How many bottles does it take to break a J32A2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 09:30 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Curious what size lines are you running from bottle to nozzle.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 PM
03 CLS-6

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by yungone501
Bro, I am using two fogger nozzles. I have the NOS Pro Shot nitrous and fuel solenoids rated at 400hp. And as I mentioned, it's all single staged for now. And I need to lean out my mixtures a little bit more as I'm intermittently maxing out my AFR gauge (rich) and happens a lot more when its humid and hot due to the moisture taking the space of oxygen molecules and the less dense air from the heat. By the time I get around to leaning things out, fall will be showing its face.

Interesting note to add before closing: I counted all the receipts of my nitrous fills (there are some with 4 bottles being filled HA) and they summed up to 41 bottles! Holy sh*t man...that's just awesome. Scary part is that's over $1600 in nitrous fills. If my wife knew this she would kick my ass.
Oh okay after looking at those pics you posted earlier I can see the solenoids are pretty large, so I'm sure they are rated to 400hp like you said. As for two nozzles, I only see one. Am I retarded or something because I can't find the other one lol. Your still on the stock fuel pump correct? If so I'm surprised it's keeping up and still on the rich side .

Haha I feel your pain nitrous refills add up over time. I don't even want to think about how many times I've filled a bottle in my lifetime lol.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 PM
03 CLS-6

Originally Posted by richardparker
Curious what size lines are you running from bottle to nozzle.
I would assume 6AN from the bottle to the solenoid with that large of a shot but my guess is probably 4AN..
Old 08-18-2012, 02:26 PM
J-series addict

Received 614 Likes on 464 Posts
Originally Posted by 1foxbody
Oh okay after looking at those pics you posted earlier I can see the solenoids are pretty large, so I'm sure they are rated to 400hp like you said. As for two nozzles, I only see one. Am I retarded or something because I can't find the other one lol. Your still on the stock fuel pump correct? If so I'm surprised it's keeping up and still on the rich side .

Haha I feel your pain nitrous refills add up over time. I don't even want to think about how many times I've filled a bottle in my lifetime lol.
That's an "old" picture. Thats when I was being a vagina and only running 150hp shots. I haven't posted any pictures of my current setup so relax fox, you're not a COMPLETE retard. ;-)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
J-series addict

Oh yeah, we just rejetted for 330 and as I'm riding home right now, I realized I have my fuel pressure safety cutoff switch set too low cause it's cutting the solenoids in and out at WOT because the nitrous systems fuel demand is so much...
Old 08-18-2012, 09:31 PM
03 CLS-6

Lmao I'm sorry I thought I was going crazy when I was looking at the pictures haha. Post up a few pictures of the new setup! I'm curious to see it.

Sounds like it's time for you to upgrade the fuel pump if it's cutting on and off like that from the fuel pressure dropping too low. That's a easy fix though.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 PM
J-series addict

Lmao I'm sorry I thought I was going crazy when I was looking at the pictures haha. Post up a few pictures of the new setup! I'm curious to see it.

Sounds like it's time for you to upgrade the fuel pump if it's cutting on and off like that from the fuel pressure dropping too low. That's a easy fix though.
That's just it. I just installed a Focus SVT fuel pump (factory rated at 220lph) and it still dropped low enough to trip the switch. I think my issue lies within the stock size fuel lines between the tank and rail. I noticed how dinky those things are when I got home today and wondered how I've been squeezing anything over 400hp out of them...let alone 600+!!! Guess its better I find things now before I get my motor in. I'd now feel safe to that OUR FACTORY FUEL LINES CAN SUPPORT UP TO 600HP.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:28 PM
03 CLS-6

Damn try this fuel pump it just came out recently by Aeromotive 340lph. That should fix the volume problem without much modification compared to the 220lph you currently have.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Aeromotive/027...ductId=1498076
Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 AM
J-series addict

^^^
Nice find man. I'll give it a shot but I'm still really leaning toward to thee fuel line because I've know people running as much as 800hp+ using the same fuel pump I just installed. Like I always said, start with the easiest/cheapest things first when you're guessing. Lol...
Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 AM
J-series addict

One more thing fox before I order that pump, do you know if this pump has the one one check valve to prevent back flow? When I installed the svt pump, I gained an extended crank during start up. This is because Ford uses a separate mechanism inside the fuel pump assembly to maintain fuel pressure in the fuel system so that when you go to restart the engine, it won't have prime fuel again from the tank to the rail again. Only Honda/Acura incorporates the check valve into the fuel pump itself. This is why you generally see a universal Honda/Acura listing when looking at universal fuel pumps.

