I Beat a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 11:22 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by VTECis4pussies
Not a chance u ran with that 350z. Maybe nex time u should stick to a story about killing a Mini or a non turbo beetle. You know, something that someone who doesnt own a honda might believe.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:51 PM
What, me drive fast?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by VTECis4pussies
Not a chance u ran with that 350z. Maybe nex time u should stick to a story about killing a Mini or a non turbo beetle. You know, something that someone who doesnt own a honda might believe.
This guy is funny. Post #1 and talking trash for no other reason that to talk trash.

Is it possible that the Z missed a gear shift? The the Z just gave up because it wasn't worth the fight since he knew he was faster? This has deteriorated (as it always does) into a name calling thread which is boring. At least for a while there was some good discussion about one car vs. the other based on facts! Heck, I learned a few things!

Okay, now back to your name calling...
Old 01-31-2003, 12:53 PM
im back

i have a belly button
Old 01-31-2003, 01:14 PM
What, me drive fast?

Originally posted by I am RobG
i have a belly button
Oh come on now, maybe you should talk about something that someone who doesn't own a Honda might believe!

Old 01-31-2003, 02:26 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
This guy is funny. Post #1 and talking trash for no other reason that to talk trash.

Is it possible that the Z missed a gear shift? The the Z just gave up because it wasn't worth the fight since he knew he was faster? This has deteriorated (as it always does) into a name calling thread which is boring. At least for a while there was some good discussion about one car vs. the other based on facts! Heck, I learned a few things!

Okay, now back to your name calling...

its always the same guys that come here and trash talk, and they all drive nissans as there primary car.
some of the shit that gets posted makes me embaressed that i own a maxima.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by goldcltype-s
its always the same guys that come here and trash talk, and they all drive nissans as there primary car.
some of the shit that gets posted makes me embaressed that i own a maxima.
You should be embarrassed by many of the posts on this board. Not putting anyone down, but some people have lots to learn.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:54 PM
im back

i have to say though some of our other car owners seem to have half a brain. We've all had our differences but even i can call out BS on this post. My 6spd can't beat a 350Z and i know it. But on the other hand it could've been a freak accident like when i beat a e46 M3...it was called BS. (i'm arguing with myself)
Old 01-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A stock TLS/CLS theoretical top speed @ 6.9k rpm in 3rd is 112.1 mph (not including drag).

By the time it shifts to 4th it'll be sitting pretty @ 4.4k rpm. VTEC does not come into play until 121.9 mph @ 4.8k rpm.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro

Originally posted by edgalang
A stock TLS/CLS theoretical top speed @ 6.9k rpm in 3rd is 112.1 mph (not including drag).

By the time it shifts to 4th it'll be sitting pretty @ 4.4k rpm. VTEC does not come into play until 121.9 mph @ 4.8k rpm.
True and I agree, but even VTEC in a .75:1 ratio won't do shit, let a long beat a 350z at those speeds. Shit, next post will be, "I hit VTEC in 4th gear doing 130mph and was smoking a Z06..."

We all know the TypeS is pretty damn fast off the line, and we all know the TypeS, with or without headers is pretty damn slow in 4th, what's there to belive about beating a 350Z at those speeds. True, the 350Z may have missed a shift. Congrats, you successfully beat a driver that doesn't know how to drive. Sure I beat E46 M3's befoe, I know that car, driven properly would whoop up on me off the line.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
well seeing how out of control this thread has gotten i shouldnt post...it wasnt long ago when someone said,to a race i had posted the "next thing you know they'll be posting i killed a Z today"...or something like that..and it seemed as if a bunch of people thought the almighty Z was the next thing, an M3 killer or something,well ill tell you it's not... , it's a nice looking sports car,i like it real well,lots of things going for it ,and i expect it'll have huge aftermarket support and soon we'll be seeing some very fast Z's out there...but in stock form,ummm ,i dont know ...at my track the one i saw could only manage a 14.4,i ran him once and it wasnt really close.between bad r/t bad launch and just plain being 4/10's slower he was way back there....i'd say with a good launch a Z can go 13.9 or so bone stock,

ill give another example the day i went 13.794 i ran a blown impala i won to a slower 14.0 to his 13.5,then won again , 13.84* to his 13.4**... in the first race his 60' was better than mine,his 1/8th was better , his 1/4 was bettter,but he gave it all up at the line,and couldnt run me down...a cl-S all bolted up can beat a Z,and a Z can beat a modded cl-S....just not mine
Old 01-31-2003, 11:53 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Originally posted by AC
True and I agree, but even VTEC in a .75:1 ratio won't do shit, let a long beat a 350z at those speeds. Shit, next post will be, "I hit VTEC in 4th gear doing 130mph and was smoking a Z06..."
Please review your source of information. I don't know where you are getting .75:1 from.

