Happy but sad for CL buyers -long one

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 08:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALoP, I still don't think your being honest. I think most if not all are against you on the outdated theory which must mean you don't have much of an eye for cars. No, legends do not have V-tec. V-tec has a lot to do with the design of the exterior/interior of a car doesn't it?
Old 12-13-2001, 08:26 PM
got rocks??

honest yes vtec no?

Well I guess that sucks for you guys as far as I've heard vtec is de bomb..maybe you need a sticker??

I must be missing something as far as the looks of these cars..went to your website and had a good laugh...about my taste.

Own a highly modified wrangler for the dirt
Own a '99 CBR900RR for going reeeeealy fast (sadly no vtec)
Own a '59 Cal-Look Rag bug w/2276
Own a '01 CR500R for going reeeeealy fast in the dirt
Just bought but dont own *yet our CL-S - wife really digs it.

again taste will differ - almost have all my bases covered still am deciding if I'll get the '02 lightning (supercharged V8 drooool)

I think my aunt drives a legend maybe I'll take a closer look at it next time she's around. Its great you are under the impression your car is timeless!! Saves you big dough in the end as you have no reason to upgrade or purchase a newer car...I feel the same way about my bug..the thing is soo old but I wouldnt sell it for the world as my eyes light up when I see it in the garage.

to each his own..
Old 12-13-2001, 08:36 PM
Banned

Ya, I bet you were actually laughing out loud at the legends. Ummm, no, no you weren't, you were just saying you were. Got a little test for you. If you think they are outdated in design, point something(or "somethings" in your case, you've been talking a whole lotta smack that hasn't been too backed up, so you must think there is a lot of stuff wrong) specifically out and compare it to newer Acuras or cars for that matter telling and comparing what is outdated on the legend.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:47 PM
K L E A N

Re: I like the rims!!

Originally posted by ALoP
Other then that you couldnt give me that car. Looks a lot like an accord with a boxy arse..

Sorry mate...and im not really biased as my wife drives the CL, to me the lines on the legend are outdated and tired. If it wernt for the rear and the headlights I would mistake for a mid-90's accord.

My quesiton about V-tec was never answered..did the legends get this technology in there engines? Prob some did some didnt depending on the year I would imagine.

The legend def. does not turn my head as I pass them on the street....timeless no tired err...

KJ:P
Outdated??? Well the Legend is 5-10 yes old... But for my 5-10 year old car it still looks great as hell... NO the legend didnt have Vtec because that's a new honda motors invention... 94-95 legends did have a TypeII engine which produced 230 hp...

The Legend DOES TURN HEADS! mine Milano red ALL Stock freshly waxed always gets looks... It's nostalgic people remember it's quality acura and love it!
Old 12-13-2001, 08:58 PM
Team Owner

I’m a CL driver and I prefer the look of my "old outdated" Legend any day.

If I could put the CL-S engine, interior & electronic toys in this body, I would be a happy man.

Shawn S
Old 12-13-2001, 08:59 PM
got rocks??

remember these are my opinions - and yes I did chuckle, even called over a co-worker to show him the almighty legend. He didnt get it either - damn Grand Cherokee Limited drivers!

Okay I dont know too much but..

Looks like an accord

No HID

CD player? prob tape? trying to remember if we had cd's in 92

read your car had no cupholders?? Oh the humanity

Did I mention it looks like an accord?

too much $$

only 200Hp

No Vtec

Those were my opinions and questions..not 100% reliable info =oP

this was found on a website..