I'm gonna do some research on this as well on this pump.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 PM
J-series addict

Bottle number 3 was emptied today at 300hp+ shots each bottle.

Damn bottles go ALOT faster when going BIG!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by yungone501:
1foxbody (08-20-2012), Atlas.46 (08-21-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:27 PM
03 CLS-6

Congratulations I'm surprised it's still holding up honestly lol. Post some pictures of the new n2o setup. For shits and giggles take a dyno video I'm sure everyone would love to see it!

As for the aeromotive fuel pump I'm not 100% sure. I would give them a call and I'm sure they could tell you.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:52 PM
J-series addict

Congratulations I'm surprised it's still holding up honestly lol. Post some pictures of the new n2o setup. For shits and giggles take a dyno video I'm sure everyone would love to see it!

As for the aeromotive fuel pump I'm not 100% sure. I would give them a call and I'm sure they could tell you.
Ok, Fox, let's paint a picture here...imagine the first picture that was posted...the beastly J32 sitting there, the polished intake cover, a badass sway bar towering over the engine bay, two solenoids that comprise the nitrous system. And then? Another spray nozzle! Lmfao!!! Sorry fox. I couldn't resist being a dick about that one. ;-)

I'll snap a shot of those two beautiful nozzle in the AEM housing just for you bro!

I also will schedule a dyno just to really see what power is actually sent to those front two wheels. Btw fox, you talk alot about traction issues on ur CL man but ONLY after bumping up to 300hp+ I've never experienced breaking these tires loose up till that point. From a dig of course I spin but as long as I was hitting the spray on a roll, I was ok. Now, it's completely different. At any given speed in 2nd gear (5-speed auto tall gearing) I can break me loose with traction control off. And I love it! What tires are you running???
The following users liked this post:
Atlas.46 (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 09:50 AM
6mt swapped..smart

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
All this hob job, but you can't take 5 minutes to go snap a quick cell phone vid before she implodes!?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM
03 CLS-6

Ok, Fox, let's paint a picture here...imagine the first picture that was posted...the beastly J32 sitting there, the polished intake cover, a badass sway bar towering over the engine bay, two solenoids that comprise the nitrous system. And then? Another spray nozzle! Lmfao!!! Sorry fox. I couldn't resist being a dick about that one. ;-)

I'll snap a shot of those two beautiful nozzle in the AEM housing just for you bro!

I also will schedule a dyno just to really see what power is actually sent to those front two wheels. Btw fox, you talk alot about traction issues on ur CL man but ONLY after bumping up to 300hp+ I've never experienced breaking these tires loose up till that point. From a dig of course I spin but as long as I was hitting the spray on a roll, I was ok. Now, it's completely different. At any given speed in 2nd gear (5-speed auto tall gearing) I can break me loose with traction control off. And I love it! What tires are you running???
I get the concept of it lol, I'm just curious to see how your setup looks and what numbers it puts down. Damn I didn't know your running the stock trans.

The 6 speeds have different ratios than your auto so it's easier to spin the tires. Ever since I bought new continental dws tires for my a spec wheels my traction problems pretty much went away from a roll. I also have a extra set of 02 cl-p wheels with DOT approved hoosier quick time pro's bias ply slicks 26x9.5-16's mounted on them and they work pretty good, especially at the track. My traction problems are pretty much gone.

My clutch was doing more slipping once I got those lmao. I bought a new clutch kit yesterday so that problem will soon be gone also. I'll finally be able to up the shot and hopefully I can get into the 11's.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:33 AM
J-series addict

Originally Posted by AnthraciteTypeS
All this hob job, but you can't take 5 minutes to go snap a quick cell phone vid before she implodes!?

