Hit a fukin deer...recommend a body shop!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003 | 04:24 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Hit a fukin deer...recommend a body shop!

hit a fukin deer and messed up my passenger side door and lil bit of front fender. Went to an autobody shop and quoted me something like 2k out of pocket. The damage isn't even that much. I don't have pics but it's 4 dents on the door...2 the size of a fist and 2 smaller ones. One dent is where the line of the door is and the paint chipped about 3 inches. This guy at the shop was goin on and on about how he has to take out the fender and take out the rt side rear window and blah blah blah. Can anyone in the East bay recommend a reputable shop? Does $2k even sound right? Any help. Also, my deductible I was told was $250. Oh yea, deer was fine, bastard got up and kept running!
Old 09-11-2003 | 04:33 PM
Beware of leakage

Well, IF going to use insurance would have to talk to your agent about whats body shops they would like you to get quotes from. If you want to avoid the rate increase and the strike against you (even though not your fault) get more than one quote and see who has the best deal.
Old 09-11-2003 | 04:37 PM
Senior Moderator

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ANOTHER THREAD WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2003 | 07:27 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

sorry synth, I wanted to take pics of the dear but the bastard took off running. I'll take pics of the car when I bring to the shop. I talked to my insurance co and they said my premium wouldn't go up which is cool but why is my deductible only 250? Doesn't that fall under comprehensive? Should I have initially said it was major damage intead of minor when I made the claim? This sucks so bad, this is my first accident and I just had the car detailed too! But anyway, still waiting for any recommendations with shops. This place AAA sent me to looks like they dealt mostly w/ domestic cars. I didn't see one import and I'm worried they won't know how to put things back.
Old 09-11-2003 | 07:30 PM
"hey...wanna f^&k"

Re: Hit a fukin deer...recommend a body shop!

Originally posted by TypeS_boi
hit a fukin deer and messed up my passenger side door and lil bit of front fender. Went to an autobody shop and quoted me something like 2k out of pocket. The damage isn't even that much. I don't have pics but it's 4 dents on the door...2 the size of a fist and 2 smaller ones. One dent is where the line of the door is and the paint chipped about 3 inches. This guy at the shop was goin on and on about how he has to take out the fender and take out the rt side rear window and blah blah blah. Can anyone in the East bay recommend a reputable shop? Does $2k even sound right? Any help. Also, my deductible I was told was $250. Oh yea, deer was fine, bastard got up and kept running!

been there done that...

without seeing pics...cant really tell you what it looks like to repair. my damage on my previous car was around $1100