Got in a wreck...my poor CL...it may be gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here is some interesting updat. I thik its totaled...I say "think" because the ins co for the guy who hit me had to stop. Why do you ask...well because he only had 10k in coverage. They were at 8500 with out taking anything off and looking closely. That also doesnt include the headders springs and sways that are CT and cost about 1600 to replace. So now MY ins co has to take over and fully check it out to see what the # is. Going by nada and kbb the car is valued at 17-18 so totaled is 12-13. I think she is a goner. I took some more pics today with a better camera. I will post them when I can resize them. One thing I didnt notice the other day is my roof IS buckled around the sunroof...so that means there is some twised stuff going on in there. I also have another doc apt tomorrow morning. My back is killing me.........

Drive safe yall
Old 06-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Drifting

Oil pan was there...but you can see the big hole and cracks in it.

Poor poor cl 6
Old 06-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by NOLACLS
Well here is some interesting updat. I thik its totaled...I say "think" because the ins co for the guy who hit me had to stop. Why do you ask...well because he only had 10k in coverage. They were at 8500 with out taking anything off and looking closely. That also doesnt include the headders springs and sways that are CT and cost about 1600 to replace. So now MY ins co has to take over and fully check it out to see what the # is. Going by nada and kbb the car is valued at 17-18 so totaled is 12-13. I think she is a goner. I took some more pics today with a better camera. I will post them when I can resize them. One thing I didnt notice the other day is my roof IS buckled around the sunroof...so that means there is some twised stuff going on in there. I also have another doc apt tomorrow morning. My back is killing me.........

Drive safe yall

Sorry to hear the bad news....If your roof is buckled that is a strong indication there is structural damage. It now sounds like the car is going to be a total loss. If the other insurance company only has $10K in liability limits, you will have to file a claim under your own collision coverage. Your insurance company will pay you the full market value of your car less your deductible and subrogate the at fault insurance company for the money back. What they will do is an asset check on the other party. If the other driver doesn't have many assets, more than likely your company will accept the $10K limits and just eat the difference. They should still refund you your deductible once they get the money back from the other insurance company.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Drifting

The other guys ins co is fronting my deductible so I don't have to come out of pocket with it. I think they are worried my injuries are going to cost them...as they should be worried. I hurt
Old 06-21-2005, 04:23 PM
minibike wheelie king ;-)

Yep there ins. is going to cover whatever happens. They should be in good shape and I would hook you up with a good price fellow southern
does that go for the head & tail lights. Tell them that you want to keep your after market ones and I'll send you mine to put on there

Seriously, I'm glad that you didn't hit the pole head on. Sorry that your car maybe totaled and that your back hurts. Hope you feel better. Take it easy and get some rest.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Drifting

There is someone that wanted to buy the car as is...if so I will let him take it like that. If not and I can get some of my stuff off it I will hook yall up.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
belt that little kid...

kid's an idiot...

he could've killed someone.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Drifting

He almost did for real. If I hit that pole....i could very well have been killed....and I came as cllose as you can get to hitting it dead on I think
Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you explain the roof pictures, is the roof collasped slightly?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Drifting

Its buckled around the sunroof. I had it open during the wreck...wonder if that made a difference?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Pro

Man, that sucks. The cop should have turned his back for like 5mins so you could give the kid an injury or two. Good luck with the medical treatment and keep us updated.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, that wreck looked terrible!! Glad you were able to walk away from it.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Its buckled around the sunroof. I had it open during the wreck...wonder if that made a difference?

If the roofline buckled, I'd feel very unsafe riding in it again, mention this to the insurance adjuster as they will have to correct that problem.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Drifting

I did...I pointed out all of it. They are still working on it to see the total. My stero in the trunk got tossed around to...amps were up side down and the RCA's werr broke off in the amp. I had them take pics of that as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Team Owner

What is the coverage that the guy that hit you has that is limited to 10K?
I always thought your liability coverage kicks in when you are at fault for an accident.
Usually that’s much more then 10K.
Suppose you had major medical issues and a 100K surgical bill?
I know YOUR insurance could pick up the slack, but what if you had a minimal coverage as well?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Drifting

I think the lowest limit here is 10,20,10 and I believe thats what he had. I dont know how the #'s pan out but basickly my INS co is going to take the 10k from his company...and then sue the people for the reaminder. You take a risk with carrying such a low amount...some have more...a lot dont have any! I am not sure how it all works...but thats what is going on right now. I think she's a goner really...it would just about need a entire new paint job too.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:31 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG DOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF??????

