Got a work order to remove my tint MD

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Got a work order to remove my tint MD

I have to go and get it checked out.... my shit is %25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone knows if i can get out of this or i will have to remove it????

anyone help please....

also if anyone in MD knows what to do please help out.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Not sure if you're going to be about to get out of it unless you got a good friend at the MVA. I just got pulled over for the tint on my windshield (50%) and I had it taken off. Went to the MVA on Monday to show and they checked ALL my windows. I had 35% percent done, but the reading came out to 32% but the guy said it was alright..he seemed pretty cool. Not sure if you can get away with 25% though, good luck!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
ridin slow'n'low

I heard taking off front 2 side windows works around here, but i cant confirm it.

If that will fly with the police, just buy 2 clear windows from the junk yard, swap em in, show them that you took em off, then swap the original ones with tints back in.

If you're forced to take all tints off, its not very hard to do either. Just takes a steamer and alot of time.

GL
Old 04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
2003 CL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

im goin to maryland for school in sept.. are they really strict about tints down there? and pull you over just for having dark ones?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Your shit is too dark. Not much you can do about it. Have it removed and then re-tint it. Sucks but that's why most people I know stick with 35%
Old 04-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kings4987
im goin to maryland for school in sept.. are they really strict about tints down there? and pull you over just for having dark ones?
I've never seen that happen. Also if you're going to school in MD then I'm assuming you won't be changing your legal address/vehicle registration and thus MD can't inforce it's tint laws on your car because it isn't registered there.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:14 PM
White as night.

scrape it off by hand (it can be done, but its hard), it'll leave your whole window sticky as shit. show it for inspection and then get it re-tinted at a shop (they'll remove the sticky shit)
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Corrosion
scrape it off by hand (it can be done, but its hard), it'll leave your whole window sticky as shit. show it for inspection and then get it re-tinted at a shop (they'll remove the sticky shit)
This will work too. Just remember to try NOT to roll down your windows with all the sticky shit on it
Old 04-11-2007, 06:33 PM
White as night.

Originally Posted by MD03CL-S
This will work too. Just remember to try NOT to roll down your windows with all the sticky shit on it
Definately.. you will mis-align the glass if you try to do so.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Cosmic Cowboy

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
Your shit is too dark. Not much you can do about it. Have it removed and then re-tint it. Sucks but that's why most people I know stick with 35%
And it might help if you go to a shop and tell them your situation, mine gives a discount every time I have it removed and retinted. DC accepts nothing but factory tint for inspections.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:51 PM
B A N N E D

hell.. i live in montgomery county the most strict police coutny... my friends rocks 5 % and i have 20... cops dont care around here and only use them as a second offense... i dont even think mva sees it... if u get a repair order, u jsut take it to the tint place, and if ther cool they will remove it for you then sign it, and replace the tint,.. the place i took it to they remove for free, sign the repair orddr, then when u want will re tint for free..
Old 04-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Dirty Type-S
hell.. i live in montgomery county the most strict police coutny... my friends rocks 5 % and i have 20... cops dont care around here and only use them as a second offense... i dont even think mva sees it... if u get a repair order, u jsut take it to the tint place, and if ther cool they will remove it for you then sign it, and replace the tint,.. the place i took it to they remove for free, sign the repair orddr, then when u want will re tint for free..

Montgomery County is FAR from the strictest.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Montgomery County is FAR from the strictest.
hehe u think??

i always thought it was.. cops here are dicks and a half.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Instructor

On craigslist not to long ago there was a guy offering to sign them. I know a guy who works for pohanka izzuzu that does my inspections , he may be able to sign them for 125.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Banned

cant you just pay the fine?

when i used to get my tickets (20% all around 35% on windshield), i'd just pay the fine and leave the tint on...sooner or later they will realize that you have it on there to make the car look better, and not to be hiding all the blunts your blowin behind that tint and they wont hassle you anymore....havent been pulled over in months w/ the same tint still on!! KNOCK KNOCK
Old 04-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OrngeAc3.2
cant you just pay the fine?

when i used to get my tickets (20% all around 35% on windshield), i'd just pay the fine and leave the tint on...sooner or later they will realize that you have it on there to make the car look better, and not to be hiding all the blunts your blowin behind that tint and they wont hassle you anymore....havent been pulled over in months w/ the same tint still on!! KNOCK KNOCK
nope, they do not fine you with a repair order. You just have to fix the repair order and prove that it's done.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Here's the info I got on removing tint.

1. Pick up a couple cans of Dirtex window cleaner (Home Depot)
2. Razor blades for all windows except the rear window/hatch
3. Pick up some 00 steel wool
4. Spray side windows with Dirtex and scrape with razor blade (you will probably need to pull the door panels to get the glue below the seal)
5. Spray Dirtex on the rear window/hatch and use the 00 steel wool to scrape t off (this will not destroy the defogger/defroster lines nor will it scratch the glass because it's so fine)
6. ???
7. Profit

My brother's friend works at a tint shop. He says the best way to remove tint from your rear window is..... a brick right through it. Says it's just too easy to take off the rear defrost too.

