Greddy Exhaust Help, Please help a newbie out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Greddy Exhaust Help, Please help a newbie out!

Hey Guys,
First off I wanna say that its great to see so many great people brought together on this website , I just got my 2003 Acura CL Type S 4 months ago after driving a 92 town car for 3 years, and Im in the most love Ive ever been. Its automatic which isnt as fun as the stick, but its low miles and I love it!

So Ive been browsing the forums alot, and the first upgrade Im going for is exhaust. Ive been looking and Ive noticed that the options are pretty limited for full cat-back. Ive chosen to get the Greddy Evo2, since it looks so nice and looks like the sound will be worth the money.....

Now after reading so many posts and trying to gather as much info as possible, I still need some advice. Many of you who have gotten have managed to spend under 800$ with shipping, I was curious to know where I could find a deal like that. Ive looked everywhere online, and all I can find is 800$ with shipping, I dont know if this is really the fairest price, but If anyone knew where I could find a better deal, please direct me, the place i found out has an ok deal, but are there alot of cheaper websites out there maybe?

(http://www.sportcompactonly.com/prod...tm_medium=shop)

I also am a newbie to understanding the installation process, Im living in southern california too, does anyone know a place around here or around how much it would cost to get it installed, could I do it myself, or what could I do?

You guys are all great, Thanks for any info, any recommendations or comments or a cheaper or better catback system are all welcomed.... Thanks
Old 10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
The exhaust doesn't reallly net you any HP gains so you're probably just looking for sound. Just go with the Comptech axle backs. Click here for a good deal on them.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Intermediate

Is somthing wrong with the greddys, its the full cat-back then just the back mufflers, right? The comptech is just axle back meaning the mufflers?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Cruisin'

comptech gives you three choices:

1. the center B-pipe
2. the axle back(just the mufflers which bolt to the factory B-pipe
3. the complete exhaust system which includes #'s 1&2.

go check it out for yourself @ www.comptechusa.com if you haven't already. there are also many online suppliers who sell these. try going to www.c-c-c.net. they have a lot of parts the CL and CL-S

20 days and counting until possesion of my new '03 CL-S 6-speed. Problem is black or antracite. it think i'll go antracite.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Racer

It looks like there is a pretty fair deal for the GReddy catback evo2 exhaust on Ebay. The speed shop has a 100% rating, so it seems pretty reputable. It is Ebay item # 8007031631.

Price - 676.50 & 75.00 shipping

Neuspeed also made a nice looking catback for our cars, but I believe it has been discontinued. A catback does include the mufflers by the way.

Just realize that you could spend a few hundred dollars more and get a new set of Comptech headers that will give you a lot more horsepower.

2003 cls six speed
Comptech Icebox
Old 10-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave
Just realize that you could spend a few hundred dollars more and get a new set of Comptech headers that will give you a lot more horsepower.

2003 cls six speed
Comptech Icebox
or a few hundred less and get AW headers,and still have enough left over for an intake
Old 10-15-2005, 03:54 AM
Intermediate

Im so lost, Greddy gives you everything?
Old 10-15-2005, 04:39 AM
shift@8k

greddy evo is a full catback system...whereas the comptech is broken down into axleback mufflers and bpipe. if you purchase both then you'll have a full catback system like the greddys.

i personally have the greddy's and i love them. granted buying an exhaust for gains is the wrong reason in this case. an exhaust on our cars doesn't net you much gains at all. however, i love the sound of the greddys and the overall look of them. very happy with my purchase.

its up to you...if you want to spend the same amount of money but get more out of it get headers first. you could always get the greddys later
Old 10-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Intermediate

Danm, thanks guys, I really am set on the Greddys, they look really nice on alot of your guys pictures..... I just saw some people spending really low amounts to get them, and everywhere I go its pretty expensive, the Ebay link is probabaly the lowest Ive seen, Ive read about what they do, and I understand what I would be paying for, does anyone know where in Southern California I can get them installed for cheap or how much it would be to get them installed..... or how long it would take and is it possible for them to somehow mess the installation up or somthing or is it simple?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:42 AM
ny'r residing in maine

It depends on if you want a more signifcant look (greddy's) or if you want it to look more stock ( comptech) i personally went for the greddy's. love the note and the look is what i wanted, you don't spend that much money to look stock. it's hard to mess up istallation as it is a bolt on app. for your ride.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:15 PM

I have the Greddy's also and I love them. It makes my car sound like a beefier G35. I got the greddy's not for performance, but for looks and sound. People have their own opinions about greddy, comptech, hks, etc.... but if you're set on Greddy's you won't be disappointed
Old 10-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Intermediate

Yeh, so installation would be nothing?
Old 10-15-2005, 02:15 PM
shift@8k

pointless imo to get someone to install greddys for u. probably one of the easiest diy i ever did...and my first diy i ever did too
Old 10-15-2005, 02:19 PM
ny'r residing in maine

you'll definetly love the sound, i do, and if you haven't heard for yourself yet then i believe there is a post somewhere by mattg that includes a sound clip, sold me on the spot, try searching his posts for greddy evo II. Only hard part of install may be the fact ( and it is totally subjective ) that some on the board have raised the mufflers because they hang a little low but that is up to your preference and can easily be done by any muffler or performance shop. enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Intermediate

Yeh, I read that review post, its what made me want it so bad.... I would try to install it myself, but I have no idea what I would need to do it or what do.... do you think a muffler shop would do it for like under 50$?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:48 PM
ny'r residing in maine

yea it's possible if you find a reasonable one. i had it done at a performance shop that i have a good relationship with and they said it took about 45 mins. so depending on the rate they charge for labor then it could be around 50 (assuming no modification). shop around and make sure you tell them that all they need to do is take off and bolt right back on, good luck!!!!!!!!!!