HIT AND RUN (LONG!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2001 | 11:47 PM
Senior Moderator

HIT AND RUN (LONG!!!)

I went for a drive it was beautiful 70 no humidity...sun roof open windows down...i get to this light and im in the middle and here's this four/by/four old like late 70's explore or blazer or somethin...im a few cars back and the light turns and we all proceed preety slow lots of traffic almost imediately he jumps in my lane and is so far up my ass i feel a little uncomfortable so i start to coast mainting most of my speed but trying to get a little distance between me and the car in front i was only about a car length at 40-45 mph this guy was soo close all i could see was his grill so i lay on the horn.............he doesnt move and the traffic breaks up and i get the hell out of there i mean gone i get about a thousand yards or more but then catch a light...he's coming up behind me now the light changes and we start to go but the traffics heavy again then traffic really slows a cop with flashers i have to slow some more for the cars ahead of me and he comes up and BOOM nails me his car was so high his bumper hits my trunk about where the acura letters are i go to pull over and he just jets and were practically next to a cop!!!! ...he starts racing away but i follwo he turns and i know he's heading towards a part of town that the fire trucks cant even go to needless to sat he lost me the trunks pretty bad i think it has to be replaced my neck is killing me and ill bet it was a stolen tag! oh ya at one point he pulled over telling me to get out and it looked like he had a gun i was about 50-75 yds and already had it in reverse he said come on i said ill wait for the cops he repeated what i said and tore off the the dirt roads

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeR
Sundance Platinum
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around
-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
Old 02-09-2001 | 11:51 PM
The Creator

scary shit!

so did you get his plates or no... im confused?

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 02-10-2001 | 12:32 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

I had something similar happen to me last June. I was sideswiped by a Ford Bronco (big one). His windows were tinted and I could not see the driver. He swerved out into me as I was passing him on 2 lane Rt17A from Florida (NY) to Warwick, NY. Hit my right front fender, right door, rear wheel, and rear quarter panel. $1850 worth of damage. I started to pull over and he started to also, then when I was off the road, he ran for it. I caught him in no time but he was doing crazy stuff, passing on the right at over 100mph and throwing beer bottles out the window. I caught up with him just enough to get his plate number. I flagged down a cop but there was not much they could do because I could not tell who or what was driving (male or female). It cost me the deductible and a huge increase in premium. I found the guy and I saw that he put the truck up for sale. I took pictures of it but it was so beat up, I could prove nothing. Still makes me mad just to think about it. My CL-S was a little over 1 month old when it happened.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 02-10-2001 | 12:53 AM
Senior Moderator

thanks for the support got mine dec29th

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeR
Sundance Platinum
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around
-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
Old 02-10-2001 | 12:54 AM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
I had something similar happen to me last June. I was sideswiped by a Ford Bronco (big one). His windows were tinted and I could not see the driver. He swerved out into me as I was passing him on 2 lane Rt17A from Florida (NY) to Warwick, NY. Hit my right front fender, right door, rear wheel, and rear quarter panel. $1850 worth of damage. I started to pull over and he started to also, then when I was off the road, he ran for it. I caught him in no time but he was doing crazy stuff, passing on the right at over 100mph and throwing beer bottles out the window. I caught up with him just enough to get his plate number. I flagged down a cop but there was not much they could do because I could not tell who or what was driving (male or female). It cost me the deductible and a huge increase in premium. I found the guy and I saw that he put the truck up for sale. I took pictures of it but it was so beat up, I could prove nothing. Still makes me mad just to think about it. My CL-S was a little over 1 month old when it happened.

</font>
I'da probably blown up his car!!!

------------------
Please have a crane drop on my car so I have to buy a new CL-S. But wait till I'm not in the car. Thanks
Old 02-10-2001 | 12:55 AM
Senior Moderator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:

scary shit!

so did you get his plates or no... im confused?

</font>
i got his plates but im just thinkin theyre gonna turn up stolen although thr good news on that is it came up with an address and no report stole on the tags so maybe

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeR
Sundance Platinum
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around
-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
Old 02-10-2001 | 01:05 AM
Advanced

I still file a report if I were you, just to be on the safe side...

------------------
Silver CL type S
Old 02-10-2001 | 01:13 AM
Senior Moderator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chung S:
I still file a report if I were you, just to be on the safe side...

</font>
...oh i filed the cops said nothing can be done on the agrsvaited assualt but the fhp is working on the hit and run

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeR
Sundance Platinum
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around
-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
Old 02-10-2001 | 01:33 AM
Suzuka Master

go chase that mofo and run him over w/ your type S. actually back up into him w/ your dented trunk

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-10-2001 | 03:03 AM
Intermediate

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
It cost me the deductible and a huge increase in premium. I found the guy and I saw that he put the truck up for sale.
</font>
It's scary shit, but I don't get why your premium would increase. It was a hit and run and you were not at fault... Does this vary from state to state??

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL TypeS -- White/Ebony, No Emblems
1998 Honda Prelude -- Black/Black, MN5
Old 02-10-2001 | 06:51 AM
Powered By HONDA

i hate hit and run.someone hit me and drive away once..and i have to pay all the repair fee myself..dman.......

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!