P.S.
I really dont care about this thread...I was simply posting stats. But let me just point out that before sounding like an ass, at the very minimum, get your facts straight.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by typeR
well seeing how out of control this thread has gotten i shouldnt post...it wasnt long ago when someone said,to a race i had posted the "next thing you know they'll be posting i killed a Z today"...or something like that..and it seemed as if a bunch of people thought the almighty Z was the next thing, an M3 killer or something,well ill tell you it's not... , it's a nice looking sports car,i like it real well,lots of things going for it ,and i expect it'll have huge aftermarket support and soon we'll be seeing some very fast Z's out there...but in stock form,ummm ,i dont know ...at my track the one i saw could only manage a 14.4,i ran him once and it wasnt really close.between bad r/t bad launch and just plain being 4/10's slower he was way back there....i'd say with a good launch a Z can go 13.9 or so bone stock,

ill give another example the day i went 13.794 i ran a blown impala i won to a slower 14.0 to his 13.5,then won again , 13.84* to his 13.4**... in the first race his 60' was better than mine,his 1/8th was better , his 1/4 was bettter,but he gave it all up at the line,and couldnt run me down...a cl-S all bolted up can beat a Z,and a Z can beat a modded cl-S....just not mine

yea...your car can beat ANY Z.....
Old 02-01-2003, 08:23 AM
Pro

Originally posted by edgalang
Please review your source of information. I don't know where you are getting .75:1 from.

P.S.
I really dont care about this thread...I was simply posting stats. But let me just point out that before sounding like an ass, at the very minimum, get your facts straight.
True, you're right. If it's not .75:1 it's pretty damn close, still the bottom line is 4th gear sux ass. I'm not dissin the TypeS at all! Frankly I think the TypeS is very underrated, but it's just some of the triple digit racing stories that are way off....like this one.

Frankly, NovaWhiteTypes's car is probably one of my favorite cars...
Old 02-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Pro

Originally posted by TypeSKiller
yea...your car can beat ANY Z.....
I believe TypeR's car can beat any Z...stock that is.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by AC
I believe TypeR's car can beat any Z...stock that is.
From what I've seen, TypeR traps around 100-102mph....Z's typicallly trap anywhere from 99-103mph depending on conditions. Are you going to sit here and tell me that in a situation in which one car that has traps that are almost IDENTICAL to another car, one will DEFINITELY win???
Old 02-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
i had a smiley face at the end,any car can be beat,even by a slower car...but i would win more than i lose to a stock Z ,i think.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:11 PM
still a Masshole

I bet typeR can beat your Z TypeSkiller!
Old 02-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by ferizzo
I bet typeR can beat your Z TypeSkiller!
ignorance is bliss...isn't it???
Old 02-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by scalbert
I'm not debating the statements about the race but your comments about facts are far from that...

A 6-Speed CL has nearly the same gearing as the 350Z and when tire/wheel ratios are considered the CL-S6 has shorter gearing. But with that considered, say they have the same gearing; the CL-S6 has more revs to play with so it can hold the lower gear longer. But in fact, they shift at nearly the same speeds, within reason.

The Z does have more power, but NOT BETTER GEARING, it does have less drag and less weight. One thing you forgot was that it also has a lower redline and makes its peak torque closer to the peak HP.

The VTC is simply Valve Timing Control similar to BMW's VANOS or Toyota's VVTi. It simply alters the valve timing but does nothing for lift and duration. VTEC alters lift and duration by changing cam lobes at a preset RPM. Although this is not infinite in variable timing, it does significantly alter lift and duration which normally plays a more important factor than valve timing.

So no, VTC does not vary lift, you are misinformed or blatantly lied to bolster your case; either way you were incorrect in your statements from the beginning to the end. You come to this forum with an obvious statement of mistrust, your screen name, and then cannot make even remotely accurate statements. That is truly pathetic.
You kick ass Scalbert !! Thanks for putting his sorry ass in place.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by Red Rider
You kick ass Scalbert !! Thanks for putting his sorry ass in place.