I am glad you are ok bro. That looks horrible!!!
If I were you, I would get a lawyer. Dont let
your insurance company do that, do it yourself.
See if you can get some $$ for pain and suffering.

Take it ez while you recover.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Shawn S
What is the coverage that the guy that hit you has that is limited to 10K?
I always thought your liability coverage kicks in when you are at fault for an accident.
Usually that’s much more then 10K.
Suppose you had major medical issues and a 100K surgical bill?
I know YOUR insurance could pick up the slack, but what if you had a minimal coverage as well?

The $10K is probably the property damage liability limit. Liability limits for injuries are usually separate although some companies combine both the property damage liability and injury liability limits. You definately are playing with fire if you pick such low limits.

I think the lowest limit here is 10,20,10 and I believe thats what he had. I dont know how the #'s pan out but basickly my INS co is going to take the 10k from his company...and then sue the people for the reaminder. You take a risk with carrying such a low amount...some have more...a lot dont have any! I am not sure how it all works...but thats what is going on right now. I think she's a goner really...it would just about need a entire new paint job too.
If your insurance company agrees to accept the $10K liability limits from the other company, the other company will make your insurance company sign a release so that they don't pursue their driver directly for any balance. Most likely your insurance company will just accept the $10K limits and eat the difference unless they find out the other driver has several assets, then they would reject the entire $10K and pursue the driver directly.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Drifting

Well long story short the $ came back at 10,060.00. Go figgure not enough. The kicker is they as of now are not taking into account my aftermarket stuff. My inc co might not deal with that...but the other guys would. They want some reciepts which I dont have so who knows. I will be making some calls tomorow. There is a possibility they wil fix the car and also NOT put my aftermarket stuff on. So I wil get my car back almost completely stock...this is wrong!!!! I am not done yet....more to come. At the very least I am getting rid of this car I think. I am going to get the shaft!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Contact a Comptech vendor from Acurazine and see if they'll produce some reciepts for you.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Has been sold for a while

Well long story short the $ came back at 10,060.00. Go figgure not enough. The kicker is they as of now are not taking into account my aftermarket stuff. My inc co might not deal with that...but the other guys would. They want some reciepts which I dont have so who knows. I will be making some calls tomorow. There is a possibility they wil fix the car and also NOT put my aftermarket stuff on. So I wil get my car back almost completely stock...this is wrong!!!! I am not done yet....more to come. At the very least I am getting rid of this car I think. I am going to get the shaft!

Keep fighting for what you are owed. You deserve your car back the EXACT way it was before that idiot hit you.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Drifting

I got the from dean whatever his name is. Is he still on here?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Yeah I believe so. Or you can call Speed Distributors directly
Old 06-23-2005, 07:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by J.T.'s 3.2TL
Keep fighting for what you are owed. You deserve your car back the EXACT way it was before that idiot hit you.
I learned by experience, not to accept the first (or second) offer the insurance company puts on the table. If you fight it, they usually will up their offer (just my experience).
Old 06-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Yeah I believe so. Or you can call Speed Distributors directly

I sent him a PM but he hasnt logged on for a month or so

I just need someone to do a reciept I mean what do they need...proof that I bought the stuff. Look on the damn car...its there plane as day. And it certinaly didnt come from acura like that! If its busted...replace it...call the company that makes them and get a $...just like if it was the damn finder....its on the car...you have to fix it! This should be loads of fun
Old 06-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Suzuka Master

I know someone who talked to his insurance adjuster and basically asked if he would ever put his/her family back in a car that had such severe damage, they immediately totalled the car. You might try this route.

Maybe Juniorbean can help with some receipts?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Drifting

Ohhh dont worry yall I am not done LOL I have been in battles many times before mostly with acura tho. I am well versed in getting my way. And in this case it should be my way. I mean crap the guys ins company said they would replace my aftermarket stuff. But since the little prick only had 10k in coverage my ins co has to deal with it now. MY ins co is the one that might not put them in the mix. They ins ME not the OTHER GUY! I have not talked to them yet...this is just from the shop thats righting the adjustment. I plan to make a stink because I dont want to get ripped!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Team Owner

Can’t you go after “trade value depreciation” or whatever that’s called to get another thousand or two added on.
Go to an Acura dealer and ask them how much this repair would affect the trade if you brought it in after the fix up.
That might push it over the magic number.
Or find a shop that deals with high end cars like Porsche and Mercedes and tell then that you want it fixed there.
Even paying to have the car towed there and for the estimate yourself they might be able to find some more money in the repair.

