Hate bose in our car? read this

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm Cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose in Z

http://www.swooby.com/z/stereo/petition/

Anyone sat on a Z with bose? and if u did what did it compare with our bose?
Old 09-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
I haven't heard the system in the Z, but I can say it's just OK in my G. Equal with the CLS.

Nothing great.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I heard the system in a track model...

sounds pretty ok.

sounded like one of the speakers was busted, or maybe he had something sitting in the side pocket on the dorr that was causing it to sound like that.

At any rate, it was decent.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
to be honest,

that has to be one of the STUPIDEST things i've seen in a long time.

they test drove the car, they had a chance to listen to the audio system, yet they decided to buy the car.

if the audio system was defective or a safety hazard, then that would be another story. but they can't just request nissan to remedy this simply because it doesn't live up to their standards...IT DIDN'T LIVE UP TO THEIR STANDARDS WHEN THEY TEST DROVE IT!

btw...i say we start a petition for side curtain airbags on our cl's. we don't have any and we knew this when we bought the car, but we're mad!!! acura should remedy this by installing side curtain airbags in all our cars for safety's sake!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:39 PM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

Originally posted by mrdeeno

btw...i say we start a petition for side curtain airbags on our cl's. we don't have any and we knew this when we bought the car, but we're mad!!! acura should remedy this by installing side curtain airbags in all our cars for safety's sake!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:41 PM
AKA MaxGeek

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm WITH YOU!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by Scrib
I haven't heard the system in the Z, but I can say it's just OK in my G. Equal with the CLS.

Nothing great.
The bass is better in my G, but overall, painfully average....just like my CLS.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro

actually i think the G's bose system has a lot better bass..deeper and louder...but on the other hand..i like the cl's mids and treble a lot better...its a lot cleaner and sharper than the G's...the G's treble sounds a bit muffled..maybe it's because of the louder bass
Old 09-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Retired. Not available.

to be honest,

that has to be one of the STUPIDEST things i've seen in a long time.

they test drove the car, they had a chance to listen to the audio system, yet they decided to buy the car.

if the audio system was defective or a safety hazard, then that would be another story. but they can't just request nissan to remedy this simply because it doesn't live up to their standards...IT DIDN'T LIVE UP TO THEIR STANDARDS WHEN THEY TEST DROVE IT!
ummm ... it's not like I have the choice not to pay for the Bloze shit in my Type S. I would rather have them remove all that shit and give me $300 (way below what Acura charged me). I BOUGHT THE CAR BECAUSE OF THE CAR, NOT BECAUSE OF THE 0.5lb amps and 4 shitty paper cone speakers. I totally agree with him about the way they advertise the below-standard system as "premium." I really doubt Nissan and/or Bloze would do anything about that petition but good luck to the guy who started this.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by SilverKnight
ummm ... it's not like I have the choice not to pay for the Bloze shit in my Type S. I would rather have them remove all that shit and give me $300 (way below what Acura charged me). I BOUGHT THE CAR BECAUSE OF THE CAR, NOT BECAUSE OF THE 0.5lb amps and 4 shitty paper cone speakers. I totally agree with him about the way they advertise the below-standard system as "premium." I really doubt Nissan and/or Bloze would do anything about that petition but good luck to the guy who started this.
i'm totally in agreement with you, they bought the car because of the car. if the stereo was that bad that it was a make-it or break-it for the deal, then they never would have bought the car.

but it's after-the-fact they decided to speak up and try to get something for the stereo.

and as being advertised as "premium"...it's all relative. i'm sure they can find something way way way worse than the stock bose and say, "hey, we could've put this on...but instead we chose the "premium" stereo!".
Old 09-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Retired. Not available.

oh well, if you like the car, you are bound to get rapped anyway they like to. Sucks to be the consumers

Regarding the CL-S, I was willing to get #@%^ed just for the car

Old 09-05-2003, 10:22 PM
What, me drive fast?

I would like to quote Nashua Night Hawk right now..."Do you want a dance club in your car?"

