I Beat a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Maximized
Before you try and be a smartass next time, take some time to work on your grammar.

You are a hypocrite.....You attack him and then don't expect him to respond to your childish post BTW Age does have a lot to do with this. You are 40 years old and pick fights. What a joke
ya i was a smart ass but i find it amazing when a nissan buddy is down your there for the resuce. and hey i'll be honest my grammer is a little weak but hey i make it by for a grade 10 education.

i disagree i never attacked him, i was a little harsh on my thread
AND I FULLY EXPECTED HIM TO RESPOND BACK. why wouldn't he. THERE is a history of him attacking back.

may i quote
: ][/QUOTE] is your dad so fucking useless or are you so young that you look at people over 60 handicapped?
my dad who is 71 next week is still driving his 69 vette also has a 2002 ford lightning and in the summer gets on his harley.

and i disagree with you i never picked a fight i just stuck my two cents in .

but i did apologize. this will be my last response to you in this thread. i'm not out to have a war with you.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:04 AM
What, me drive fast?

Uhhhmmm..stop?

The 17 year olds got the best of you...this thread was never worth this...
Old 02-03-2003, 12:07 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
Uhhhmmm..stop?

The 17 year olds got the best of you...this thread was never worth this...

hey bud your totally right.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:07 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
ok...this is gettin dum...
Old 02-03-2003, 02:02 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by goldcltype-s
hey bud your totally right.

I'm 22 (23 in two months)....far cry from 17 (half a decade actually) Since then I've graduated from High School AND College.

I didn't even know what an internet forum WAS when I was 17....I also didn't even know how to change my oil, let alone have a (semi)intelligent conversation about cars and how they work.

I've learned SO much since I was a teenager, including how to get by on my own (which I think I'm doing very well at so far, partly because I haven't married yet like lots of my buddies). I've also learned everything from changing the oil on my cars, to pulling my trans and diagnosing a problem.

I'm glad that after all the flaming that went on in this thread we can start to get along like normal, mature adults should.

For the guys who still think I'm some dumb kid, I'm sorry you have to be so cynical and distrusting of people, but hey that's the direction that our world is going in these days.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:16 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by TypeSKiller
I'm 22 (23 in two months)....far cry from 17 (half a decade actually) Since then I've graduated from High School AND College.

I didn't even know what an internet forum WAS when I was 17....I also didn't even know how to change my oil, let alone have a (semi)intelligent conversation about cars and how they work.

I've learned SO much since I was a teenager, including how to get by on my own (which I think I'm doing very well at so far, partly because I haven't married yet like lots of my buddies). I've also learned everything from changing the oil on my cars, to pulling my trans and diagnosing a problem.

I'm glad that after all the flaming that went on in this thread we can start to get along like normal, mature adults should.

For the guys who still think I'm some dumb kid, I'm sorry you have to be so cynical and distrusting of people, but hey that's the direction that our world is going in these days.

i never thought you were dumb, and at first never took much thought of your age, i belive we are all smart and gifted in certain area's.

if you made it through school and college, well your two up on me.

i don't flip to often and today was a bad day sorry that you ended up on the the other side of it.

peace man
Old 02-03-2003, 02:31 AM
Official BS Sniffer

peace man
you too...
Old 02-03-2003, 07:24 AM
What can I get ya?

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Dude, you forgot when VTEC kicks in, it is equivilent to 2 turbos. You can't lose with VTEC kicking in.

