Has the Last CL been built yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 06:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has the Last CL been built yet?

Apololgize if this has already been discussed---just curious if anyone knew for sure if and when the line was shut down? And maybe how many were actually built?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow. It's like Deja-vu all over again

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...=last+cl+built

Yep, from what's been discussed here, production stopped in June.

For the final sales figures you can probably total up the sales figures for the CL at http://www.hondanews.com/

I would give a direct link to the sales figures, and maybe the discontinuatiuon anouncement, but the hondanews site doesn't like the browser I'm using (opera). WTF - "Your Browser is Not Allowed at this site"

EDIT: as for the breakdown of the CL's produced, Mr. Slimey sent a letter to Acura. Details here:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...how+many+6spds

BTW, nice choice on the color for your CLS
Old 08-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by greenmonster
Yep, from what's been discussed here, production stopped in June.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by greenmonster
For the final sales figures you can probably total up the sales figures for the CL at http://www.hondanews.com/

I would give a direct link to the sales figures, and maybe the discontinuatiuon anouncement, but the hondanews site doesn't like the browser I'm using (opera). WTF - "Your Browser is Not Allowed at this site"
I was really bored at work one day, so I went through HondaNews and threw all the sales numbers into a spreadsheet.

In case anyone's interested, here's a link - Acura Sales Spreadsheet. There are also some graphs on different sheets.

Production numbers are also posted on HondaNews here.

Getting an exact number is tough. There's no breakdown of 1st Gen/2nd Gen. Even though there was no MY00, those MY99's were still selling through 2000. I guess only Honda knows for sure.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by IntegraVT

Getting an exact number is tough. There's no breakdown of 1st Gen/2nd Gen. Even though there was no MY00, those MY99's were still selling through 2000. I guess only Honda knows for sure.
Nice spreadsheet, IntegraVT

Getting the MY breakdown is tough, but not impossible. Remember that there was no MY00 CL, so the sales were of 1 gen cl's.

You'd have to know the beginning month that the MY was offered, but there will be some overlap. IIRC the 03 CL was available in May 02, but I'm sure there were some leftover 02's sold in May too.

At best, all you can do is "guesstimate". Only Honda/Acura will know the exact figures (and they aren't revealing those, the bastards).

I write code for a living, but I always have alot of respect for a well done spreadsheet (I suck at XLS/Word)
Old 08-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Instructor

My CL-S finished at the factory on June 14th 2003. According to my dealer, that was the last run of the CL. Mine was among the last CL's built, and maybe the very last CL-S with Navi built.