One thing about these repair shops that work with insurance companies is that they’d obviously rather fix the car then total it.
If they total it they get no money except for the estimate.
A 12,000 dollar repair job will keep a couple of guys busy for a week or two.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shawn S

One thing about these repair shops that work with insurance companies is that they’d obviously rather fix the car then total it.
If they total it they get no money except for the estimate.
A 12,000 dollar repair job will keep a couple of guys busy for a week or two.

THIS IS MY EXACT FEELING! Its funny the guy at fault only has 10k in coverage...the the # I got yesterday is 10,060.00 60 bucks over huh...isnt that nice. I DONT TRUST INS CO OR SHOPS!

Thats a good idea tho in the loss of trade in value...I will have get someone to tell me what that # would be. Because I know a car dealer would laugh at a 17k trade in value if they know it had over 10k in damage and a buckled roof! God I am pissed
Old 06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
'08 TL-S

I heard sometime back that if you're close to the magic $ for totalling you can ask for a 'teardown inspection' where they look internally for damages that aren't seen by looking in the car or putting it on a lift. hopefully they'll find some extra broken stuff that can push the value over the limit.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
If He Dies...He Dies

If they have looked at the structure of the car, they should deem it totalled. I would have your ins co take another look at the suspension because if the ride over the curb was violent enough, it could have bent your axle...$$$! Also, if the structural integrity of the car is compromised in any way, that should total it right there.

Like you said, you know how to get your way. Complain about those things and the collapsed roof.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Drifting

Yup...I have had the pleasure of convincing acura that the trany in my 01 auto went out because of a defect not me racing LOL...then they proceed to swap out another 2 tranys after that. They were actually trying to charge me the first time for a new tranny...7k....my azz. Ohh and dont forget the 4 actuators on this 03...that was sure fun. Do a search on my name...you can have a fun read I bet I am ready to do battle...they are messing with the wrong cat!

Mean while I am still looking for my receipts...I might have not got them from Dean....I dont know who...I will once I find my receipts
Old 06-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Team Owner

Mean while I am still looking for my receipts...I might have not got them from Dean....I dont know who...I will once I find my receipts
Are your headers really damaged? In the photo they just look like they got sprayed with oil.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Drifting

There is a big gouge out of them...will effect performance...maybe not...but were they like that before...NO. I look at it like this...if my headlights were only scratched...would they work...yes...would they get replaced...yes! At least thats how I feel. Not to mention if there is a gouge on them...they got hit hard...did they bend...did the bend some of the mounts on the engine where they attach...who knows.

You can see it on the fron of the header by the oil pan...it dont look bad...and ots probably not...but if the oil pan got hit hard enough to have a big hole in it and also take a chunk of header out...they they could be bent up.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Drifting

Also isnt the header to the exhaust supposed to be straight...it looks kinda funny in this pic to me.

.The first thing you see on the header is the gouge...not oil

Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Team Owner

Hard to tell, but you’re right I do see the gash now.
If you do end up fixing the car, they may be able to just buy that lower pipe from Comptech.
If the upper header banks are OK and not bent.
That might help in the negotiations with the insurance company.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Drifting

What are your thoughts on tires. I dont know what they are doing but I was thinking...I know 2 are shot on the driver side...but you cant really replace 2 tires on one side with out doing the other side can you? I mean before the hit my fronts were worn much more than the rear...like normal. But if they replace two on one side...I would bet the car will pull to one side and wear the tires funny.

Thoughts....

I also have to check what tire they are replacing with LOL....I have toyos on the car...is that going to be like my aftermarket parts...they going to put the crapy OEM ones back on unless I produce a receipt to prove that those are in fact toyos on the car.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Team Owner

All depends on how much they’re worn. That’s why I rotate every 3,000 miles so they go down evenly.
Aren’t the “crappy” OEM tires quite expensive? The Toyo’s are probably cheaper then OEM.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Drifting

I keep them rotated...but the fronts were on the last go around and probably went further than the 3k run. So the fronts are worn more than the rear.

Thats true shawn...I think the oem might be more than the toyos...but if they replace the toyos with toyos why wouldnt they replce the CT springs with CT springs. That was what I was getting at.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Team Owner

Thats true shawn...I think the oem might be more than the toyos...but if they replace the toyos with toyos why wouldnt they replce the CT springs with CT springs. That was what I was getting at.
Because of price.
If tires are the same price it’s no big deal for them what brand are used.
But OEM springs are probably only like 40 bucks each.

Quick Reply: Got in a wreck...my poor CL...it may be gone