In danger of sounding like an @$$... I might like to explain volume to some people. It is logarithmic not linear. 200 watts is not 2x 100watts. It just doesn't work that way. Our stereo is good. Better than average because we have a better than average car. The silly cars coming out with huge wattage stereos means nothing. Anyone with a home stereo will attest to Sony, Pioneer, etc(Onkyo, Audiovox, etc,etc I could go on) distorting at a certain point that Yamaha or B&O or Nakamici doesn't. We have a nice stereo. Are we going to drive by the "strip" and thump our way down? No. Why? Well....errrrr.....why? We got robbed of a subwoofer, that is for sure. Does the TL REALLY have a sub? Waht size? Does anyone know if we got better rear deck speakers for that?
Old 09-06-2003, 11:00 AM
10th Gear

The TL has a 9" SUB mounted in the center of the rear deck. Our rear speakers are in the doors
Old 09-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Th Bose is in the Z is horrible. They had a recall on it. My cousin got it fixed and it still sounds like crap. Our stereos soung like custom systems compared to the Z. That thing gives me a headache.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Instructor

i worked at a nissan dealership last summer and all i havta say about the Z audio system is CHEAP! it sounds HORRIBLE! the audio systems in the ALTIMAS sound WAY better than the Z or maxima. the CL-S sound system definetely sounds better than the Z. no question in my mind. not to mention that the Z's just looks plain cheap and gross.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:40 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Our CLs suck.....the engine sucks, the tranny sucks, the stereo sucks, the seats suck, etc., The crap and i do mean crap they put in every other car is so much better. Let me tell you.........
Old 09-08-2003, 04:04 AM
Disproportionate Member

Originally posted by SilverKnight
I realize I'm in the minority on this, but my personal philosophy after living in Philadelphia and Toronto and having my car stolen and/or broken-in to in both places is to go with the best stock system you can go for, upgrade the speakers by adding as sub, and living with it (I lived in New York as well but I didn't have a car there). Even though I live in Austin now which isn't as bad, I'm still of the belief that aftermarket stereos are just asking to get your car broken in to. When thieves are canvassing for a quick hit, they tend to bypass stock stereos and go for the next guy who's got a nice name brand aftermarket system.

(This is up there in the list of urban rules, which includes never having anything visible in your car that looks valuable).
Old 09-08-2003, 04:08 AM
Disproportionate Member

Originally posted by Zapata
Our CLs suck.....the engine sucks, the tranny sucks, the stereo sucks, the seats suck, etc., The crap and i do mean crap they put in every other car is so much better. Let me tell you.........
Off-topic, but I actually thought the CL-S's I saw at the Austin meet were pretty nice (at least the ones of the guys who stuck around). It's a great value for the money, especially if you can get them around 27-28k. I really like the seats in them. Not sure why you feel the way you do about the engine either, but you would know more than I since you own one...
Old 09-08-2003, 07:16 AM

Bose is hella overated. THey invest more in MARKETING than R&D. They got the world fooled into thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread and I sound better than most Bose systems when I B-Box with my mouth eating a ham sandwich.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:25 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Aquineas
Off-topic, but I actually thought the CL-S's I saw at the Austin meet were pretty nice (at least the ones of the guys who stuck around). It's a great value for the money, especially if you can get them around 27-28k. I really like the seats in them. Not sure why you feel the way you do about the engine either, but you would know more than I since you own one...

twas an attempt at humor....grass is always greener on the other side
Old 09-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
i think our system is ok , could have more bass.

but if you guys say our stock system sucks, then what car has a good stock system. i best ive heard was inside a toyota camry
Old 09-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Bose is hella overated. THey invest more in MARKETING than R&D.
BOSE = Better sound through deceptive marketing
Old 09-08-2003, 11:12 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn S
BOSE = Better sound through deceptive marketing
I love the mids and highs offered by my acura bose system however I know the world of aftermarket audio very well and BOSE does have the general dumb ass public dupped and agree that we got screwed on a sub unlike the TL.

I also agree that if you put aftermarket audio equipment in your car you WILL get robbed. happened to me twice. point- buy the best stock system you can and live with it.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Suzuka Master

I don't understand people who bitch about our Bose. Sure, it's nothing amazing, but it's better than any other car i've ever ridden in.