Having some problems with the car. Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003 | 09:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Having some problems with the car. Help

Well first of all tonight I get in the car, and the seatback on the passenger side was on the floor.

The Pass Mirror won't move to the right anymore.

The heated seats on drivers side seems to get hot eventhough the switch is off.

The Drivers seat doesn't move easy on the track when moving it forward and back.

The heat when on floor mode mostly comes out the top vents, and little on the floor.

Any help on what to do or look at would be appreciated.

BTW. Its an 01 CLS I bought new new Jan 01 and has 81,000 miles.
Old 07-16-2003 | 09:26 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

1) Mirror: I do not know, you have to check it out.
2) Try to remove the switch and see if it is stuck . Maybe you need a new switch ( few bucks at the dealer)
3) You may need to spray some lub on the seat rail. Try some WD-40.
4) When is the last time you replaced the AC filers (2 filter behind the glove box)?
Old 07-17-2003 | 07:03 AM
retired

See if the driver mirror moves normally ,if it does the passenger mirror is no good.iF it does not move the switch is no good .
Is the passenger seat exposed to sunlight? I ask as I have people on a regular basis try to convince me the seats should be cool not hot when the car is parked in the sun .If it is parked in the shade and the seat warms noticeably try removing the passenger seat heater switch and have a look see if a a lot of dirt has accumulated on it .If so see if you can clean it or reploace it .
The seat will probably need lubrication as Nashua noted .If that fails the rails will need a replacement.
The heat issue is most likely a failed mode motor on the drivers side of the heater case .Look right next to the gas pedal ,there is a small box with a green connector there .Operate the climate control panel mode selector knobs .You should se some movement there or hear noises .If you mode motor does nothing it needs replacing if it clicks audibly it is also dead .You can also check the temp motor on the passenger side as well this way .
Jens
Old 07-17-2003 | 07:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

The Drivers Mirror operates perfectly.

The car does get a lot of sun during the day, but the hot seat can happen when 30 minutes into my ride home. I figure it gets hot when in direct sun.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix the back of the seat ( where the pocket is) It just fell off yesterday, and it looks like the plastic clips on the bottom are warped.

I looked at my rails and they look good. I had my Serice done only a few weeks ago for the A/C Filters, and Tranny.

And I will take a look at the Vents to see if it motor is activating or not.

BTW. I do have the extended warranty I bought when I purchased the car. JENS Would any of these items be covered by the Acura Extended Warranty ? If they are I'll head up to your shop. I have not been happy with my dealer, as I am always having my brakes done, and they never honored any of the TSB's saying I always had to many miles on it,

THank you,
Jon

Originally posted by Jens H.
See if the driver mirror moves normally ,if it does the passenger mirror is no good.iF it does not move the switch is no good .
Is the passenger seat exposed to sunlight? I ask as I have people on a regular basis try to convince me the seats should be cool not hot when the car is parked in the sun .If it is parked in the shade and the seat warms noticeably try removing the passenger seat heater switch and have a look see if a a lot of dirt has accumulated on it .If so see if you can clean it or reploace it .
The seat will probably need lubrication as Nashua noted .If that fails the rails will need a replacement.
The heat issue is most likely a failed mode motor on the drivers side of the heater case .Look right next to the gas pedal ,there is a small box with a green connector there .Operate the climate control panel mode selector knobs .You should se some movement there or hear noises .If you mode motor does nothing it needs replacing if it clicks audibly it is also dead .You can also check the temp motor on the passenger side as well this way .
Jens
Old 07-17-2003 | 09:01 AM
retired

Two tie wraps and two new clips will cure the back of the seat issue post haste .
You would have to arrange for an appointment with us with a loaner car (you must be 21 or older (valid driver license insurance card) .We would then diagnose the car call extended and see if it is covered .Without knowing specifically what is wrong with the car I cannot guarantee warranty will pay for a repair as what each plan covers varies greatly and also who the extended warranty company is .
A word about TSB's: these are essentially a set of directions for known problems .Your car must be in factory warranty and the conditions must be met for the TSB to apply .TSB should not be confused with recalls as they are two totally different things .TSB info is mostly a way to standardize a repair for a known problem so that all the dealers are doing the same thing and not "padding" a repair for extra money .You can still get TSB work done if the district manager so approves it even after the warranty expires .
If you would like you can contact us for an appointment at (201)587-0029 .
Jens