My ass may be in place...but your ass is in his lap....
Old 02-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My ass may be in place...but your ass is in his lap....
What part of Chicago is your paper route ? Maybe when you grow up you'll actually have your own car
Old 02-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by Red Rider
What part of Chicago is your paper route ? Maybe when you grow up you'll actually have your own car
How about this for proof of ownership?

http://community.webshots.com/image5...0vcosTF_ph.jpg
copy and paste in new window

Now before you go accusing me of putting my parent's insurance card AND Title on here, think about it..if it was my parents insurance...BOTH their names would be on the insurance card...and probably the title too.

BTW - My father is near 60...why in god's name would he own a 600cc sportbike, AND a modded '97 maxima in addition to a 350Z???

If you want I can go to my parents house TOMORROW on my day off and get a shot of their insurance cards...and you can see that the cars that they drive are MUCH nicer than the cars that I drive...
Old 02-02-2003, 07:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
=
Old 02-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by mattg
=

I just getting REALLY sick of people trying to say I'm some kid with daddy's cars in my sig.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:50 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

If you want I can go to my parents house TOMORROW on my day off and get a shot of their insurance cards...and you can see that the cars that they drive are MUCH nicer than the cars that I drive...

"Mom... Dad... Can I take a picture of your insurance cards? I have to prove that I really am who I say to some people on the internet."

This has got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard on this forum.

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!
Old 02-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Instructor

How about this for proof of ownership?

http://community.webshots.com/image5...0vcosTF_ph.jpg
copy and paste in new window

Now before you go accusing me of putting my parent's insurance card AND Title on here, think about it..if it was my parents insurance...BOTH their names would be on the insurance card...and probably the title too.

BTW - My father is near 60...why in god's name would he own a 600cc sportbike, AND a modded '97 maxima in addition to a 350Z???

Man i love it ,here's a guy thats come on our forum for over a year and cause nothing but shit and now who's got egg all over his face.

is your dad so fucking useless or are you so young that you look at people over 60 handicapped?
my dad who is 71 next week is still driving his 69 vette also has a 2002 ford lightning and in the summer gets on his harley.

what makes you think older people wouldn;t drive the vehicles that you supposedly own . or that are on your sig.

mom dad do you think i can use your computer i want to go on

ACURA-CL.COM

haahhahahhahaaaaaaaaa
Old 02-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Man i love it ,here's a guy thats come on our forum for over a year and cause nothing but shit and now who's got egg all over his face.

is your dad so fucking useless or are you so young that you look at people over 60 handicapped?
my dad who is 71 next week is still driving his 69 vette also has a 2002 ford lightning and in the summer gets on his harley.

what makes you think older people wouldn;t drive the vehicles that you supposedly own . or that are on your sig.

mom dad do you think i can use your computer i want to go on

ACURA-CL.COM

haahhahahhahaaaaaaaaa
I was mostly leaning toward the fact that I don't know ANY 60 year old men who ride sportbikes like the R6.....but if you feel like being a total fucking dickwad....more power to you.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Instructor

I was mostly leaning toward the fact that I don't know ANY 60 year old men who ride sportbikes like the R6.....but if you feel like being a total fucking dickwad....more power to you.

i a little confused your calling me a "total fucking dickwad...."'

FROM WHAT I'VE READ MAMA'S BOY YOUR THE ONE THATS GOT COCK IN YOUR MOUTH. KEEP ON SUCKING LOSER ,
WE ALL KNOW YOUR A FUKIN LOSER NOW.

MY FAVORITE GESTURE FROM MATTG

SORRY vinnydahitman I COULDN'T RESIST.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Suzuka Master

FROM WHAT I'VE READ MAMA'S BOY YOUR THE ONE THATS GOT COCK IN YOUR MOUTH. KEEP ON SUCKING LOSER ,

Honestly how old are you??? Astonishing levels of maturity are present here
Old 02-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Mama's boy?? cock in my mouth?? fukin loser??

Do you kiss your wife with that mouth?

This thread has gone TERRIBLY awry....it should be locked.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:29 PM
still a Masshole

Wow this thread is funny!
Old 02-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Let's do a little rundown of what's happened on this thread and see if we can figure out why it went the way of the dodo bird. Which was not by my doing as you will soon see.

First I made the statement about the 350Z vs. CL-S race which did NOT call anyone any names or personally attack anyone. Check it out, it's on page 2.