Lexus scored with image-conscious British buyers, but Legend almost missed the game; in the luxury car market, cars need to be noticed - Legend is too reticent and easily overlooked.

this is how I feel about the legend -easily overlooked.

saw someone used nostalgic in a post that is a good word in this situation..memories

KJ
Old 12-13-2001, 09:07 PM
K L E A N

Mabey this crap will end

Alright we got some people on here that have problems w/ both the Acura Legend and the Acura CL series... Well let me just say like a$$holes eveyone has there own opinion.. I have a Legend Coupe 95 it's an L not an LS (the one w/ all the bells and whisles) but it's cool.. Shit I luv the car from owning a 2.5 TL it's WAAAAAY better preformance wise... I Think the new cl's and tl's are cool as hell but bland as most stock acuras are... TL&CL-S along w/ mods and things can look PumpCL with the Hydros I think that is sssssoooooo cooool Some of you guys rim choices compared w/ your CL are also And the stock CL-S are with the 20 layers of zanio on it .... U guys luv your cars as much as us guys who own Legends... U take pride in your cars and feel anger if some one down plays them... So just take that in mind....Lets all show some ACURA
Old 12-13-2001, 09:36 PM
Banned

Legends had optional 6-CD Changers, the cupholders came on the LS model(which I have), 200 HP is a lot and is enough(drive one and you won't disagree), HID's are fairly recent innovations(you act like they came on cars in 91!!),

I noticed you didn't accept my challenge. Hmmm, wonder why??? Does the price of a car determine if it looks old?

Your right, your info isn't 100% reliable, its unreliable. Look at the design of the taillights of the G2 legend and compare them to the new lexus LS400, ES300, and Infiniti Q45. They copied the design(some in the way they light up and some in how they look from the outside)
Old 12-13-2001, 11:04 PM
got rocks??

on the way home thinking of my post

And realized im the last person to post on the negative aspects of the legend...and it shows. I dont know shite about your car. And dont care to.

bottom line I dont dislike the legends, they just dont grab me. Call it what you will.

This is what I've said all along..Im glad you enjoy your car kudos...Like always im entitled to my opinion..

I just happen to think the legend looks -unimpressive -outdated -and a bit old. (probably because it is).
Reason may be because I saw most of them years ago in there prime...again with the nostalgia.
Ever watch an 80's show and think to yourself..I remember when that was the rage??
Basically when I see a legend I think nothing...speaks for itself. My eyes will most likely fall on the shiny new Z06 (405hp drool)some old fart is driving next to me.
When I see a nice umm say S2000 I get a grin and admire the lines of the car.
I know the legend is a top class car and dont contend with that, just dont see it as the looker as some do.
Im not here to argue or involve myself in a pissing contest. For god sakes I dont even drive an Acura.

Well I'm home now and am going to drink a beer aaaah beer. My refuge.

I hope you enjoy your car for another 10 years and I also hope it retains that fresh feeling for ya.

KJ
Old 12-13-2001, 11:12 PM
Banned

ALoP, thats the most respectable post I've seen you post in this thread. Glad, you've thought about it. Only thing I can still say now is that your opinions aren't/havn't been justified in any way. I just get this feeling you bash legends with no knowledge about them and having not even driven one. Maybe your taste is way off from everyone elses. Who knows!
Old 12-13-2001, 11:42 PM
Who's Your Daddy

I thought this post was shut down 2 pages ago
Cant believe I sat here and read all that
Old 12-14-2001, 05:20 AM
www.drippinwet.com

Re: honest yes vtec no?

Originally posted by ALoP
Own a '99 CBR900RR for going reeeeealy fast (sadly no vtec)
Own a '01 CR500R for going reeeeealy fast in the dirt
first one........its O K - fast bulletproof, but too popular (you see them everywhere)

second, too heavy and outdated - my CR250 can eat up a stock 500, plus its "flickable"
Old 12-14-2001, 12:10 PM
got rocks??

Only on a track my friend <with talent>

And I never find myself on one. I would and could (and have) eaten a 250r's YZ CR RM what have you and have done so in the past. Now that everyone is converting to 4 strokes...im only getting faster. I just got rid of my cr250r - not the kind of power I was looking for as I enjoy hill climbs. <<Glamis Anyone>>

The street bike is nice..havent riddin it much lately..but I almost never see a 99 RR on the street. If I had the cash I would prob. trade up to the gsxr1000 <drool> but cant justify the expense right now because im focused on the lightning. But its fast and bulletproof like you said. Honda is always there on reliability.

thanks for the critisisim...<sp>?

