grinding tranny

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 07:42 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grinding tranny

WTF???
for the past 2 weeks everytime I pull out of my parking spots after being there for a little while , and put it in drive , and start moving , the tranny makes a grinding noise , similar to that of a chrysler tranny???? This is starting to remind me of my dodge avenger WTF>??? I didnt pay 30K for a dodge tranny did I ??
Can someone explain this to me. Dodge kept telling me it was because they use plastic parts in it and it makes that noise whenever it changes gears ( it did, probably too why it broke down around 50K miles) . But what is up with the acura one.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S
San Marino red
non nav.
Old 05-08-2001, 08:00 PM
Fight On SC!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thholr:
WTF???
for the past 2 weeks everytime I pull out of my parking spots after being there for a little while , and put it in drive , and start moving , the tranny makes a grinding noise , similar to that of a chrysler tranny???? This is starting to remind me of my dodge avenger WTF>??? I didnt pay 30K for a dodge tranny did I ??
Can someone explain this to me. Dodge kept telling me it was because they use plastic parts in it and it makes that noise whenever it changes gears ( it did, probably too why it broke down around 50K miles) . But what is up with the acura one.

</font>
bring your car back to the dealers and have one of their service techs test drive your car with you. let him know when and where the grinding noise is. they did that with me and ended up replacing my tranny, also, it was leaking tranny fluid.

------------------
2001 silver cl type s
Old 05-08-2001, 08:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
it seems like people who are having major problems are having a lot of problems.

i think most of us are blessed with just rattles and some even less.
Old 05-08-2001, 08:24 PM
ACME sucks!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thholr:
WTF???

</font>
Yeh, my 98 Sebring made that same type of noise. Sounds like the stretching of wires or something. No problems with my CL-S tranny.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi/No Spoiler
Competch springs
35% tint
PIAA 19169 bulbs
K&N 33-2178 air filter

The Aviation Zone