And yes dammit, thats JB weld holding the nozzle angle on the CAI! Lol, because the metal is so thin on the intake, I kept having issue of the nozzle angle shifting when the juice was flowing because of the tremendous pressure on the lines (I heat up to 1200psi btw...) and seemed like the only effective solution at the time. As you can PLAINLY see in the pciture, the angle has shifted again.

Because I was already taking the time to snap some pictures, I figured Id include some other shots of the cvar itself:

This first pic is of the retrofitI did just a few months back using FX35 bi-xenon projectors with the FX-R lens upgrade (increases cutoff sharpness as well as color) and installed LED strips on the upper/lower headlight nody to give the "glow"effect you see here which btw is WAY more "glowish" in the dark...Looks GOOD! This retro alone took me about 6 hours to complete (usually alot longer)but Ive been inside these things 10times and know them very well. And I do retrofits up here at the shop as a service so Im getting pretty good.

Next, just put these 19's on a few days ago. I was able to fold my rear lip in on the back wheels but the front fenders will require a professional. Can anybody refer me to a GOOD fender roller that ca do on-site service in the DFW metroplex?

Lastly, I did my front and rear calipers here a while back and painted them blue which has been my accent color on the car since ive owned it. Also bought the rotors when I repainted them...theyre the EBC 3GD style rotors and man were they some beauty's whenever I first installed them! Will soon be installing them on the rear as well. I would also like to upgrade the front calipers to the factory Brembo RL's here VERY soon. Def before installing my new motor.

1foxbody (08-22-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 AM
J-series addict

I get the concept of it lol, I'm just curious to see how your setup looks and what numbers it puts down. Damn I didn't know your running the stock trans.

The 6 speeds have different ratios than your auto so it's easier to spin the tires. Ever since I bought new continental dws tires for my a spec wheels my traction problems pretty much went away from a roll. I also have a extra set of 02 cl-p wheels with DOT approved hoosier quick time pro's bias ply slicks 26x9.5-16's mounted on them and they work pretty good, especially at the track. My traction problems are pretty much gone.

My clutch was doing more slipping once I got those lmao. I bought a new clutch kit yesterday so that problem will soon be gone also. I'll finally be able to up the shot and hopefully I can get into the 11's.
Thats good man. Glad to hear traction is back in action! Btw fox, Im gonna PM you on your FIC...
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
03 CLS-6

I love the way the headlights look, especially with the projector mod! The wheels look very similar to the a spec wheels on my car that's crazy. What's the specs on them?

As for the nitrous kit, that's a nice setup you have there! You do know they make a special piece for the intake tube to hold the nozzle in place. You will be able to take that jb weld off there lol. I have this exact one on my car it works great!

http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/nit...-cfn-1210.aspx

As for my aem fic, make me a offer shipped and will go from there. Just let me know thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 PM
J-series addict

I love the way the headlights look, especially with the projector mod! The wheels look very similar to the a spec wheels on my car that's crazy. What's the specs on them?

As for the nitrous kit, that's a nice setup you have there! You do know they make a special piece for the intake tube to hold the nozzle in place. You will be able to take that jb weld off there lol. I have this exact one on my car it works great!

http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/nit...-cfn-1210.aspx

As for my aem fic, make me a offer shipped and will go from there. Just let me know thanks!
Thanks on the retrofit compliment. I'll see about catching a picture with the LEDs glowing at night time...

Wheel specs are 19X8". I'm currently running some 245/40/19 tires for now but wouldn't hurt to drop it to some 35's to give me a better look as well as a bit more clearance. As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm strongly partial to the XXR 527's in the gold color but I really dislike aftermarket wheels! I've only owned 2 sets of aluminum aftermarkets in my life and even though I'm good at avoiding curbs and potholes, they always end up chipped or bent somehow.

Sorry, didn't understand whatever it was you were saying about JB weld. Hope it wasn't all that important.