Let me know if your in the bay area..we'll do carnagie!!
Old 12-14-2001, 07:16 PM
www.drippinwet.com

sorry don't get to the bay area much, i'm supposed to pick up my new bike soon: 2001 Aprilia Mille
also i like my CR250 (although its for sale)
the list of mods include:

Pro Circuit Engine -
matched cases,
deburred gears,
ported, head cut
(i run VP C12 107 Octane)

Pro Circuit Exhaust
Pro Circuit Suspension,
Titanium bolts everywhere, (even inside engine)
Titanium Front Spokes - Aluminum Nipples
Buchanon Stainless Steel Rear Spokes Steel Nipples
(larger than stock)
Black Excel Rims
(front stock size - rear 1/4 inch wider than stock)
Aluminum Machined Triple Clamps with Offset handle bar Clamps
Oversized Brake Rotors
RK european Gold Chain
Afam Coreless Rear Sprocket - Afam front Steel
all Washers Drilled for weight savings
Steel Braided Brake Lines
Boyesen Engine Covers (black)
Boyesen Rad Valve - Carbon Reeds (prototype Design)
Wiseco Pro Lite Piston
Hinson Clutch Basket
Twin Air Filter
Factory Connection Skid Plate
Frame and Swingarm Gussets
Plus Other Small Mods here and there - Some Magnesium
Old 12-14-2001, 07:35 PM
Pro

the legend was a nice car the vigor kicked ass

my .02
Old 12-14-2001, 08:30 PM
got rocks??

bring that purty bike down

and look me up ---> kjordon@pacbell.net

you would love it down here

Carnagie
Hollister Hills
Stanislaus National Forest
Santa Clara Moto park
Glamis Dunes

From the extensive list of mods I would say you prob. race. I get around the track about twice and get bored. Are you sponsored? Hope so as I wouldnt want to foot the bill for all your "stuff".

Even with your drilled washers (didnt know you could drill washers)..I doubt your 250 would pull on the 500. This bike is a beast...just got it but rode 2 cr250's prior to purchasing.

If you are sponsored what is your name...maybe I can follow your progress on the circuit. Ive got a buddy that races but he races street bikes (GP250's + GSXR600 & 1000) he's very fast...ride with another guy that laid down a kooool 30 g's for the duck sps. Nice bike although I would never spend that kind of scrilla on a bike. Im sure you will enjoy your Aprilia - they are beutiful bikes. Actually down here in the bay area you see more Aprilia's then RR's. Bunch of bloody rich engineers rolling about! But the king of the street (in numbers that is) is the R1

Well remember ya got a homie in the bay area ..run what ya brung. Be it your soon to be Aprilia or your soon to be sold CR, Ill show ya the spots! And try to beat ya to em heh heh....

KJ

Old 12-14-2001, 09:26 PM
www.drippinwet.com

hey thanks, i've been to sacramento, san fran, la, and san bernadino, i only raced amature, i did qualify for LL's amature nationals, but couldn't make the trip, actually my CR has pulled stock 500's it was actually set up for Pro Level AMA nationals
its blinding fast, yeah i had a list of sponsors, my bike is a 97, haven't rode it for 2 years, but its a real fast one, its showroom condition, always serviced after every race
just wish someone would buy it
Old 12-14-2001, 11:12 PM
Racer

Being a current 01 CL-S owner and former 95 Legend 4-Door owner, I feel that I can authoritatively comment here.

To compare the two cars objectively, I'll first list the benefits of each one over the other:

Legend:
- Better build quality. Absolutely bullet proof. No rattling. Tank-like feeling of safety.
- Better exterior appearance. More conservative. The CL is excellent too - just not as timeless.
- Power tilt / telescopic steering wheel, which is set and reset upon keying the ignition, and is synced with the memory positions.

