Hydraulic Install: Step one complete.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 03:07 PM
Honkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydraulic Install: Step one complete.

For those of you who are at all interested...I began installing my hydraulics on Saturday. In order to fit 4 pumps with whammy tanks I had to make some notches on either side of my spare tire well. Here's how it looks so far.

------------------
2001 CL-P, new project undergoing complete reconstruction. As of now: Custom CAI fabricated by SRD, Polarg M6 bulbs, 4 ProHopper Chrome hydraulic pumps with whammy tanks, 4 ProHopper dumps, 4 Optima marine deep-cycle batteries, 4 switches. Much much more to come...

1997 Accord coupe EX-L. Chrome suspension, Chrome motor, every bolt-on imaginable. One pump, 8 dump hydraulics with accumulators. Leather, Billet grills, 18" Neeper Shadows...etc..etc http://www.artofnoize.com/Cars/aaron.htm

1990 Toyota standard cab. Bodydropped 3". 17" KMC Nemesis', extensive suspension work. 4 wheel airbags.
Old 05-07-2001, 03:55 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
zoom out... i have no f-in idea what im looking at. heh
Old 05-07-2001, 06:45 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like a trunk to me!

------------------
01 CL-S Satin Silver
Eibach Pro-Kit, Brushed aluminum dash kit, 5%tint all round, Spoiler, Weapon R intake
Old 05-08-2001, 12:24 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
zoom out... i have no f-in idea what im looking at. heh</font>
hahaha it's the spare tire well.

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Painted Mud Guard
Silver Aluminum Pedals
Kenwood Amp with 10in. Pioneer sub.
(modified) CAI.

My Car
Old 05-08-2001, 01:29 AM
Drifting

Why would you put hydraulics on a CL-P and not even buy the CL-S?? If you can afford the hydraulic system, you can surely get the S. IMO its the wrong car to do it to. I just can't imagine it. seems like a waste of time.

'01' Satin Silver CL-S
5% tint all around & 18" Konig Caffiene's
SOON - SYSTEM
Old 05-08-2001, 01:55 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marc S:
Why would you put hydraulics on a CL-P and not even buy the CL-S?? If you can afford the hydraulic system, you can surely get the S. IMO its the wrong car to do it to. I just can't imagine it. seems like a waste of time.

'01' Satin Silver CL-S
5% tint all around & 18" Konig Caffiene's
SOON - SYSTEM
</font>
it's your own opinion; what i would say to you is why waste your money w/ konigs? they are just gonna bend and crack and your gonna end up dumping more money into them then you thought. Should of taken the time, researched a lil more and gotten a stronger more durable rim.
Old 05-08-2001, 03:41 AM
Honkey

I was actaully quite tempted to buy the TypeS after driving one...but didn't think it would be necessary considering my plans. I didn't buy a CL for its performance, but because I liked it's clean bodylines and luxurious interior. Also the dual wishbone front and multilink rear suspension works very well with hydraulics. So...you may be the type who cruises down to Pep Boys to throw down your "hard-earned" money on some top notch koenig wheels, but I take a different route. To each their own.

------------------
2001 CL-P, new project undergoing complete reconstruction. As of now: Custom CAI fabricated by SRD, Polarg M6 bulbs, 4 ProHopper Chrome hydraulic pumps with whammy tanks, 4 ProHopper dumps, 4 Optima marine deep-cycle batteries, 4 switches. Much much more to come...

1997 Accord coupe EX-L. Chrome suspension, Chrome motor, every bolt-on imaginable. One pump, 8 dump hydraulics with accumulators. Leather, Billet grills, 18" Neeper Shadows...etc..etc http://www.artofnoize.com/Cars/aaron.htm

1990 Toyota standard cab. Bodydropped 3". 17" KMC Nemesis', extensive suspension work. 4 wheel airbags.
Old 05-08-2001, 06:17 AM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Why would you buy a type s just to fill the trunk up with batteries? The Cl-p is alot more suited for this setup. Why do you want 4 pumps though? I think 2 pumps will be more suited for our car. Are you actually going to be 3 wheelin, and hoping? or is it more for show. I have a friend who is into hydro's he has a toyota sport trunk with a shit load of batteries, I think he was up to 12. He had it ghetto rigged and it caught fire and melted a few of the batteries. So he is rebuilding it the way it should of been done the first time.

------------------
Now it's time for me to make my impression felt
So sit back, relax, and strap on your seatbelt
You never been on a ride like this befo'
Old 05-08-2001, 12:59 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
4pumped, i work for a company that makes deep cycle batteries, trojan battery. If you need batteries let me know, i can get them wholesale + shipping.
Old 05-08-2001, 02:45 PM
Honkey

Mr Achance, I'm only doing 4pumps for show. I'm also using 4 batteries, but only running them in 24 volts. I don't plan on doing any 3 wheeling or hopping, just building something to turn heads.

Mr CLpower,

I appreciate your offer. In the past I've run Optima Marine Deep Cycle batteries. I'm open for any suggestions you may have. I'd like something that looks really nice, has a decent amount of amps, and it's too large. Can you think of anything besides Optimas that would work well?

Thanks,
Aaron

------------------

Old 05-08-2001, 03:35 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4pumpedCL:

Mr CLpower,

I appreciate your offer. In the past I've run Optima Marine Deep Cycle batteries. I'm open for any suggestions you may have. I'd like something that looks really nice, has a decent amount of amps, and it's too large. Can you think of anything besides Optimas that would work well?

Thanks,
Aaron

</font>
we make the best deep cycle batterie's in the world, but do not look as good and am not as small as the optima's they are good batteries. If you have the $$ stick w/ them. Those are the only ones people use instead of ours.

------------------
my mom and bestfriend have told me to tell you guys to stop telling me to spend my money; they are tired of my automobiles getting pampered and them getting whats left over which usually consists of change I find in my car by doing things you guys encourage