I need to remove the tint on my rear window. First off it's too dark so it's very hard to see out of it at night and secondly it's bubbled a bit. Thinking about taking it all off and having it retinted in VA when I'm down there (thanks to a nice discount through National Glass Tint (PM me for info on that)). Would go with the 50% state limit here instead of the 35% it currently has. Then again even if you are above the legal limit in your state, they can use the "your tint looked too dark" reason to pull you over if they're looking for a reason. And 99.9% of cops aren't going to pull you over just for tint.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:36 PM
B A N N E D

Well, let me start off i do reside in MD, I have 15% on my car and today i see a cop hes making a u -turn to follow me so i get away,I got a buddy who's an intern at BCPD and a buddy whos loss prevention in boscovs, Basically what is going down is they got told to pull over anyone with dark windows. My buddys got pulled over couple times already all with 15%. This will only happen for another month then they will calm down. Hope and Pray!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:49 PM
ridin slow'n'low

Originally Posted by TheWeez
Here's the info I got on removing tint.

1. Pick up a couple cans of Dirtex window cleaner (Home Depot)
2. Razor blades for all windows except the rear window/hatch
3. Pick up some 00 steel wool
4. Spray side windows with Dirtex and scrape with razor blade (you will probably need to pull the door panels to get the glue below the seal)
5. Spray Dirtex on the rear window/hatch and use the 00 steel wool to scrape t off (this will not destroy the defogger/defroster lines nor will it scratch the glass because it's so fine)
6. ???
7. Profit

My brother's friend works at a tint shop. He says the best way to remove tint from your rear window is..... a brick right through it. Says it's just too easy to take off the rear defrost too.

I need to remove the tint on my rear window. First off it's too dark so it's very hard to see out of it at night and secondly it's bubbled a bit. Thinking about taking it all off and having it retinted in VA when I'm down there (thanks to a nice discount through National Glass Tint (PM me for info on that)). Would go with the 50% state limit here instead of the 35% it currently has. Then again even if you are above the legal limit in your state, they can use the "your tint looked too dark" reason to pull you over if they're looking for a reason. And 99.9% of cops aren't going to pull you over just for tint.
This is quite possibly the worst way to remove tints...

Like I said earlier, using a steamer leaves almost no glue on the window, and probably takes less effort too.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
That info came from a friend that has worked for a professional tint shop.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

well i have to go to MVA for them to check my windows first... i dont know if any shops are allowed to do the check... it would be easy to deal with shop than MVA im sure.

anyway... looks like will have to pull it off
Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CL-S 6MT
Well, let me start off i do reside in MD, I have 15% on my car and today i see a cop hes making a u -turn to follow me so i get away,I got a buddy who's an intern at BCPD and a buddy whos loss prevention in boscovs, Basically what is going down is they got told to pull over anyone with dark windows. My buddys got pulled over couple times already all with 15%. This will only happen for another month then they will calm down. Hope and Pray!
what happened when your buddy got pulled over?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
I've been pulled over twice in the past few years in Montgomery County because of my tint. Both times I ended up having to get the tint removed and everything. I noticed there's a guy on Craigslist though that says he can get your repair orders signed but he wants like $200 for that. I can get my tint removed and my car retinted for almost that much.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Usually once you get a work order, you cannot take it some place private to pass. That's the way it is in NJ. Once you get a work order here, the only place we can take it is the DMV.

IMO, take them off, and then have them retinted. I've done it about 4 times. It's always cheaper than paying someone to pass the car.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 AM
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i live in harford county, md.

i got pulled over for my 20% on my teg in OC

and recently for my 25% on my CL.

went to doctor detail in bel air to have it removed. $120.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Dirty Type-S
hehe u think??

i always thought it was.. cops here are dicks and a half.

Maryland State Police is by far the worst.

Cops on the Eastern Shore have a stick up their ass too.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just drive with your sunroof shade open during the day... I have 20%, live in Montgomery, have been pulled over and no questions were asked about the tint. The issue is: If they can't see the driver then pull the car over. At night it's a different story, but during day... Open the sunshade.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Paclark01
Just drive with your sunroof shade open during the day... I have 20%, live in Montgomery, have been pulled over and no questions were asked about the tint. The issue is: If they can't see the driver then pull the car over. At night it's a different story, but during day... Open the sunshade.
thats basically what i do...i normally drive with the shade shut, but if i see the fuzzzz in the distance i just open the shade...i have never heard of these work orders, i thought they just issue the ticket, i pay and we do it all over again if they feel like bein a dick

btw, my tickets haven't been more than $100
Old 04-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Instructor

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...309500212.html