Then Scalbert basically told me that I didn't display ANY correct information and called me PATHETIC. (first occurance of name calling).

I then attempted to clairify my statments, and if I'm going to get called a name and such...then I'll return the favor, which I did.

the thread then goes on for a couple more pages with some useful information and some useless flaming posts.

Then TypeR makes the statment that he could beat any stock Z. I disagreed since the cars are VERY VERY similiar in straight line acceleration. Therefore it would be a driver's race. I did NOT call him any names or make fun of him in any way.

Next ferizzo decides he's going to make a dumb comment, see page 4.

After that Red rider decides to get in on the fun and say that Scalbert put my "sorry ass" in place. and of course I retort, and he comes back by changing the subject to my age, job, and cars owned. hmmmm...mature.

Finally, the beloved goldcltype-s, and Scrib get in on the fun and starts making fun of me and calling me names.

Seems to me that I started not ONE flame war in this thread. I was directely and sometimes personally attacked for disagreeing with something someone claimed.

I was attacked by over 5 different people on this thread, for pretty much no reason at all.

Wow...I really can't believe some of you people.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Then Scalbert basically told me that I didn't display ANY correct information and called me PATHETIC. (first occurance of name calling).
You once again make false statements to bolster your case. Re-read the post; as quoted by myself "That is truly pathetic." Referring to your statements. I never, at any point, stated you were pathetic. To make that claim I would need to know you which I do not. I simply stated, based on what was said and the manner stated, that the statements were pathetic.

Making knowingly incorrect statement is pathetic but we have all done this at one point or another. It does not imply that the individual is pathetic as a whole.

I ask that you do not include me into you little combatant speech. I called your statement out to be false, nothing more. You may not like the manner which I made a rebuttal but it was based on fact.

I do not know your therefore I would not make personal comments about you.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by scalbert
You once again make false statements to bolster your case. Re-read the post; as quoted by myself "That is truly pathetic." Referring to your statements. I never, at any point, stated you were pathetic. To make that claim I would need to know you which I do not. I simply stated, based on what was said and the manner stated, that the statements were pathetic.

Making knowingly incorrect statement is pathetic but we have all done this at one point or another. It does not imply that the individual is pathetic as a whole.

I ask that you do not include me into you little combatant speech. I called your statement out to be false, nothing more. You may not like the manner which I made a rebuttal but it was based on fact.

I do not know your therefore I would not make personal comments about you.
Thank you Scalbert...I appreciate your maturity and sincerity, as I would also never make personal comments about you.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Finally, the beloved goldcltype-s, and Scrib get in on the fun and starts making fun of me and calling me names.

I was attacked by over 5 different people on this thread, for pretty much no reason at all.

It was my first and more than likely LAST comment (not including this one of course ) in this thread.

I wasn't trying to attack you, but the comment I quoted I thought was rather funny.

There WAS good information being exchanged but that has seemed to disappear.

If I offended you, I'm sorry.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Maximized
Honestly how old are you??? Astonishing levels of maturity are present here
well it is the famous Maximized coming to the resuce of his nissan
buddy TypeSKiller.

age has nothing to do with this

for whatever reason TypeSKiller decide to start a war and he didn't have all barrells loaded. TypeSKiller was the one that started the personal attack and called me a "total fucking dickwad...."'

he could have left that out of his post.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Suzuka Master

well it is the famous Maximized coming to the resuce of his nissan
buddy TypeSKiller.

age has nothing to do with this

for whatever reason TypeSKiller decide to start a war and he didn't have all barrells loaded. TypeSKiller was the one that started the personal attack and called me a "total fucking dickwad...."'

he could have left that out of his post.
Before you try and be a smartass next time, take some time to work on your grammar.

You are a hypocrite.....You attack him and then don't expect him to respond to your childish post BTW Age does have a lot to do with this. You are 40 years old and pick fights. What a joke
Old 02-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Instructor

Let's do a little rundown of what's happened on this thread and see if we can figure out why it went the way of the dodo bird. Which was not by my doing as you will soon see.

First I made the statement about the 350Z vs. CL-S race which did NOT call anyone any names or personally attack anyone. Check it out, it's on page 2.

I then attempted to clairify my statments, and if I'm going to get called a name and such...then I'll return the favor, which I did.

the thread then goes on for a couple more pages with some useful information and some useless flaming posts.

