Old 10-29-2001, 06:57 PM
Shalom

Hey Mustang lovers! No stories here!

No Stories here! Just facts!

SuperCharged Maxima vs 2001 5spd Mustank GT

http://www.christurner.net/supra/8-S...-GTMustang.mpg

SC Max vs 5.0L Modded Rustang

http://www.christurner.net/supra/6-SCMaxima-Mustang.mpg

SC Max vs 5.0L modded Rustank. The Rustang even jumps the start!

http://www.christurner.net/supra/7-SCMaxima-Mustang.mpg

We need boost!
Old 10-29-2001, 07:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It didn't even look like the first 2001 Mustang was racing. I seriously doubt even a supercharged Maxima would beat it that badly.

Let's see that Maxima go up against a new Cobra. Or place a supercharger on the Maxima. Quite a different story..
Old 10-29-2001, 07:30 PM
Shalom

Originally posted by cusdaddy
It didn't even look like the first 2001 Mustang was racing. I seriously doubt even a supercharged Maxima would beat it that badly.

Let's see that Maxima go up against a new Cobra. Or place a supercharger on the Maxima. Quite a different story..

All those cars were racing trust me. That SC Max is extremely fast! It has 9.5psi SC. And would and did beat it that badly. That SC Max would beat the new Cobra no problem! It will run with a bpu++ supra so do the math! Unless the mustanks have boost it wouldn't touch it!
Old 10-29-2001, 09:28 PM
Banned

I'll tell my stories here all I damn well please, jackass. I am upfront about what my car runs.

I don't see the point of those videos. Comparable mods to the Mustank/Rustang/Rustank and they will walk away from an s/c Maxima.
Old 10-30-2001, 02:32 AM
Unemployed BUM

"Nice" video! It really shows that Mustang GT's are "inferior" and "slow". The funny thing about the video happens near the ending. Did you guys notice that on the three videos, none of the "slow" mustangs appear to be pulling away relative to the other headlights behind?

Hmmm...Shaka == Shalom ??? Any thoughts?
Old 10-30-2001, 02:36 AM
Shalom

Originally posted by Pull_T
I'll tell my stories here all I damn well please, jackass. I am upfront about what my car runs.

I don't see the point of those videos. Comparable mods to the Mustank/Rustang/Rustank and they will walk away from an s/c Maxima.
Too bad your rustang would lose! A four door family sedan against the mighty Mustang GT and modded at that would still lose! All the noise and torque and get pulled on by a poor ole family sedan...
Old 10-30-2001, 02:41 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Shalom

Too bad your rustang would lose! A four door family sedan against the mighty Mustang GT and modded at that would still lose! All the noise and torque and get pulled on by a poor ole family sedan...
And there are 5 second Neons running in Pro Stock NHRA. There is always something faster out there. I could mod any car to beat my Cobra. No big deal.

What do you run, Shaka?
Old 10-30-2001, 02:53 AM
Unemployed BUM

And there are 5 second Neons running in Pro Stock NHRA. There is always something faster out there. I could mod any car to beat my Cobra. No big deal.

What do you run, Shaka?
I think he still drives his (her?) pink Huffy bicycle.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:01 AM
Shalom

Originally posted by friendlydacat
"Nice" video! It really shows that Mustang GT's are "inferior" and "slow". The funny thing about the video happens near the ending. Did you guys notice that on the three videos, none of the "slow" mustangs appear to be pulling away relative to the other headlights behind?

Hmmm...Shaka == Shalom ??? Any thoughts?
The cars behind were a modded C4 Vette, Two Modded Supra Turbos, and a modded RX-7. All of which were spectators. All of which are much faster than a NA Modded Mustang!
Old 10-30-2001, 03:15 AM
Banned

The cars behind were a modded C4 Vette, Two Modded Supra Turbos, and a modded RX-7. All of which were spectators. All of which are much faster than a NA Modded Mustang!
...and YOUR car runs what ???
Old 10-30-2001, 08:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by friendlydacat

I think he still drives his (her?) pink Huffy bicycle.
i saw her, and its a razor.:o
Old 10-30-2001, 11:39 AM
Shalom

...and YOUR car runs what ???
I drive a stock 260HP CL-S and I run 15.2
Old 10-30-2001, 01:26 PM
6 speed...

which, ironically, is slower than pull_t's na modded mustang (cobra)...
Old 10-30-2001, 02:09 PM
Shalom

Originally posted by tankmonkey

which, ironically, is slower than pull_t's na modded mustang (cobra)...
Correct! My stock CL-S is slower than his modded Cobra. Like is Modded Cobra is slower than a stock SS. His absoulte best time ever with his modded cobra isn't even a low as the average STOCK SS times.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:00 PM
Banned

