Head Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head Lights

OK its official I htink acura fucked up so much. About a month ago my lights just started fogging up for no reason so i was liek oh well because i was planning on opening it up and taking out the orange to clear it out. SO i spend 6 hours doing it and then i was getting sloppy and rushed sealing it backup so i jsut had to redo it AGAIN but this time i spent 6 hours JST on one side to make sure theres no problems. And it just started foggin gup again. Does anyone have any solutions on why it could be fogging up. I Know the edges are sealed tight as hell because imade sure to use so much freaking silicon there would definitely be no gaps.

------------------
01' CL 3.2 Premium.
Tan/Black
Neuspeed Strut Bar
Diamond Nicrome Limo Mirror Tint
Undetectable K40 w/t Diffuser
Kicker 12" Competition
Cleared Headlights
Custom Int/Ext Lights
Comptech Sway Bars
AEM CAI w/t Bypass Valve
Old 04-06-2001, 11:05 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have seen this happen alot on cars that have had their headlights opened up.The most likely source of moisture (assuming you fully resealed the light) is water still in the light assembly.Once water gets in there it can stay in there for a considerable time.It takes only a few drops to form annoying condensation.Another source of water getting in there is an unseen crack on the housing.Another way is a bad seal on one of the access ports in the back of the housing.Check all of this out if there is no problem with any of the seals park the car outdoors on a nice sunny day with the lights facing the sun.Remove the light bulbs (use caution they are fragile) and leave the back of the assemblies open to vent fresh air in.Once all the condensation is gone put everything back together and see if things stay dry.If not you may have to repeat the procedure a few times to fully dry out the light.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 04-06-2001, 11:13 PM
Instructor

THank you JEns,
Well the thing is that i am completley sure that i sealed it up this time because i messed up on it last time so i was dead sure i was not going to do it wrong this time around. The silicon was just loadedup and it sealed perfectly. I putthe lights together in my room so i shouold not have any humidity problems while sealing it. One thing is that i am missing one screw for the high beams. Do you think this could cause humidity to get in the lights? I dont think it is the reason because the lights are pretty snug in there and everything else seems right, but its a possibility, perhaps you would know more. I really do not want to go back and redo the lights again.
i still havent even fixed my other side. Im worried because before i eeven messed with my lights i had probems, so i hope its not an unseen hole in the back or something because i know acura will not fix it because i messed with the lights, even though if it was a hole, it was their fault originally.

------------------
01' CL 3.2 Premium.
Tan/Black
Neuspeed Strut Bar
Kicker 12" Competition
Cleared Headlights
Custom Int/Ext Lights
Comptech Sway Bars
AEM CAI w/t Bypass Valve
Old 04-06-2001, 11:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts
Why didn't you take it to the dealer in the first place?

------------------
Alex
Old 04-07-2001, 01:23 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AirC:
THank you JEns,
Well the thing is that i am completley sure that i sealed it up this time because i messed up on it last time so i was dead sure i was not going to do it wrong this time around. The silicon was just loadedup and it sealed perfectly. I putthe lights together in my room so i shouold not have any humidity problems while sealing it. One thing is that i am missing one screw for the high beams. Do you think this could cause humidity to get in the lights? I dont think it is the reason because the lights are pretty snug in there and everything else seems right, but its a possibility, perhaps you would know more. I really do not want to go back and redo the lights again.
i still havent even fixed my other side. Im worried because before i eeven messed with my lights i had probems, so i hope its not an unseen hole in the back or something because i know acura will not fix it because i messed with the lights, even though if it was a hole, it was their fault originally.

</font>

When did you install them? Last night? If so it was for sure humidity. The humidity was at like 96% last night. You should really put them together on the car in the middle of the day.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Comptech Springs
Comptech Exhaust
Denso Spark Plugs
Apexi V-AFC
AEM CAI
Old 04-07-2001, 04:01 AM
Instructor

Well i sealed the lights back together INSIDE my house so that there woudl be no humidity. THen i put the lights back on the car today at 2 pm.... So i dont htink that should have problems with humidity do you>?