Then TypeR makes the statment that he could beat any stock Z. I disagreed since the cars are VERY VERY similiar in straight line acceleration. Therefore it would be a driver's race. I did NOT call him any names or make fun of him in any way.

Next ferizzo decides he's going to make a dumb comment, see page 4.

After that Red rider decides to get in on the fun and say that Scalbert put my "sorry ass" in place. and of course I retort, and he comes back by changing the subject to my age, job, and cars owned. hmmmm...mature.

Seems to me that I started not ONE flame war in this thread. I was directely and sometimes personally attacked for disagreeing with something someone claimed.

well lets take a real good look at what typeSkiller had posted.

1.as an official B.S. sniffer, I will have to enter this:

maevonee, you need to find a hobby besides posting crap like this on the internet....

2.Even a 6-speed CL-S would get walked on the highway. The Z has more power, better gearing, less drag, and less weight and is still making 98% of peak power at redline. Plus the Z DOES have VTC which is a more advanced version of VTEC. VTC CONTINUIOUSLY varies valve lift and timing unlike VTEC.

A modded CL-S 6-speed could be a different story, but that's going to be the case with many races...there are a lot of "what ifs".

The guy who posted this kill is obviously just a jerk looking to stir things up a bit, he didn't even spell VTEC right...go look, he typed "vtech".

3.How about I give you a spoon so you can eat my ass.

You are PATHETIC...not me. I ACCIDENTLY typed lift in addition to timing...big f'n whoop. As for gearing...you need to check out what I said again. I said the Z has BETTER gearing...not shorter or longer...better gearing that matches the power of the engine more, but you'll probably disagree since the CL-S is a race car and geared as such

And how was I incorrect with my statements from beginning to end????? I stated that the Z is lighter than the CL-S...which it is. I also stated that it has more power, which it does. Finally I stated that is has less drag, which is also coiencidently true. Hmmmm...I guess I was wrong with everything I said.

Now that we've gotten through that, seems to me that I made ONE typo...and I get called PATHETIC for it.

As for my name, it was a joke with your "well respected" member Russ a while back, and I haven't had the time or inclination to change it.

4.May I point out that Maximized already explained where you can find a comparison of the gear ratios. If you're too dumb to actually read, it's not my fault. Why should I waste my time with a 2 page long post when it's already been discussed in detail?

5.yea...your car can beat ANY Z.....
6.ignorance is bliss...isn't it???
7.My ass may be in place...but your ass is in his lap....
8.I was mostly leaning toward the fact that I don't know ANY 60 year old men who ride sportbikes like the R6.....but if you feel like being a total fucking dickwad....more power to you.

8 out 12 postings by you--- had personal attacks or sarcastic remarks on other members on this forum.
now you have the gull to complain that people are mean and picking on you.

it looks to me that you trying to cover your but with the moderators from being kicked out of here like your buddy 6 spdDream.

i have no problem on giving an apology to you but take a hard look on what you post and how you consantly attacking people.

you called me a total fucking dickwad

i gave it back to you

this isn't the first post i have dealt with your remarks but i hope its the last.

and SRIB right --There WAS good information being exchanged but that has seemed to disappear.

If I offended you ,typeSkiller or any other members

I'm sorry.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Suzuka Master

it looks to me that you trying to cover your but with the moderators from being kicked out of here like your buddy 6 spdDream.
May I point out that NOBODY likes 6spddream AKA Phatguy on Maxima.org. He has been banned from the org more times(under different names) than I can count. Dont associate him with me or 99% of Maxima owners....

As for myself....I might stir some stuff up around here, but I have respect for the CL-S/TL-S. I just have problems when people get big headed and post ludacris road kills and/or don't know what they are talking about. Most of this thread is good info....People have debated and learned something here and there.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Maximized
May I point out that NOBODY likes 6spddream AKA Phatguy on Maxima.org. He has been banned from the org more times(under different names) than I can count. Dont associate him with me or 99% of Maxima owners....

As for myself....I might stir some stuff up around here, but I have respect for the CL-S/TL-S. I just have problems when people get big headed and post ludacris road kills and/or don't know what they are talking about. Most of this thread is good info....People have debated and learned something here and there.
i personally don't have a problem with you I have read a lot of your posts and you do share a lot of good info. you seem to be a good guy.

yes you have stired the shit from time to time but we all do

Quick Reply: I Beat a 350z