H&R Sport Springs/Tokico HP Shocks Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R Sport Springs/Tokico HP Shocks Installed!

Okay so I got my H&R Sport Springs Installed and shocks before and afters....
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nhl....com/nhl2night

Looks: This is the perfect drop, not to low to make it ghetto, makes it look sporty and reduces wheel gap a lot. I could only fit two fingers in the front and back now.

What I observed today...on 215/50/17 tires I went over a speedbump like I used to stock, not too fast, and I bottomed out. On hard turns the car makes no noises so I am guessing the the tires arent rubbing.

Ride Quality: EXCELLENT....Honestly the car seems to drive more smoothly now except it makes more feeling going over speedbumps or big bumps. I dont have the nose dive like I used to and on hard acceleration the car no longer jumps up dramatically but sticks to the ground. Even my steering wheel doesnt vibrate as much anymore.

Handling: Well it seems like lately my steering wheel has become looser than stock anyone know how to tighten that up. Besides that the car seems to be a little more neutral but my conti tires with not a lot of tread left seems to be holding me back. I am not that impressed with the handling though as the difference is not HUGE, just a little tighter. The Body Roll is still there and I guess I will need to add sways to reduce the body roll and to obtain the much better handling than stock that I pictured. So Im not that happy with the small amount of better handling although the ride quality feels better than stock. The improvement I felt was that it different feel floaty on the highway or switching lanes fast.

Concerns:
Bottoming out on speedbumps when I went to fast, so I dont think it will if I go over them a little slower. Concern I have is I can only fit 2 fingers in the back with nothing and no one in the back of the car and the springs havent even settled. I wonder if I can fill up the car and have some stuff in the trunk without bottoming out. Anyone with these springs have you fit 4 people in the car with some stuff in the trunk and were you rubbing? What can I do to help from the tire hitting against the wheel well? If I put 225/40/18 or 235/40/18 tires and wheels will this help since it is lower profile?

Im not getting an alignment until I get new tires so I am not sure if my camber is off anyway I could tell?