What are you retarded? :P
Old 02-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Suzuka Master

ya i was a smart ass but i find it amazing when a nissan buddy is down your there for the resuce. and hey i'll be honest my grammer is a little weak but hey i make it by for a grade 10 education.

i disagree i never attacked him, i was a little harsh on my thread
AND I FULLY EXPECTED HIM TO RESPOND BACK. why wouldn't he. THERE is a history of him attacking back.

may i quote
: ]
is your dad so fucking useless or are you so young that you look at people over 60 handicapped?
my dad who is 71 next week is still driving his 69 vette also has a 2002 ford lightning and in the summer gets on his harley.

and i disagree with you i never picked a fight i just stuck my two cents in .

but i did apologize. this will be my last response to you in this thread. i'm not out to have a war with you.
[/QUOTE]

Hey if you really do have a 10th grade education, thats ok. You obviously have worked hard at whatever you do and it shows. Not everyone can afford a CL-S.......
Old 02-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Pro

This thread went from :

"I beat a 350z..." to "no you didn't..." to "fuck you"
Old 02-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not sure if that 350z was on it all the way the whole time but I can vouch for you that the car pulls pretty decent again in 4th once you get in the vtec range. After I got my headers I noticed the flat zone right after 3rd wasn't near as bad and the car pulls way better once you get back into VTEC in 4th. Once you got in that range he was probably like "oh sh*t" and realized he didn't have enough engine left at that speed to pass you because you had the momentum. I've been that fast a few times. Its one hell of a rush!
Old 02-03-2003, 10:24 PM

WHoa, this thread took a helluva turn.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by TypeSKiller

Just a quick note. You'll be learning a hell of alot more about life from 23 to 30 than 17 to 23. Not busting anyones balls, but I sure as hell have changed alot from 23 to 32.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by VTECis4pussies
Not a chance u ran with that 350z. Maybe nex time u should stick to a story about killing a Mini or a non turbo beetle. You know, something that someone who doesnt own a honda might believe.
the 350z is a badass car...i trade my tl type s in for it anyday butlet me remind you of one thing...your in a cl forum...people have what they call pride for the cars they drive comming in her to pop a dream or story(true or false is not your job) i personally think the z would kick my ass but our cars are 2 totally different cars....you have go fast goodies we have luxuary goodies...our interior i heard is much better with other amenties...on a good note i say we leave it at that and drop the name calling and stick to facts....again most of us have autos while most of you have m/t...and with teh m/t its not that hard to f*ck up on shifts so a kill is not impossible....and if say one of us did kill one cus of a bad driver then let us enjoy it...as you in your forums enjoy the stories of you killing type s day and night....
Old 02-06-2003, 08:07 AM
Banned

But then a Maxima and a GTP can beat a Z. lol 2k2+ 6spd Maxima I mean. They have a video, and aren't denying that. lol

Originally posted by asiankidd
the 350z is a badass car...i trade my tl type s in for it anyday butlet me remind you of one thing...your in a cl forum...people have what they call pride for the cars they drive comming in her to pop a dream or story(true or false is not your job) i personally think the z would kick my ass but our cars are 2 totally different cars....you have go fast goodies we have luxuary goodies...our interior i heard is much better with other amenties...on a good note i say we leave it at that and drop the name calling and stick to facts....again most of us have autos while most of you have m/t...and with teh m/t its not that hard to f*ck up on shifts so a kill is not impossible....and if say one of us did kill one cus of a bad driver then let us enjoy it...as you in your forums enjoy the stories of you killing type s day and night....
Old 02-06-2003, 09:58 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by SilverBullet
But then a Maxima and a GTP can beat a Z. lol 2k2+ 6spd Maxima I mean. They have a video, and aren't denying that. lol
You can SEE the Z missing gears, and he get's ripped out of the hole by 2 FWD CARS...hmm... and driver had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:48 AM
10th Gear

Facts

Latest Road and Track (maybe C&D, just got the mag yesterday and I get all of them) compares the Z againist the Z06 Vette, 911 and M3. The Z car's perfromance was very respectable compared with them. It was easy to drive fast and represented a excellent value. With that said, it ran 5.8 to 60mph, 1/4 in 14.4. It was a 6 speed. A stock CLS 6 speed is in the ballpark with these numbers, let alone one with mods. Probably add half a second to 60 with an auto Z. Again close to the auto CLS. Granted they didn't test a CLS at that time and we all know that test conditions greatly effect the results. But, the other cars tested pretty much ran their usual times I have seen elsewhere. If you lined up 10 Zs and 10 CLSs I'm sure on average the stock Z would beat the stock CLS. We have all raced a friend's (at least I have) identical car and one always seems to pull harder than the other with all things being the same. The take home message is that a CLS could beat a Z. Make excuses about missing gears, skill of the driver, who gets the jump etc., but that is just life. Results are results, everyone hates excuses.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Racer

well, this thread was definetly heading in the wrong direction but it seems to have gotten back to a mature level. keep it that way or ill close it. this is you one and only warning.

