Have a question for all

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005 | 07:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a question for all

I set an appointment at acura to let them fix my power window motor and fix the rattling noise in my dash. I called up my usual person who I talk to at Ardmore Acura and he said it's gonna take a day or maybe more. I asked hey can you hook me up with a Courtesy Loaner Car and he was like call me back tomorrow and I'll hold you one. I called back today and asked and he left for the day early. Do you think it's ok for me to yell at him because he lied to me? Or just let it go and get the POS rental they'll give me?
Old 03-16-2005 | 07:31 PM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Both. It wasnt right for him to promise something and then not follow through. But on the other hand it wasnt in writing (correct?) so its not like it he HAD to provide a car for you. So I would say something when you go to pick it up or maybe write a letter to his manager or something. They might hook you up with a free oil change or a percentage off your bill or something.
Old 03-16-2005 | 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by racersky
I called back today and asked and he left for the day early. Do you think it's ok for me to yell at him because he lied to me? Or just let it go and get the POS rental they'll give me?

So you called back too late today and he's gone. WTF are you going to yell about?

The loaner program is a privilege not a right. They'll just go tell you to pound sand if you whine like a bitch.
Old 03-16-2005 | 09:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
So you called back too late today and he's gone. WTF are you going to yell about?

The loaner program is a privilege not a right. They'll just go tell you to pound sand if you whine like a bitch.
True that. You want a loaner, call and be on their ass about. I'm always there first thing in the morning and if they don't have a car they tell me up front.
Old 03-16-2005 | 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

He told me he's going to be at Acura till 8 on Wednesday which is today and I called the same time like I did yesterday which was around 5:30 and they said he left like a half an hour ago. Don't worry I'll be in their face alright tomorrow since I'm gonna be there 7:45 in the morning.
Old 03-16-2005 | 10:05 PM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
You'll never get your way if youre an ass about it
Old 03-17-2005 | 06:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by Michiraces2much
You'll never get your way if youre an ass about it
If I were the service manager I'd help you to the door.
Old 03-17-2005 | 07:14 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Yeah in this case, I think sugar will go a lot further than spice.

If you get there this morning and he doesn't have a loaner for you, then maybe at least mention it, but if he's got the loaner for you this morning, then why bother wasting your breath?

You don't know the circumstances of why he left early either. What if he was sick and throwing up everywhere. Should he have stayed at work to wait for your call? Maybe he had a family emergency. People have lives outside of their jobs that sometimes are more important. Just keep it cool unless something really bad happens like they scratch the shit out of your rims while your car is in for service
Old 03-17-2005 | 09:20 AM
FWD tuna boat

dont complain...it wont help. just request a loaner and say HE promised you one. they should give you one.

and if they give you a rental, take it...it's not going to kill you...only for a day. i had a rental one time instead of a loaner...got a new F150. i didnt like it, but i ragged the hell out of it and had a good time.
Old 03-17-2005 | 02:23 PM
Burning Brakes

I went to acura apologized first because yesterday was just my bad day and they gave me a rental. I ask them to replace my Purge Solenoid Valve because of the crazy ass clicking noise when I press the accelerator and they said it's normal so they won't do it. I ask them to just remove the dash and replace the vent trims and they won't do that either because they say it's my intake which it really isn't because I know there's a paper stuck in the dash that's making the noise. Oh well guess I'll enjoy the rental for two days and then give it back and drive 10 minutes down to another acura and let them fix it.
Old 03-17-2005 | 02:35 PM
Burning Brakes

also my window motor is studdering they say it's because of my window tint. Imma get a second opinion before I asked my friend to retint the window
Old 03-18-2005 | 05:31 PM
Burning Brakes

i know i was being a dick to them at first but I apologized up front and everything. I'm suppose to get my car back today and they just informed me that yet they snapped another thing in my car again. First it was the dropping of my windshield now it's something else they didn't tell me what it was. Oiiii guess in life I should never be mean and just look on the bright side