------------------
01' CL 3.2 Premium.
Tan/Black
Neuspeed Strut Bar
Kicker 12" Competition
Cleared Headlights
Custom Int/Ext Lights
Comptech Sway Bars
AEM CAI w/t Bypass Valve
Old 04-07-2001, 05:12 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AirC:
Well i sealed the lights back together INSIDE my house so that there woudl be no humidity. THen i put the lights back on the car today at 2 pm.... So i dont htink that should have problems with humidity do you>?

</font>
Na thats right. I just got you message about the screw missing. That could be your problem. You need to make sure your seal is good on those high beams.

Old 04-07-2001, 07:48 AM
Advanced

one thing you should do is just be patient, my friends and i clear most hondas, and it may just be a one time thing... it's strange, because it happens only one time and NEVER happens again. this happened to me. but after a whole 6 months of having the car, it has NEVER happened again.

------------------
'01 cl type-S black/black
mods (in order):
35% neutral smoke tint... cleared out headlights replaced with polarg m-14's and piaa 19169's... piaa 19169's in roadlamps, doorlights, maplights, trunk light, license plate light... mini-max hyperwhite domelight... comptech headers, springs, swaybars, and drop-in filter... infinity basslink subwoofer
Old 04-07-2001, 09:12 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A missing screw could cause a problem assuming the hole it goes into is open into the interior of the lamp assy.It could also cause a problem if the part it is holding together does not seat and seal properly because it is missing.I know what you are going thru as right now I am in the middle of installing xenon lights in my Civic(third try now).So far due to the plug configurations on the light assemblies I am getting condensation in the lights as the rubber seals on the back of the lights are not a good fit on the xenon plugs.But have patience I am sure you will sort this one out.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 04-08-2001, 03:34 AM
Instructor

Thank you everyone for all the responses. I guess i will just get myself a new screw and hopefully just wait itout and hope the condensation will go away. Jens good luck with your xenons, i know its all a pain.. I just hope the condensation doesnt ruin the HID bulb to the point where acura will blame me for it and im looking into some major money..

------------------
01' CL 3.2 Premium.
Tan/Black
Neuspeed Strut Bar
Kicker 12" Competition
Cleared Headlights
Custom Int/Ext Lights
Comptech Sway Bars
AEM CAI w/t Bypass Valve
Old 04-08-2001, 05:09 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
well i think u have to wait for at least 2 weeks to let the silicone to seal completely... and DONT WASH ur car or DRive ur car inthe raining day. for like 1 month..
then it should be fine ( I ASSUMED U SEALED IT GOOD). cuz for most of the car, once u open up ur headlights, they will be foggy in the first couple month ( weeks) then they will go away and never come back again.
when i first cleared my lights, i washed my car in the 2nd day( SMART ME) and the next day i could see water in my headlights HAHAHA
then i resealed them again and now it s been 2 weeks,... i havent seen any fog YET.. ( i havent washed my car for 2 weeeks either)
Old 04-08-2001, 05:33 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oonowindoo:
well i think u have to wait for at least 2 weeks to let the silicone to seal completely... and DONT WASH ur car or DRive ur car inthe raining day. for like 1 month..
then it should be fine ( I ASSUMED U SEALED IT GOOD). cuz for most of the car, once u open up ur headlights, they will be foggy in the first couple month ( weeks) then they will go away and never come back again.
when i first cleared my lights, i washed my car in the 2nd day( SMART ME) and the next day i could see water in my headlights HAHAHA
then i resealed them again and now it s been 2 weeks,... i havent seen any fog YET.. ( i havent washed my car for 2 weeeks either)
</font>
Glad to know you're a pioneer for us all

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Monterey Blue, Parchment interior
Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
Polarg/PIAA super white interior lights *bling bling*
HP Quantum 28 -- 31% metallic tint all around

Blue Lady Dragon

Ferrari F355 Challenge Lap Times (Dreamcast):
-Motegi: 0'37"822 , sprint total 2'42"892
-Suzuka (short): 0'57"873