Btw, I'm still waiting on you bump that nitrous up just a little bit. What are you, a measly 125 shot? Pshhhh! Don't let my motor spray 330hp in vain. Im doing this so that you (and everyone else) can run these Acuras even faster and harder out there and spank these boys that feel like there turbos make them "fast". Lmao...God I can't wait for this new motor to be completed!!!

Trust me when I say I'll be pushing the absolute limits on how much power these cars can hold.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 AM
03 CLS-6

I never was able to up my shot because my stock 90k clutch couldn't hold it. I'm on only a 137 shot currently. I just bought a clutch a few days ago so once it's broken in, I will be able to up my shot. My kit only supports up to a 200 shot. If I wanted to go larger in the future and have a more efficient kit I would do a direct port setup. I think I can get into the 11's once I up the shot.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:05 AM
J-series addict

^^^
So you are going to raise it on your current setup or wait to install direct port? I read an article about nozzles being more effective at atomization on larger shots than smaller ones due to how the tips are created. The tips curvature and angle are designed to work better due to how the mixture "crashes" and their crossfire also help to atomize at higher amounts of flow. A little FYI for ya as well as encouragement to GO BIG or go home. Lol...
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 AM
03 CLS-6

^^^
So you are going to raise it on your current setup or wait to install direct port? I read an article about nozzles being more effective at atomization on larger shots than smaller ones due to how the tips are created. The tips curvature and angle are designed to work better due to how the mixture "crashes" and their crossfire also help to atomize at higher amounts of flow. A little FYI for ya as well as encouragement to GO BIG or go home. Lol...
Once the clutch is in I'm going to up it to a 200 shot. I could/would upgrade my nozzle and two lines going to it but I'm not sure how much more my solenoids can handle. I have a direct port setup in mind for the future. It's a different design than how people normally do it on the j engine. I'll keep that secret for now though lol. I'm not even sure if I'm going to go that route yet.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 PM
J-series addict

Just wanted to let everyone know that I scheduled some pulls next Saturday at the local performance shop. There will be one pull without spray followed by two with spray. Before this is done, my goal is to change my 4AN line to 6AN. I feel like the line (as previously mentioned by Foxbody) is restrictive past a 250 shot and right now I'm jetted for a 330HP shot...

Results will be posted as soon as possible.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:46 AM
6mt swapped..smart

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
For the love of God and this board, PLEASE dont grenade it before then lol. Good luck! Cant wait to see the #s
Old 09-09-2012, 08:40 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
make sure u film the dyno in the event something does go boom!!! at least you'll get a lot of views if she does granade .. but hopefully she pulls through..

good luck... LOL the gains are going to be just hilarious i bet.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
J-series addict

I know, it's funny that I've been worried about it doing just that. It's kind of like when you're good at doing something and then go and try to show off in front of somebody else and then end up hurting yourself...lmao. I doubt it'll blow before then. I'm on bottle number 14 as of today. ***fingers crossed***
Old 09-09-2012, 02:14 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
if u made it past 13 u should b fine LOL
Old 09-09-2012, 02:54 PM
J-series addict

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
if u made it past 13 u should b fine LOL
Yeah, good point!

As I previously mentioned, I'll be changing over to a dual bottle setup and running 6AN line for the upcoming direct port system that will be ran on the 3.5. One thing I've noticed is that even with as big of a hit as I'm doing now, my 15lb bottle doesn't drop nearly as fast as the smaller 10lb bottles. Some of you may have noticed when running say at 1000psi and you do about a 10sec hit, your bottle may drop to 750-800psi (depending on bottle level and ambient temp) so usually the last few seconds of that 10sec hit will be several hundred psi's lower which you can actually feel by power dramatically dropping out. With my 15lb, if it's full and sitting at the same 1000psi and doing the same 10sec hit, the bottle pressure drops ALOT less (usually around 100psi) and maintains a more stable power throughout the duration. My idea here is to run a dual 20lb bottle setup and have both bottles open at the same time. This should not only give me 40lbs of insane excitement, but also give much more stable pressures and power output. The only downfall I can see this bringing in is having $160 fill ups on only 2 bottles. But the way I sit now, once my 10lb bottles drops to say 30-40%, they are pretty much unusable because the liquid boils so quickly when the bottle is being emptied that it literally causes the power to fall almost completely off!
Atlas.46 (09-11-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
J-series addict

Two things that I would like to say right now:
1. Thank you dual bottle setup.
2. Thank you AN6 nitrous hose.

