I am starting to hate CL-S:(

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 01:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am starting to hate CL-S:(

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the car but it is starting to be to mutch of a headache.

1) My headlights got stolen AGAIN!!!!
2) My brake rotors a warped and the dealer says tough shit.
3) My front stock tires are buldgin on the sides (which is not coverered under warranty).
4) I have smell of burned rubber comming from under the hood at all speeds wether I race it or not, and the accelerator pedal feels like its rubbing against somthing.

And all of this in just under 10,000 miles on the odometer

Whoever designed the car obviously did not care about reliability too much.

------------------
-
2001 Silver CL-S w/o NAVI

...Get-in, sit down, shut up, HOLD ON....
Old 05-04-2001, 01:24 PM
('''\_(o_0)_/''')

Most CL-S's have been pefect...you may have a lemon. Nothing mechanical has failed, so I don't think you can really do anything...or for that matter, neither can Acura. The only problem I have had is the Bose audio system decided to eat one of my CD's. Acura couldn't get it out, and they had to remove the entire dash and pull the stereo and replace it. The new one actually sounds a little better, maybe it's in my head. Anyways, it was under warrentee...and a month later Acura mailed home my CD...they managed to get it out.

Good luck. This sounds almost redundant, but check if you can if your car was made on a Monday or Friday...those tend to be "Lemon" days. My car was made on a Thursday.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Arik:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the car but it is starting to be to mutch of a headache.

3) My front stock tires are buldgin on the sides (which is not coverered under warranty).

4) I have smell of burned rubber comming from under the hood at all speeds wether I race it or not, and the accelerator pedal feels like its rubbing against somthing.

</font>
------------------
http://www.honda-acura.net
'01 Acura 3.2CL Type S
San Marino Red
Mudguards
No spoiler
No nav
But I'm happy

[This message has been edited by AcuraFanatic (edited 05-04-2001).]
Old 05-04-2001, 01:26 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts

</font>
Tires have their own warranty.

The rotors might be defective but it sounds like you drive the car hard so who knows?

Sorry about the headlights. That sucks.

Maybe the accelerator and the burnt rubber smell are related?
Old 05-04-2001, 02:05 PM
Midnight Marauder

Get a first gen CL...
No problems yet! Love it!!

N

------------------
'97 2.2CL
White
Clear bumpers
De-badged trunk
K&N air filter
PIAA ion crystal yellow sidemarkers top & bottom

Mods to come...need $$$!
Old 05-04-2001, 02:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AcuraFanatic:
My car was made on a Thursday. </font>
Is this just anecdotal or do you really know what day your car was built on? My VIN decal only states the month and year it was built.

------------------
2000 WDP 3.2TL non-NAV
AEM CAI
Old 05-04-2001, 02:20 PM
Racer

</font>
1. Sorry to hear about the headlights, If I were you, I would install some security screws to your headlights, or have an alarm shop install a trigger type wire to each headlight. But remember, this is not acura's fault! it's the a$$hole who is stealing them.

2. Did you drive through any puddles of water very fast? The hot rotors WILL warp if you get them wet. Or maybe you DO drive your car hard? But nonetheless, acura does have shitty braking systems

3. contact the manufacture of your tires! Or have you rdealer atleast do this for you.

4. Your smell could be one of those plastic shopping bag stuck to your headers or muffler. Get a flashlight and inspect all your exhaust systems. This is VERY common and has happened to me like 5 times already in my lifetime.

Old 05-04-2001, 02:30 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arik-
If the mileage you state is correct, I would think you should be able to get the brakes attended to under warranty. Have you had them done before? If so, then maybe not. As for the smell- I agree you should check the exhaust for something stuck to it- we see this a lot. Maybe you should try another dealer- and be nice when you go in- give them a chance to help you. Don't just go in and start bitchin- stay calm and resonable!
As for the tires- you have to go to Michelin-Acura unfortunately does not warranty tires, the manufacturer does. We are seeing this sidewall problem way too much for my taste. Here is the Customer Service # for Michelin- give them a call- 800 847-3435

------------------
Wayne Gruen
Service Manager
Park Ave Acura

2002 TL-S Black on Black
Factory Body Kit, Factory Spoiler, Comptech Springs, Comptech Sways, Comptech Headers, Comptech Exhaust, Xephyr CAI
Tuning by Jens

[This message has been edited by wayneg (edited 05-04-2001).]
Old 05-04-2001, 11:54 PM
Instructor

I don't know about putting in the security screws on. I thought a police parking permit and a set of sirens on the rear dash would do it, but nooooooooo. As far as the smell I did not do anything to the car, and there is nothing stuck to the exhaust.

The breaks I'll change to something different. And I am always nice to dealers, so I don't know where that remark came from.

------------------
-
2001 Silver CL-S w/o NAVI

...Get-in, sit down, shut up, HOLD ON....
Old 05-05-2001, 03:23 AM
Intermediate

sorry to hear about that man, I know how you feel. I ve had rock chip damage on my car on both passenger and driver side, lumber has been thrown against my car on the freeways several times. But Im still happy man.
hey by the way, how do you find out when your car was built?