 weeks later which was yesterday I purchased the car for $11,750. Tim said he didnt want the car any more and since it was my car originally and i sold it to him for cheap he sold the vehicle to me for less than $12,000.

The mods that I had installed in the car before I sold the car, I had a set of H&R spings that lowered the car approximatley 2 inches, I had super thick anti roll bars in the front+rear, 17 inch enkei rims, custom exhsaust from headers to the exhaust tips, momo shift knob, momo steering wheel, custom fabricated fiberglass wing (it was big, but not gotti), kenwood stereo, and the coolest part I had a 450 horsepower torgue monster racing engine with a redline of 8600 rpm (the story on how I got that later).

The mods the previous owner had installed after the selling point of 1996 were,brembo 14 inch drilled rotors in the front with 11 3/4 inch rear rotors, brembo brake pads, painted calipers, twin plate clutch, carbon fiber ram air hood (yes its functional), adjustable transmission, stronger rear end, huge 20 inch american racing hot rod wheels with huge wide michellin tires, super stiff eibach springs with a 1 1/2 inch drop, and a really cool set of gauges.

Now ny story of how I got the engine well a nice gentlemen comes into my office and he wants an estimate on a custom paint job for a 67 camaro dragger.As soon as he said a dragger I started asking questions about the car. After a full round of questions he told me how he wanted the car painted. I gave him the estimate and I warned him the paint job may cost more or less than the estimate so dont be surprised if the cost of the paint differs from the estimate. He replys I understand! So the next day he brings the car in and I had told my custom car painter what his plans were so he could go out and prepare for the job. So this Irish dude comes in to my shop in truck and he starts to back the Camaro into the front of my shop. After he dropped it off we took it from there. Since my shop was'nt busy the custom paint job only 2 weeks. As my handyman was washing down the car I called this race team owner and he asked if I was interested in a racing engine in part of trade for the paint job. So I asked how much power and how many races its been through etc. So I was very excited about this new engine. He brought thee engine in on his truck then we converted the engine onto one of my workers engine cranks. Then he payed the differnece and had the engine installed.

Well to make this sorta on topic after i picked the car up i smoked a foo in a jetta. Good night!
Old 07-30-2001 | 05:06 AM
Honda Fanboy

Old 07-30-2001 | 07:40 AM
6SPDCLS

Dude, I read the first paragraph and I gave up. But it seems you are very happy. Congrats.

Originally posted by JUST A DUDE:
<STRONG>Man I am so pumped talking about this I bought my old 1991 Mustang back. I had sold this car in 1996 to a man named Tim. Well a couple weeks ago I went to go check out the car it was clean and well takin care of so 2 weeks later which was yesterday I purchased the car for $11,750. Tim said he didnt want the car any more and since it was my car originally and i sold it to him for cheap he sold the vehicle to me for less than $12,000.

The mods that I had installed in the car before I sold the car, I had a set of H&R spings that lowered the car approximatley 2 inches, I had super thick anti roll bars in the front+rear, 17 inch enkei rims, custom exhsaust from headers to the exhaust tips, momo shift knob, momo steering wheel, custom fabricated fiberglass wing (it was big, but not gotti), kenwood stereo, and the coolest part I had a 450 horsepower torgue monster racing engine with a redline of 8600 rpm (the story on how I got that later).

The mods the previous owner had installed after the selling point of 1996 were,brembo 14 inch drilled rotors in the front with 11 3/4 inch rear rotors, brembo brake pads, painted calipers, twin plate clutch, carbon fiber ram air hood (yes its functional), adjustable transmission, stronger rear end, huge 20 inch american racing hot rod wheels with huge wide michellin tires, super stiff eibach springs with a 1 1/2 inch drop, and a really cool set of gauges.