What a difference those two make...thread will be made very soon explaining everything in detail.
The following 2 users liked this post by yungone501:
1foxbody (09-11-2012), Atlas.46 (09-11-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Two things that I would like to say right now:
1. Thank you dual bottle setup.
2. Thank you AN6 nitrous hose.

What a difference those two make...thread will be made very soon explaining everything in detail.
Any updates???? Did you make it to dyno?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:22 PM
J-series addict

Dyno will be tomorrow guys! Results will be posted for all those that don't believe in their J32's!

Tomorrow morning finalizes the last few steps in the nitrous setup. Mainly the purge solenoid and plumbing...and don't ask why but I'm also installing the Zex purge illuminator as well. Met up with a guy this past weekend to have some custom AN6 hose made and he had the LED for sale very cheap so I said what the hell. I think you guys will like my idea for the exit point. :-) Once everything is completed, I will be taking some install pics as promised. If anybody request a dyno video, please say so now. Otherwise it will be pictures of the dyno sheets. One pull all motor and two pulls on spray just to show what the mods have added and of course to show the actual shot size that's being ran.
Atlas.46 (09-15-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Chapter Leader (Southeast Region)

Received 451 Likes on 394 Posts
I'm in for a video, however I'm sure those dyno sheets will be pretty impressive!!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:17 AM
J-series addict

Originally Posted by Stephen00TL
I'm in for a video, however I'm sure those dyno sheets will be pretty impressive!!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:30 PM
J-series addict

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm here now about to get the car dyno'd. He's currently filling my 5 bottles and we're gonna go straight to it. It's gonna happen. Have my phone fully charged ready for video and I'll update you guys when the results are in.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM
J-series addict

Wow guys, I just had the most depressing dyno of my life. Lol...here's the results:

First pull- 157.60HP/162.75TQ (all motor)

Second pull- Failed because the guy didn't have the shut off valve opened...

Third pull- 312.07HP/326.77HP

Driving now but will discuss here shortly but highly disappointed...
Old 09-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Wow guys, I just had the most depressing dyno of my life. Lol...here's the results:

First pull- 157.60HP/162.75TQ (all motor)

Second pull- Failed because the guy didn't have the shut off valve opened...

Third pull- 312.07HP/326.77HP

Driving now but will discuss here shortly but highly disappointed...
What the.... what kind of dyno were you on? These were the uncorrected numbers? Sounds like the dyno needs recalibrated... are you up in high elevation?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 PM
J-series addict

Originally Posted by Atlas.46
What the.... what kind of dyno were you on? These were the uncorrected numbers? Sounds like the dyno needs recalibrated... are you up in high elevation?
It was a DynoJet dyno. I figured I was being very leniant on the all motor claimed power of a said 280HP and when I seen 156HP on the screen I was pissed because I knew I was wasting my money on the runs. That would be a 125HP drivetrain loss...lmao. The guy literally had no freaking idea how to run a car on the dyno and ran the first run in 4th gear! For those who are unfamiliar with dynos, you're supposed to use the gear closest to a 1:1 ratio so that the dyno can make numbers as accurately as possible. In other words, the output of the axle shaft itself should be spinning as close to the same speed as the engine RPM. It was literally a 12 second pull and walked over to the window and informed him to put the car in third gear which very close to a 1:1 ratio. Then, on my first actual nitrous run, he "opens" up a the nitrous shut off valve by turning it 45*...um, why the hell is this guy doing dyno pulls and better yet, activating my nitrous system on my car! I was so scared he was going to break something on my car that I could barely focus on the actual dyno screen itself.

I proclaim this dyno an utter FAILURE!

Oh and btw, I'm not certain on the altitude but here in Dallas it couldn't be in excess in either direction.