Help, trying to revive

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, trying to revive

Hello friends. Crashed my car against railroad track pole. I hit front right side, not so hard but both airbags deployed. Tranny shift lever is now very hard to move (automatic) - managed to force it and shifted into park and still car does not start... tried to shift out of park but it won't... any suggestions on where to start looking for my problem? I will fix body damage but first need to be able to move car. Do you think that maybe tranny and engine are out of position making it hard to shift? or something to do with the cables going from the shift lever to the tranny? Any help is highly appreciated.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
yea if the tranny is hard to shift in to then u definately bent the subframe chief and likely the unibody is warped like mine is from my collision. i had a used set of sub frame(s) (upper and lower i believe) and they were replaced by acura at the DLR but then found the car's funibody was twisted and front passenger side was too far forward and too far out of the car. to fix i modified the radius rod(caster arm) and then slightly adjusted my camber so it LOOKed like the car is mint. with a hint of tow out it drives straight as an arrow again and wheel is centered. but the tires wear unevenly now that's the only PITA.

my airbags did not go off in my collision which i thought was relatively violent (i dunno how they did not go off) I even bent the roof to the point the sunroof would not seal! which my mechanics had never even heard of with a wheel on wheel collison. everyone's interpretation of a bad crash is different.

i think ur looking at towwing it somewhere to get it on a hoist to see if things are even worth reparing.

hope the best for you bud but I have to warn you.. prepare for some not so good news.

how did this ordeal occur if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Instructor

will start taking apart tomorrow and get a better look.
how did it happen... wild night out, don't even remember... almost made it home
Old 03-16-2012, 04:59 PM
6mt swapped..smart

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
Holy shit .. wild night is right bro
Old 03-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
What happens in Panama, stays in Panama.
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (03-18-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Instructor

thanks for the support guys. have to "pull" front end, bring back strut to position, hope control arms are not ruined. Will be better if I replace hood, bumper and right fender... any suggestions... buying them new is too expensive, salvage yards have them at almost same price as acuraoem website... maybe someone here parting out? sugestions are more than welcome. all the best my friends
By the way... this car rules!!! this accident in any jap car and i would not be here (not to mention korean). I am definitely going to try and get a new Acura... also open to sugestions (i am on a budget)
Old 03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
shit this is one of those times id be happier if i was wrong