Now ny story of how I got the engine well a nice gentlemen comes into my office and he wants an estimate on a custom paint job for a 67 camaro dragger.As soon as he said a dragger I started asking questions about the car. After a full round of questions he told me how he wanted the car painted. I gave him the estimate and I warned him the paint job may cost more or less than the estimate so dont be surprised if the cost of the paint differs from the estimate. He replys I understand! So the next day he brings the car in and I had told my custom car painter what his plans were so he could go out and prepare for the job. So this Irish dude comes in to my shop in truck and he starts to back the Camaro into the front of my shop. After he dropped it off we took it from there. Since my shop was'nt busy the custom paint job only 2 weeks. As my handyman was washing down the car I called this race team owner and he asked if I was interested in a racing engine in part of trade for the paint job. So I asked how much power and how many races its been through etc. So I was very excited about this new engine. He brought thee engine in on his truck then we converted the engine onto one of my workers engine cranks. Then he payed the differnece and had the engine installed.

Well to make this sorta on topic after i picked the car up i smoked a foo in a jetta. Good night!</STRONG>
Old 07-30-2001 | 08:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

??
Old 08-01-2001 | 05:19 AM
LAZY MAN

Sorry about my giborish topic, but I was so happy. That little red stang was one of my favorite cars. Too make a long story short I bought a red 1991 Mustang that was originally mine and it was modded heavily.
Sorry for the inconvienance.
Old 08-01-2001 | 05:42 PM
Instructor

I used to know a kid with a purple and white convertible when I was in highschool.
Might you know him? He traded it for a silver ITR, I think.
Old 08-02-2001 | 04:04 AM
LAZY MAN

No i highly doubt it
Old 08-02-2001 | 04:05 AM
LAZY MAN

Sorry guys I dont think ill be showing my sig its much too long. Sorry for being an anoying pain in the a$$!
Old 08-03-2001 | 11:03 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

No problem.
Old 08-06-2001 | 04:16 AM
It's Go-Time.

Shouldn't you be posting that on Mustang's-R-Us?? But kool that u got your old ride back...
Old 08-06-2001 | 01:11 PM
Banned

Give some details on your motor, dude...

8600 RPM on a windsor, that's high so I am guessing it is n/a or do you spray it? Bottom end? What compression? What do you have in the 'stronger reaer end'? 3.73? 3.55? 31 spline? 28 spline

Your sig gives the detail on all the wrong shit. Momo Shift knob? I guess you don't want to scare away all these CLS guys with too much in the sig, though...

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Pull_T ]
Old 08-07-2001 | 05:11 AM
LAZY MAN

Well of the course my engine is normally asperated I dont know about the compression and so on. The dragger owner just told 450hp and I was sold. The engine is a 350 small block chevy. The mods that I remember he told me was the engine has basically everything replced with super high performance racing parts and its built to race so that means its built for tough conditions. The rear end, the previous owner had that installed after the stocker got blown to pieces probably due to the substancial power increase. So I dont know about the rear end.

why I say momo shift know etc. because what if I just wrote shift knob, or wheels, then that would be super confusing. I just left out the things that doesnt have to be discribed for the normal human to understand. I see that you have some sick mods on your car also. What does it run the quarter in? The best the last owner ran the car was a 11.85 at 125 mph. He said the car is a beast as soon as the tires hook up. With a set of slicks it can probably run 11.4's! well see yah.
Old 08-07-2001 | 01:47 PM
Banned

<STRONG>The engine is a 350 small block chevy.</STRONG>
A 350 in a Fox Bodied Stang...I've seen it before, but it always makes me feel as though someone is running their nails down a chalkboard...
Old 08-07-2001 | 07:08 PM
LAZY MAN

Pull T how fast does your car do the quarter? Again mine runs 11 9's and 11 8's. just curious. LAter
Old 08-07-2001 | 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

per his sig it's 13.759 @ 103.61 - 2.015 60'
Old 08-08-2001 | 04:58 PM
Banned

<STRONG>Pull T how fast does your car do the quarter? Again mine runs 11 9's and 11 8's. just curious. LAter</STRONG>
That's cool, I was just giving you a little bit of a hard time about the Chevy-Ford combo. No offense intended. Most everyone knows that the small block Chevy is still a great drag race motor even 45+ years after it was introduced...