have a nice day
Old 02-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Re: Facts

Originally posted by waldo69
Latest Road and Track (maybe C&D, just got the mag yesterday and I get all of them) compares the Z againist the Z06 Vette, 911 and M3. The Z car's perfromance was very respectable compared with them. It was easy to drive fast and represented a excellent value. With that said, it ran 5.8 to 60mph, 1/4 in 14.4. It was a 6 speed. A stock CLS 6 speed is in the ballpark with these numbers, let alone one with mods. Probably add half a second to 60 with an auto Z. Again close to the auto CLS. Granted they didn't test a CLS at that time and we all know that test conditions greatly effect the results. But, the other cars tested pretty much ran their usual times I have seen elsewhere. If you lined up 10 Zs and 10 CLSs I'm sure on average the stock Z would beat the stock CLS. We have all raced a friend's (at least I have) identical car and one always seems to pull harder than the other with all things being the same. The take home message is that a CLS could beat a Z. Make excuses about missing gears, skill of the driver, who gets the jump etc., but that is just life. Results are results, everyone hates excuses.
14.4 in the 1/4 is a piss poor time for a new Z, AVERAGE drivers are pulling off 14.0s to 14.1s...and a few good launchers have run 13s stock.

Also the times for the other cars in the test were pretty poor too...405hp Z06s typically run 12.2-12.4 NOT 12.7 and new M3s and 911s run LOW 13s...not mid 13s.

I agree that in any given situation anything can happen...and also agree that on average the stock Z should beat a stock CL-S, but the cars are very close in performance and thus the scales could easily be tipped the other way.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
HAHA dammit I missed this entire thread. Probably better off though...I think as a Z owner I would have gotten flamed too. I can't wait for e-town this spring; that's when all this back and forth smack talk will be settled once and for all.

Now for my contribution to this argument. I smoked a porsche twin turbo the other day with my Z (for real, im serious I smoked the foo). He gave me the finger when I blew by him...I was like 'sucks to be you buddy'.

Oh now that I think of it, I think it could have been topgaytrader's porsche cus there was like 5 hot chicks in it and this taiwanese guy was driving with a bong in one hand.

Old 02-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Racer

Sad that threads turn into such trash talking. I'm here to learn and help others learn about how to make their cars better and appreciate the threads that stick to the facts. The response about a twin turbo Porsche gettin smoked by a Touring 350Z left me in stitches! Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Racer

Im not a lyer to whoever calls me a lyer i know what happend. no point in me lying about this kill. dont be jelous cause u get scared at 135 to 140 mph PEACE!
Old 03-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by maevonee
Im not a lyer to whoever calls me a lyer i know what happend. no point in me lying about this kill. dont be jelous cause u get scared at 135 to 140 mph PEACE!
dude a month later ???
Old 03-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
i wanna ban all these mother fuckers... but too bad i m not a moderator
Old 03-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Well after reading the entire thread, I have to say I think that TypeSkiller is actually right. He posted info and was attacked immediately. Whether the info was right or wrong, the approach in which his info was corrected was completely inappopriate. Instead of saying he was not correct on a couple matters, he was told he was pathetic or posting wrong info is pathetic. I am glad everything lightened up, however.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:55 PM

Im not a lyer to whoever calls me a lyer i know what happend. no point in me lying about this kill. dont be jelous cause u get scared at 135 to 140 mph PEACE
What gear were you and and what RPM range at this speed? And it's jealous and liar.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Let it go guys.. this one is dead.