Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This winter storage thing is tough. Not that my 94 Accord 4 door isn't a blast to drive. Tell me again what it's like to drive a CL 6 speed.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:33 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

Originally posted by paulff3
This winter storage thing is tough. Not that my 94 Accord 4 door isn't a blast to drive. Tell me again what it's like to drive a CL 6 speed.
A blast and loads of fun
Old 03-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never stored a car before. What do you do, drain all the fluids, or leave em in there and start it periodically?
Old 03-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Drifting

why dont u drive ur 6 speed in the winter?
Old 03-23-2004, 03:43 PM

Why store an acura?

That's so funny. Its not a ferrari. Its basically just a new accord with different gears and cosmetic differences.

Sounds like a waste to me.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

It's great. When a screaming yellow s2000 comes up on you fast, you can drop into 3rd (for a split second) and away you go
Old 03-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Same here Paul.. had to put it 30 miles away in my other garage since I did some major remodeling here and needed the garage here all winter... I will be reinstalling some parts this weekend on the car and I will then proceed to bring her back HOME to me..., I can not wait....

P.S. For you guys that think it is stupid to store an Acura, I think you should think twice before you make such a BOLD statement. I got every penny I put into my last car and 2K on top of it when I sold it privately after 3 yrs of owning it and putting 20K on it..MINT condition...., so your .02 cents is taken lightly, you have no clue what your talking about...

P.S.S. My last car was a 1999 10th Anniv. Edition Mitsu. Eclipse..and they made more of those than they did my CL-S....

We shall see how much $$$ I get for this one in 2-4 yrs, if I sell...

P.S.S.S. also wanted to add, some of us have the resources to store vehicles since we have more than 1...
Old 03-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Originally posted by TypeSKid
Why store an acura?

That's so funny. Its not a ferrari. Its basically just a new accord with different gears and cosmetic differences.

Same reason I don't drive the G35 in snow....no freakin' snow tires!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Race Director

Tell me again what it's like to drive a CL 6 speed.
Almost as fun as driving my auto.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by gto2050
Same reason I don't drive the G35 in snow....no freakin' snow tires!
Get some..the G is a fucking blast in the snow!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Originally posted by tmk70
Get some..the G is a fucking blast in the snow!!!
Nah, I just drive my 96 Exploder!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Re: Re: Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

Originally posted by Chaptorial
Almost as fun as driving my auto.
Uh ...no...:shakehd: :sneer: :hurryup: :nutkick:
Old 03-23-2004, 04:42 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

my auot is a blast to drive, i cant imagine how fun the 6 speed is, feel bad for you man
Old 03-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Manny Tranny

I put mine in winter storage on Dec 14th. It's coming out of the garage this weekend (Sun)for a 15 minute drive and then an oil drain and fill with Mobil1. Then I'm good unitl next Dec! I can't tell you how freeken happy I am about this. Time to put the Winter unit away. Yea haw
Old 03-23-2004, 07:05 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by TypeSKid
Why store an acura?

I gotta agree
Old 03-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by pimpscls
my auot is a blast to drive, i cant imagine how fun the 6 speed is, feel bad for you man
If it's such a blast why do you want the E36 M3 ?:P
Old 03-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Burning Brakes

I've talked about this before. I take the the train into Boston. In the past I have been vandalized repeatedly at the train station. My 95 GSR was vandalized 4 times in the course of 2 or so years. When I got my 6 speed it got keyed 6 days after I took delivery of it at the train station. At that point, I had enough. My significant other was replacing her 94 Accord and said I could have it for trade-in value (auction price). So, I jumped on it.

Having a beater and being able to store my 6 speed for the winter is great (other than missing driving it). I ski and trips up to the slopes are tough on a car. My 6 speed is in the garage in new condition.

I know not everyone agrees with winter storage, but I can do it and it works for me.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:38 AM

Well I can't blame you for storing it. I think its weak how people want to vandalize the nice things that others have worked to obtain. Makes me angry!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Suzuka Master

I am in the same boat as Paul, I live right in the heart of the city. Those damn thieves destroyed my 1984 Volkswagon Rabbit Diesel... I mean stripped it CLEAN.. so now I garage my car...and when I need to use the garage, I move the car to my other garage for storage till I can bring it back... besides I have 2 Company vehicles sitting here at my disposal..
Old 03-24-2004, 08:38 AM
has Gloryhole Girls in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Smitty
I am in the same boat as Paul, I live right in the heart of the city. Those damn thieves destroyed my 1984 Volkswagon Rabbit Diesel... I mean stripped it CLEAN.. so now I garage my car...and when I need to use the garage, I move the car to my other garage for storage till I can bring it back... besides I have 2 Company vehicles sitting here at my disposal..
By company vehicles do you mean one of these
:
I am sure its great for picking up the ladies
Old 03-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Wrong again Phil

:P

Old 03-24-2004, 08:55 AM
has Gloryhole Girls in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was j/k smitty

you must feel like a hardcore pittsburg mob boss driving the caddy
Old 03-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Team Owner

Re: Wrong again Phil

I’d be really pissed if I paid all that money and my “final ride” was in the back of a 94 CARAVAN !!!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:17 AM
10th Gear

Re: Re: Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

You made your money back because it has good resale value. LOL. I am sorry, its stupid to store a car. Actually more waste of money if you actually add everything up!

Same here Paul.. had to put it 30 miles away in my other garage since I did some major remodeling here and needed the garage here all winter... I will be reinstalling some parts this weekend on the car and I will then proceed to bring her back HOME to me..., I can not wait....

P.S. For you guys that think it is stupid to store an Acura, I think you should think twice before you make such a BOLD statement. I got every penny I put into my last car and 2K on top of it when I sold it privately after 3 yrs of owning it and putting 20K on it..MINT condition...., so your .02 cents is taken lightly, you have no clue what your talking about...