CL Type-S
- First and foremost, acceleration.
- More agility / comfort at speeds in excess of 75 mph.
- 6-Disk in-dash.
- Every option standard: dual heated seats, power driver and passenger seats, wheels, etc.
- Xenon HID lights. My personal favorite.
- Trip-tronic shifter
- Various Safety features: VSA, side airbags, etc.
- 2 cup holders
- Dual exhaust

I had problems with each. The Legend's alarm started to go off randomly before I sold it, and I began to feel a little out of touch with the road when going 80-90 mph. The CL has always had rattles. It's really starting to infuriate me. Plus the tires are too goddamned expensive.
Old 12-15-2001, 12:46 AM
Burning Brakes

And so the moral of the story is: they are both good cars. Let's show some respect for each other.
Old 12-15-2001, 12:52 AM
Instructor

Last reply- I'll try to end this thread again, since I started it.

95 Legend Coupe - things I like - 230 hp, distinctive looks, Manual option from day ONE, supersolid build quality after 5 years old, no squeaks, back windows open, real wood trim, tiltaway wheel, paid $18k used with 1 year dealer warranty, with goldtrim, spoiler, CD changer, 42k miles. People think it's a brand new Acura but know what a Legend is.

02 CL- things I like - V-tech, navi.
Don't like - generic looks, rattles and questions on build quality compared to the JP Legend, automatic. $30,000. CL what?
Old 12-15-2001, 06:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally posted by 95LegendCoupe
Last reply- I'll try to end this thread again, since I started it.

95 Legend Coupe - things I like - 230 hp, distinctive looks, Manual option from day ONE, supersolid build quality after 5 years old, no squeaks, back windows open, real wood trim, tiltaway wheel, paid $18k used with 1 year dealer warranty, with goldtrim, spoiler, CD changer, 42k miles. People think it's a brand new Acura but know what a Legend is.

02 CL- things I like - V-tech, navi.
Don't like - generic looks, rattles and questions on build quality compared to the JP Legend, automatic. $30,000. CL what?
Sounds like a biased opinion to me. But it's ok to be wrong.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:35 PM
204,000+ &still REPPIN

im new and i dont know how to put that whole originaly posted by stuff but this is for 95 Legend Coupe . . . .thats not true accords do rattle . . .my mom has a 94 accord . . .started a few years back . . .even after a tune up wont stop. but thats just my
Old 04-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Feeds pigs bacon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good God man, you brought back a thread that was last posted in like over 3 years ago.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:08 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

Originally Posted by 95LegendCoupe
...Still waiting for Acura to build another legend but I don't think now they ever will...
RL=Legend if im not mistaken.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:09 PM
eh f**k altezzas.

damn i didnt even look at the date it was posted. sorry
Old 04-07-2005, 11:49 PM
I'm Back One MO' Gin

Originally Posted by Shawn S

The biggest complaint I have about my car is the lack of a true MANUAL transmission and that problem will be solved in about 3-months.

Shawn S
What do you mean by this?????? whats going on in 3 months??????
Old 04-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by 2ND_TIME_CLS
What do you mean by this?????? whats going on in 3 months??????
dude...look at the date Shawn posted that
Old 04-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts

i don't even remember posting in this thread it's so old.

again, the legend was a great car. but the cl-s out performs it in every possible way. i remember doing twisty runs with some type II's w/ springs and sways, and they were almost rolling over trying to keep up with us. and they may have a timeless look but the cl-s is still a better looking car IMO. i raced my friends type II at the drag strip, he had all bolt ons + a 50 shot. i still whooped him by a whole second w/ only i/h/p.

the only thing the legend has on us is the japanese build quality (i have to take that from what others have said) and the way the doors automatically latch after you shut them.

btw, the thread starter deserves to be stabbed in the eye with a spork.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:21 AM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Holy Grave Digga. Sorry guys but the Legend never got my attention. Mebbe because it looked too much like an old-ass accord/civic.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Masshole

Holy hell why was this thread brought back from
Old 04-08-2005, 10:27 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
calling all noobs! come post in dead thread... =P
Old 04-08-2005, 10:33 AM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
a spork classic!