Correct! My stock CL-S is slower than his modded Cobra. Like is Modded Cobra is slower than a stock SS. His absoulte best time ever with his modded cobra isn't even a low as the average STOCK SS times.
I've made it plainly clear what my car runs. I don't understand your fetish with belaboring that a STOCK SS should beat me.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:15 PM
6 speed...

a stock ss what? ss camaro? when did that enter the discussion?

there are lots of cars that can beat a cobra, modded or not. I don't see why you think that's a big deal when pull_t isn't making any claims beyond being able to take your car down.

a poor ole family sedan with a supercharger... I wonder why there's no contest stock vs. stock?

you do make the stupidest freaking arguments, you know? I believe you have achieved supreme toolness.

btw: your 15.2 run is nothing to brag about, either... I ran multiple 14.8s my very first time at the track, and my car is as stock as they come. I doubt you could handle the power a s/c maxima or the bpu supra (or whatever it is that creams your twinkie) makes well enough to get it down the track faster than what you are driving right now.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:32 PM
Shalom

Originally posted by tankmonkey

a stock ss what? ss camaro? when did that enter the discussion?

there are lots of cars that can beat a cobra, modded or not. I don't see why you think that's a big deal when pull_t isn't making any claims beyond being able to take your car down.

a poor ole family sedan with a supercharger... I wonder why there's no contest stock vs. stock?

you do make the stupidest freaking arguments, you know? I believe you have achieved supreme toolness.

btw: your 15.2 run is nothing to brag about, either... I ran multiple 14.8s my very first time at the track, and my car is as stock as they come. I doubt you could handle the power a s/c maxima or the bpu supra (or whatever it is that creams your twinkie) makes well enough to get it down the track faster than what you are driving right now.
Blah blah blah How about posting a race story oh great one!
Old 10-31-2001, 08:20 AM
6 speed...

Blah blah blah How about posting a race story oh great one!
speaking of blah blah blah, tool...

okay...

how 'bout the time I raced this c4 vette back in college... we were both taking a left from the overpass to get onto the freeway (hwy 6 at holleman, for those who know their way around college station, tx) and he was in front of me at the light. the light changed and he slow rolled it around the corner and onto the feeder road, which is really annoying 'cause first gear is tall and the engine doesn't like to be lugged in second gear. about 2 seconds after he made the turn, at approximately 15 mph, he stood on the gas for the run down the feeder to the onramp (this being texas, the feeder roads sometimes go a while without a freeway entrance). by the time he did this, I was already rolling on the throttle and had planned to go to the right lane to pass him (assuming he was going to keep poking along).

needless to say, we both took off, and I aborted the lane change maneuver because I wasn't sure I could make the pass stick (vettes are pretty fast, after all). after being pelted with all sorts of debris, rocks, rubber pellets, exhaust fumes, etc. from this guy's huge rear tires (he spun 'em at 15 mph) I finished out 1st (good to about 65mph) caught second, swapped lanes, made my pass, and blew onto the freeway at about 105mph (with him trailing 2 or so cars behind) and did my best to stay out of his way when he passed me back a few seconds later.

I don't know how fast he was going by then, but he came as close to giving a truck in the fast lane a corvette enema as I've ever seen a person come without actually doing it. smoke from all four corners, a couple of twitches, and onto the hard shoulder just before the point of impact would have occurred. the guy in the truck never even noticed (people *are* oblivious, I tell you) and I rolled on by at about 80mph in the slow lane.

so I beat a c4 vette. on a 398cc suzuki bandit gsf400 with nothing but sprockets, a supertrapp, and a targa fairing (oh yeah, and a 14,000 rpm redline). and for what it's worth, 105 mph was about the servicable top end on that little bike (it'd actually pull to nearly 130 with the bikini fairing, but we're talking a mile of stretching the throttle to the stops to do it, so not very useful).

next time you're a wiseass, shalom, I'm gonna bore you with tales of roadracing ysr50 2-strokes with tmgp (if you've ever wondered where 'tankmonkey' came from...) at katy, denton, oak hill and the infield at texas world speedway (that was actually during lunch at a keith code cornering school and some of us were racing pitbikes on the short road course).

you've been warned.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:21 AM
Banned

Well boys, you need not worry. Mr Shalom has been banned.

EDIT - apparently he isn't banned - but take this as a warning, Shalom. More crap and you go the way of Scott and Adrienne.

Edit #2 - now he's banned.

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled speed bickering.
Old 10-31-2001, 04:29 PM
SatinCL

I will ban "Newbie" and/or blantant troublemakers with no exceptions.
Old 10-31-2001, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

Damn, this guy is trying to glorify a car like mine, and is fucking me instead. I don't think my car is a supercar, and neither should he. Please don't hate on s/c Max's just cause this shit is bragging about one, and making us look like a Civic Si driver.