P.S.S. My last car was a 1999 10th Anniv. Edition Mitsu. Eclipse..and they made more of those than they did my CL-S....

We shall see how much $$$ I get for this one in 2-4 yrs, if I sell...

P.S.S.S. also wanted to add, some of us have the resources to store vehicles since we have more than 1...
Old 03-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Wrong again Phil

Originally posted by Shawn S
I’d be really pissed if I paid all that money and my “final ride” was in the back of a 94 CARAVAN !!!
Your final ride is in a Hearse to the cemetery or crematory.... I just pick them up from Home or Hospital in the loser cruiser van...
Old 03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

Originally posted by 2fstforu
You made your money back because it has good resale value. LOL. I am sorry, its stupid to store a car. Actually more waste of money if you actually add everything up!
... riiiiight... you know all Mr. Wonderful....do not hate because you can not do it!... What you think is stupid, makes perfect sense to me.. I am the 1 with the $ in my pocket from the car before this one... Got to find the right buyer... took me 3 months and BAM, it was gone the next day...:P
Old 03-24-2004, 06:42 PM
10th Gear

Re: Re: Re: Re: Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

... riiiiight... you know all Mr. Wonderful....do not hate because you can not do it!... What you think is stupid, makes perfect sense to me.. I am the 1 with the $ in my pocket from the car before this one... Got to find the right buyer... took me 3 months and BAM, it was gone the next day...:P
No think of it this way.

2nd car costs money to buy, costs money for extra insurance and maintain as well. Paying monthly on a new car that is stored and not using it is a waste of money. Prepping the car, buying the materials, finding or renting a place to keep it if needed all add up more than what your car value would be if you didn't store it and used it. Your spending more money. I personally would buy the car and use it. If it was a rare car, or a current muscle car like a 2003-2004 cobra, yes i would store it. But not a ACURA CL. lol
Old 03-25-2004, 07:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

No think of it this way.

2nd car costs money to buy, costs money for extra insurance and maintain as well. Paying monthly on a new car that is stored and not using it is a waste of money. Prepping the car, buying the materials, finding or renting a place to keep it if needed all add up more than what your car value would be if you didn't store it and used it. Your spending more money. I personally would buy the car and use it. If it was a rare car, or a current muscle car like a 2003-2004 cobra, yes i would store it. But not a ACURA CL. lol
I think 2003 6 speeds are rare..... but I store mine because I like having a car that is in nice condition. Drving a car in New England during the winter is brutal on it. As I said earlier, not every one agrees with winter storage, but for some of us, it works. In my case, the money I was spending on vandalism repairs (see 3rd message) goes a long way for paying for a beater.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

Drving a car in New England during the winter is brutal on it.
I won't drive my 79 bus in the new england winters. I do drive my CLS all year tho', but that's what I bought it for.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts

I think 2003 6 speeds are rare..... but I store mine because I like having a car that is in nice condition. Drving a car in New England during the winter is brutal on it. As I said earlier, not every one agrees with winter storage, but for some of us, it works. In my case, the money I was spending on vandalism repairs (see 3rd message) goes a long way for paying for a beater.
Both of you guys make valid points.

Though CLS 6MTs are not too common, they're not collector's items either. However, if you were to sell it, you could gain a little more $$$ because it's garage kept and has lower than avg miles (my assumption).

However, you're still paying for its upkeep, in addition to any initial cash outlay: finance charges, insurance, registration, oil changes (every 3 mos), though not brake jobs, clutch replcmnt and ever increasing fuel costs (thank you OPEC).

With very few exceptions (i.e.: low production cars like Ferrari F50s, Lamboghini Diablos, etc,) , cars are depreciating assets from the moment they roll off the assembly line. Unless you stay ahead of the cost curve (where your cost of ownership < mkt value), we're all screwed.

just my $.02.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Haven't driven my CL 6sp since November.

No think of it this way.

See here blind man... I have the RESOURCES to do as I wish... If you did NOT read above like I told you to do in the first place, then maybe you should back track and read again... I am a silent partner in a business. I do not OWN the Co. vehicles.. the Company does.. so I use them.. so there is no 2nd vehicle on my insurance.... My insurance can be dropped at ANYTIME and brought back within a phone call....... I am not spending money on gas or storage because I have a Company gas card and the resources to store the car for free when I want... I detail autos on the side when I am not busy and I own a detail shoppe 30 miles south of where I work everyday. so there is not wasted material....

Sounds to me you act like Muscle cars are the only thing worth holding onto... kinda funny how some people think... like I stated above.. I am the one with the $$$ in my pocket from my previous auto... so do yourself a favor and go think of ideas how you can make money instead of try and beat people down that HAVE the RESOURCES to do as they wish.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

I am a silent partner in a business.
How "silent"?
Old 03-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by gto2050
How "silent"?
You never heard of a silent partnership?....
Put it this way, I can do as I wish when I wish to do it. I treat them right and I am taken care of very well.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
....any mafia involvement here?? NEVERMIND!! I dont want to know. IP addresses are traceable.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

You never heard of a silent partnership?....
Put it this way, I can do as I wish when I wish to do it. I treat them right and I am taken care of very well.
No mang... I was ragging on you for the funeral/death/burial thing...you know "silent"
Old 03-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Suzuka Master

.. that one went over my head... I thought you were serious.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Manny Tranny

The reason I put mine in storage (~Dec - ~Mar) is I can't stand driving my CL-S dirty. It's so hard in New England to keep a car clean in the Winter. I'd rather get my Winter unit full of salt and wash that once a month (in freezing weather). The CL-S is my "showroom" condition car